Author Topic: Any updates on Flipsyde?  (Read 116 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Any updates on Flipsyde?
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:06:58 AM »
In July, it will have been 2 years since "We The People" came out. A more than a decent album in my opinion.
Last I heard they did a gig at San Quentin btw...

ABN

Re: Any updates on Flipsyde?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:13:31 AM »
a guy from around my way who´s worked with Sean Price,Smif-N-Wessum,Ken Ring etc etc submitted some beats to the rapper in Flipsyde for an upcoming project. dunno if it´s for a solo project,Flipsyde or something else.

maudizzle

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »
a guy from around my way who´s worked with Sean Price,Smif-N-Wessum,Ken Ring etc etc submitted some beats to the rapper in Flipsyde for an upcoming project. dunno if it´s for a solo project,Flipsyde or something else.

Crafty is talking about the group Flipsyde ;)

But to answer your question: they're working on an album right now. I don't know the release date though, but I can ask.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 08:22:41 AM »
i´m talking about them aswell(wasn´t it them that did that abortion joint?), and the rapper in the group bought some tracks from a guy from Gothenburg.

maudizzle

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »
i´m talking about them aswell(wasn´t it them that did that abortion joint?), and the rapper in the group bought some tracks from a guy from Gothenburg.

Oh ok, I didn't know that :)

I misread your post, so I thought you were talking about the rapper Flipsyde :P

ABN

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:52:12 AM »

Oh ok, I didn't know that :)

I misread your post, so I thought you were talking about the rapper Flipsyde :P
maybe it´s him? i have no idea, the guy that sold the beats said he did some shit with Flipsyde. i´ve only heard that Happy Birthday joint with Flipsyde and i just took it for granted that it was the rapper outta the group who did that joint. but to tell you the truth, i didn´t even know their were 2 different acts using that name.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »

But to answer your question: they're working on an album right now. I don't know the release date though, but I can ask.

Do it up!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 10:17:06 AM »
i saw them with snoop last year in concert, they seemed pretty good but i never ended up getting there album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:26:14 AM »
are we talkn about "happy birthday"-flipsyde?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 10:50:37 AM »
are we talkn about "happy birthday"-flipsyde?

Well, yes and no. The guy who did the "Happy Birthday" song is a member of Flipsyde. He's the rapper of the group and goes by the name of Piper. But, since that song is on a Flipsyde mixtape, a lot of people seem to think that Flipsyde is the name of that rapper. Apparently, it's just a misunderstanding.

So yeah, I'm talking about the group as a whole. I mean, if anyone has got any updates on what Piper has been up to, I'm interested too, but I'd like to know when the new Flipsyde album is coming out. So yes, Zuka...if you could ask them, I'd appreciate it, thx!

Mygla

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »
Piper isn't exactly the greates rapper in the world, but Flipsyde got some great songs. We The People was one of my fav albums of 2005.