Author Topic: Rappers you thought were going to blow up but they never really did...  (Read 632 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Rappers you thought were going to blow up but they never really did...
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 03:31:01 AM »
Six-Two - The DOC's protegé and Dre beats behind him and still could not blow up? His lyrical ability was advanced, then again he might not be able to carry a whole album effectively.
DUDE, you heard macaroni and g's? shit is amazing. I wouldn't say he's lyrically advanced, but his flow, hook writing ability, voice and delivery are AMAZING. just smoooooooth. his non dre producers are amazing too. PM if you need macaroni and g's, i'll see if i can link you or upload it if i must.

-T

I've got a few of his tracks and I think he's quite good, but the mainstream public obviously ain't feeling him. I thought Garilla Pimpin' is a fucking great track.

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »
Black Rob, never thought he'd be a one hit wonder
Chino XL- One, if not the best lyricist I've ever heard. His beats sucked and didn't have the financial backing to blow up.
Grits: Even though they are "christian rappers" There "factors of the 7" album blew even most hardened secularist rappers with that album. They continued to be innovators and great lyricist even spots on Mtv back in 1998 but still have never seemed to cross over.
The Lox- They did ok. I believe Diddy held them back.
Ruff Ryders: What can I say, They were considered to be the ones who would take over the hiphop industry.

greko

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2007, 01:24:20 PM »
Hittman, I think everybody thought he would blow up after 2001
Crooked I, still waiting, you never know...

Lex Boooger

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
The Calhouns
Iconz
Dungeon Family album didn't blow up like i thought it would

money i stack pay for my crack

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »
AZ
Cee-Lo
Do or Die

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »
Six-Two - The DOC's protegé and Dre beats behind him and still could not blow up? His lyrical ability was advanced, then again he might not be able to carry a whole album effectively.
DUDE, you heard macaroni and g's? shit is amazing. I wouldn't say he's lyrically advanced, but his flow, hook writing ability, voice and delivery are AMAZING. just smoooooooth. his non dre producers are amazing too. PM if you need macaroni and g's, i'll see if i can link you or upload it if i must.

-T

I've got a few of his tracks and I think he's quite good, but the mainstream public obviously ain't feeling him. I thought Garilla Pimpin' is a fucking great track.

i didn't even hear gorilla pimpin, i think it came out on deuce, not macaroni and g'z.

seriously, you need to hear macaroni and gz in its entirety. fuck the general public, you need to hear the tape, it's like a street album.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 02:19:07 AM »

-T

i didn't even hear gorilla pimpin, i think it came out on deuce, not macaroni and g'z.

seriously, you need to hear macaroni and gz in its entirety. fuck the general public, you need to hear the tape, it's like a street album.

-T

I'm "acquiring" that Macaroni and Gz right now lol +1

Edit: Damn, I was D/Ling the wrong shit - hook it up if you can Tanj 8)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:16:47 AM by Digital Pimpin' »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »
Tanji,you not heard Deuce?
WOW,that shit is classic. If you like Gorilla Pimpin' you should check MC Breed's version,it's MUCH better (D.O.C wrote it & the track appears on Breed's Flatline,it's already thread about this). 6-2 could still blow up,according to his myspace his Timberland produced album is done. It might not be the 6-2 we want to hear with him dancing around to wak ass pop beats. But... anybody heard the Big Mike & 6-2 duo album?

i have all the dre tracks from deuce(including gorilla pimpin, just haven't listened to it yet) as well as both versions of 'the shit'. didn't know if the rest would be worthwhile.

man, i'd be down as fuck for the big mike/6-2 album.

also, 6-2 would sound great with timbo, but i wouldn't want him only with timbo. he gotta have some dre and whoever the fuck produced macaroni, cause all that shit is fire.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »
You should check out the Deuce,6-2 is all over it,CLASSIC.
According to 6-2's myspace info(I posted the info a couple of months ago),6-2's is signed to Timberland,the album is done and Timberland produced the whole thing. Tim do pop beats,so it will not be the gangster rap 6-2 we like. I could be wrong,Tim could shock us with a well produced gangster rap album. But I'm more hyped about the album with Big Mike,it dropped(??) in January.

so I can buy the big mike/6-2 album? what's it called?

timbo is a sick producer man. he can produce whatever kind of shit he wants really.

but i just hope dre and some others are on the boards too.

i wonder if timbo will actually get the record released, cause I'm down as fuck.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 11:26:27 AM »
Yeah,I think you can buy the album,not sure,I'm looking for it myself. The album is called Southern Hydro I believe,search the forum for more info about both albums.
Tim might be able to produce a gangster rap ALBUM,but that's a new thing for him. He produced a couple of dope gangster rap tracks like the Set Up (Snoop,Ren and Rage) and the joint on 6-2's street album,but 99% of the shit
he do is corny well produced pop.

what joint did he produce on six 2's street album?

'put you on the game' is tight too.

i've always liked his beats. shit is funky

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »
The track is called Let's Get High,check the HUS. The Game track is dope,Tim can do dope gangster rap. Let's see if he can do a whole album. As I said 99% of what he do is WELL produced corny pop.

that track lyts get high is sick

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »
i dunno why, but i thought Shyne would've blown up after Godfather Buried Alive

he seemed to have gotten a good amount of exposure, i guess the public wasn't interested in it though

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 11:27:42 PM »
Canibus in 98, his name was being compared to Rakim...still think he's one of the greats, but being blackballed is a motherfucker,

chill
he´s never been blackballed, that´s just an excuse coz he can´t make good songs. he can drop all of the jibberish(coz that´s all he´s doin) but when it comes down to picking good beats,writing good hooks and coming up with appealing concepts Canibus is weak as fuck.

Rip The Jacker is one of the best albums ive ever heard, stoupes beats are amazing and lyrically canibus is at his finest.

As for those who should have blown up, definatly royce and hitman.

Agreed, with a budget to make a music video i think 'No Return' would've got some serious listens and brought Bis back into the limelight,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :