Author Topic: The definition of a REAL MC...  (Read 197 times)

jeromechickenbone

The definition of a REAL MC...
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:49:52 PM »
MC = Master of Ceremonies aka Mic Controller aka Move the Crowd

I want yall to watch this vid and take notes to how a real live MC does it:  He needs no hype man, he doesn't need 7 niggas screamin into mics, no crazy pyro, no bitches shakin their ass.

He has the ability to actually connect with a crowd, spits a little verbal gymnastics all with the appearance of effortlessness.  He's so fuckin tight on the mic that he gives you goosebumps.  He holds the crowd in the palm of his hand.  And just when you think he got caught slippin, the jokes on you. 

This is a real live MC.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJAr3snB38A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FJAr3snB38A</a>

Samoan Enforcer

Re: The definition of a REAL MC...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »
a pyro blast after he began rapping again would have been tight though

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »
haha dope performance..but daaamn i hate that word "real" mc or "real" hophop... man..either you feel what the rappar has to say or you dont... i cant stand rappas bragging about how "real" they are..makes me puke lol. If i think a rapper is dope and has something to say then hes real to me, he/she dont need to say it in every verse...

XaNdEr

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 02:24:14 AM »
he need to get that stupid pimp clothes off, its too gay for words

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:55:37 AM »
to me there's the MC's, the rappers and the lyricists, when it comes down to it it's all hiphop

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 06:02:28 AM »
Now you guess who I'm going to see on Friday... :D

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:52:52 AM »
That super real hiphop group G-Unit?

Back to topic:
He is spitting some dope rhymes and flow!!
But I didn't really like that he just stands there and do nothing, I'ts more dope when theres a little more action going on IMO :)

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »
That super real hiphop group G-Unit?

BDK, stupid! ;D

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:48:36 AM »
Damn, nah, FUCK DAMN, how can you not love this guy?!?LEGEND.Props Jrome  8)

11z man, when you can, give some info about that concert.I'm sure Kane will be GREAT
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 11:37:57 AM »
My opinion :

I do not like when pioneers of Hip Hop use beats from todays artists, just cuz it looks like they gotta stoop down and legends ain't never supposed to stoop down. I feel like they should not have to use another younger cats beat, it's just, TO ME, makes their status look smaller. You up in the top top, you ain't supposed to look down. Hard to explain but ya'll gotta feel me!!! Word?

However, the dude's a fuckin' legend I mean look at the brotha's flow over them beats. It's crazy. The way he dropped the mic and everythang. He's amazing. There's no doubt about it. The pimp shit just makes me laugh though. LOL.

BUT, he didn't rock the crowd, he didn't move around, his presence wasn't strong enough. You know what I'm sayin'? He needed a lil more in there.