Author Topic: Celtic Hit By UEFA Fine  (Read 91 times)

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Celtic Hit By UEFA Fine
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
Noticed that there wasn't a post up on this, thought that one of the Celtic fans may have wanted everyone to know this  :P

Taken from Sky Sports

Celtic have been fined £420 by Uefa following bottle-throwing incidents during their Champions League match against Milan at the San Siro.

The Bhoys had fought the Uefa action and are now considering an appeal.

They claimed they should not be held liable as the two empty bottles - neither of which reached the pitch - came from a part of the stadium which was not officially allocated to Celtic fans.

Uefa opted to impose the fine after a meeting of their disciplinary body.

"The club still awaits formal written confirmation from Uefa. However, the fine of 1000 Swiss francs (£420) says it all," said a Celtic spokesman.

"Not withstanding this, we are disappointed and may consider an appeal once we have seen the detail.

"We would like to add that, given the last-minute changes to arrangements for the match in Milan, the supporters were once again magnificent."

Not a large fine, but the self proclaimed 'GFITW' have received a punishment from UEFA, no doubt it would have been worse if people were singing songs  ::)  :P

Sky Sports

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Celtic Hit By UEFA Fine
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:44:06 PM »
LOL a fine off 420 euro thats nothing, Feyenoord got banned from the UEFA cup because of an incident like this.... and something else  ;)

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 03:33:53 PM »
lol, not even worth a topic!

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 03:39:40 PM »
"The club still awaits formal written confirmation from Uefa. However, the fine of 1000 Swiss francs (£420) says it all," said a Celtic spokesman.

You bored at work or something dude?  This is silly.
NO MORE WAR

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 10:27:10 AM »

I said that it wasn't a great amount of money for a  fine, just updating on UEFA issuing a fine, whenever anything negative about Rangers comes out it seems to be put on the board by a Celtic fan  ::)

I even waited a day to post it :P

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:11:32 PM by TheDeli »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 11:09:36 AM »

I said that it wasn't a great amount of money for a  fine, just updating on UEFA issuing a fine, whenever anything negative about Rangers comes out it seems to be put on the board by a Celtic fan  ::)

I even waited a day to post it :p

i saw this on sky sports and was wondering when it would be posted up.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson