Author Topic: Devin on billboard  (Read 262 times)

floatin_above_everything

Devin on billboard
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:34:30 PM »
Can't believe he peaked at #78 on the R&B charts, didn't even crack the hot 200 for the first time. Rap-A-Lot stay fuckin up promo for there artists. :-\

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
Re: Devin on billboard
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:14:08 PM »

dont blame rap a lot.. them boys been runnin the same routine that made face a household name in the beginnin face and gb didnt have little to no promo..same goes for big mike, 3-2 and a few others..

devin aint trippin so why should we..its all about longevity
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:18:47 PM by girls who take pictures with their booty's out are really hoeish... »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:19:25 PM »
RAL is not doing the same thing. Devin used to move 200-300K every album. He can't be happy about the promo for this album.

When face & the gb's came out in the 80's early 90's there music was so controversial that they really didn't need promo to sell. Look at Trae & Z-Ro's albums. Didn't sell casue they werent promoted right. And let's not even talk about the Yukmouth situation.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »
Rap-A-Lot has an indie stuctured deal with Asylum that allows them to make upwards to 6$ off every album but in return their paying for promotion,videos etc. so most RAL artists are content with selling 150-200 which most of them does so you can´t just blame Rap-A-Lot allthough J could definently afford to spend more money. but in the end Devin´s prolly the one to blame the most coz it´s not exactly like he´s put himself in the spotlight on his own.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:57:56 PM »
I dunno, his label could have funded a video, and RAL artists don't sell that much anymore, so if Devin only sells 20K ( which is a stretch even, judging by 1st week sales ), it's a damn shame. Devin, Trae, Z-Ro=all artists that should be in the top spot, but that lasbel is holding them back. Again, do I need to bring up the Yukmouth situation?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
He's got 2 singles that are great tracks featuring some of the most well known names in hip-hop (Snoop, Andre 3000, Lil Wayne, Bun-B,) so they need to throw down the money for a video for at least one of those tracks.  The album is tight as hell, that's not the problem.  Yeah, what did Trae's last album do on RAL?  Like 30K?  They've gotta do SOMETHING to push it.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 06:29:01 PM »
I just checked the charts on hitsdailydouble.com, and Devin hit #29 on the Billboard 200, with 23K sold the first week  ???

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:58:16 PM »
I just checked the charts on hitsdailydouble.com, and Devin hit #29 on the Billboard 200, with 23K sold the first week  ???

Yeah?! That's awesome news! Allmusic.com has him peaking at # 78 on the R&B charts which is why I made this topic. Well then, I'm happy now ;D

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 08:37:20 PM »
some stores broke the street date so it made it's way on early on last weeks chart, the new charts come in tomorrow

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 10:20:21 PM »

Yeah?! That's awesome news! Allmusic.com has him peaking at # 78 on the R&B charts which is why I made this topic. Well then, I'm happy now ;D
thing is, 23k isn't that great anyway

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »

thing is, 23k isn't that great anyway
Yeah but then again 23 K is not terrible 4 an indy album with no video and little promo, especially by today's standards. I thought he did something like 4-5K, that shit would have been terrible.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »

pretrty sad

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 08:08:39 AM »

pretrty sad

CORRECTION: the official #s are out, he did about 24,900

it's more then Xzibit's album, Daz's album, UNK's album etc.

^^all those artists had videos & additional radio singles out
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 08:14:35 AM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com