Author Topic: Should Dr Dre Retire before Detox?  (Read 1027 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: Should Dr Dre Retire before Detox?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 01:50:39 AM »
just wait for detox... i'm not the biggest dre fan but he will show ya. I think it was the same before 2001 dropped, people thought he fell of, but he stopped discussion with his album. And his last beats were still heat (those on Snoop's album are cool), although the
beats he gave to Jay are crap. My only fear is that his new sound will pe poppish and not westcoast anymore.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »
I think Dre will make Detox good, not like the throw aways he's giving to other artists right now, but I think it'll be the most overrated album ever just because of the hype.

I doubt Dre will retire for a while. Maybe from hip hop, but he has always tried to break into other genres. The only reason he has kept producing rap songs is Eminem.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 02:15:59 AM »
I don't think that Dre invested all of his capability when he made give away beats like Imagine, Lost Ones & etc. Dre doesn't have to show off with these give away beats, because Detox is so anticipated that people would check it out, even all the beats that he gave away would be garbage. I'm not afraid of Detox's beats sounding bad, I'm more worried about what kind of quest appearances it is going to contain.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 02:31:45 AM »
I know Jay-Z isn't the most liked rapper around here, but 30-Something & Trouble saved Kingdom Come from being a completely shockingly bad album.

It's funny how we sometimes get these threads about Dre not being so good any more - when that muthafucka so much as farts, there's twenty fools analysing the mixing lol

It says a lot for the other producers out there if Dre's making wack beats, because those wack beats are still ahead of the competition.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 03:50:13 AM »
There's gonna be riots all over the world if Dre retires before "Detox".
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

The Predator

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 04:07:34 AM »
Looks Dre is going thru that Dr Dre presents wack Aftermath compilation shit again before he kills it on his next solo lp.

MR_JV

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 06:27:10 AM »
maybe dre's saving all his best beats for detox  ::)

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 07:44:50 AM »
its obvious that the dre beats from this past year were emails from his vault.  he went full time on detox after busta and thats exactly where everyone says he fell off.  the production on detox is probably going to be some of his best, the only thing we should be worrying about, if anything are the guests.

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 07:54:58 AM »
sorry i stated the obvious before i read this topic ^

ren was taken off both la niggaz and bang bang..he rapped on both.  bang bang i never heard the story about, but la niggaz was the one where someone complained and got him taken off.  i thought it was always xzibit for some reason but i don't remember why.