Author Topic: Gilbert Arenas Warned By NBA For Betting With Fans.  (Read 114 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Gilbert Arenas Warned By NBA For Betting With Fans.
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »
NBA Scolds Arenas For Bets With Fans

By Ivan Carter

Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, March 26, 2007; Page E08

LOS ANGELES, March 25 -- The NBA warned Gilbert Arenas on Sunday not to repeat his actions of Tuesday night, when he said he made $10 bets with a group of fans during a game against the Portland Trail Blazers.

"We spoke to Gilbert and explained the issue to him," NBA spokesman John Acunto said. "And he assured us he wouldn't do anything like this again."

Arenas said the bets stemmed from heckling that was coming his way throughout the Wizards' 100-98 loss.

"I owe some guy $10," Arenas said after the game. "At the beginning of the game, I told somebody I was going to hit the game-winner if it came down to it. So I owe him $10."

On his blog for NBA.com, Arenas said he had obtained the fans' e-mail addresses so he could pay them. Earlier in the season, Arenas engaged in a three-point shooting contest with teammate DeShawn Stevenson after a practice and, according to both players, Stevenson owed Arenas $20,000 for losing. Later, both said no money was exchanged and called it a "friendly wager."

GangstaBoogy

Re: Gilbert Arenas Warned By NBA For Betting With Fans.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »
Lmao! You gotta love Agent 0

Sorry to sound like a bitter fan, but had that been Kobe making bets, I guarantee it would've been atleast a 1 game suspension.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:51:51 PM by GangstaBoogy »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:24:25 PM »
Lol I didn't like dude for a while but I can't hate anymore, he's way too funny

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:07:17 AM »
F the NBA.  Funny shit like that between fans and players should be encouraged.  Guess they don't want their players doing anything out of the ordinary out there on the court.  "Just go out there and play like the non-emotional drones we're trying to make you become."  Bastards.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:39:14 AM »
^ I don't know about encouraging gambling, but you have to love how open he is with his fans. Not too many professional athletes are like that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:27:25 PM »
^ I don't know about encouraging gambling, but you have to love how open he is with his fans. Not too many professional athletes are like that.

They were supposedly heckling him too...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 01:12:02 PM »
LOL@ encouraging gambling
it was TEN BUCKS

The Best of 3 Worlds