17 (53.1%)
D&YG2: Tha Saga continuez
2 (6.3%)
Cali Iz Active
0 (0%)
Dogg Chit
13 (40.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: 2nd best DoggPound album  (Read 609 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: 2nd best DoggPound album
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2007, 12:02:45 PM »
nobody makes 12 track albums no more, I wish they would go back to that tho where every song was the shit and no filler material

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2007, 12:04:41 PM »
in retrospect man, D+YG would be as good as dogg food if Kurupt was consistent lyrically. it's easily the best since DF IMO. it just has more bangers and more consistency and really ambitious production that was sick. DC is #3 from what i've heard though

(i've not heard LOTP,CIA, OR DYG2)

-t

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »
in retrospect man, D+YG would be as good as dogg food if Kurupt was consistent lyrically. it's easily the best since DF IMO. it just has more bangers and more consistency and really ambitious production that was sick. DC is #3 from what i've heard though

-t

Mike Dean deserves props for alot of that production on Dillinger and Young Gotti, D & YG 2 was not as dope but the DPGC Muzic track is :o, probably the best westcoast track of 2005

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2007, 12:13:45 PM »
Last Of The Pound and 2002 do not even count to me. They are left over tracks. Dope tracks at that on most of them, but not complete albums. D&YG was innovative to me beat wise because it was the first album Daz worked with a producer outside of the DPG camp in Mike Dean. So it had a fresh, new sound to it. Lyrically, I thought Kurupt was solid, not as good even as SIAM, but solid. But Daz to me was improving on the mic more and more by this time and their chemistry on this album was as good as ever.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2007, 12:14:17 PM »

-t

Mike Dean deserves props for alot of that production on Dillinger and Young Gotti, D & YG 2 was not as dope but the DPGC Muzic track is :o, probably the best westcoast track of 2005

still ain't heard it. i suppose i should.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2007, 12:17:44 PM »

-t

That track is not even the best on the album...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2007, 12:18:23 PM »
yeah mike dean and daz killed the production together on DYG

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »

-t

still ain't heard it. i suppose i should.

-T

one of my favorite DPG tracks 8)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lEh_-Tc9bxU

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2007, 12:31:05 PM »
What U Gone Do?, Ride & Creep, Push Bacc, I Luv When U, Make Me A Believer, U Remind Me, Hit Donutz In Tha Streetz, Cuz I'm A Gangsta, & Feels Good To Be A Dogg Pound Gangsta > DPGC Muzic

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »
What U Gone Do?, Ride & Creep, Push Bacc, I Luv When U, Make Me A Believer, U Remind Me, Hit Donutz In Tha Streetz, Cuz I'm A Gangsta, & Feels Good To Be A Dogg Pound Gangsta > DPGC Muzic

and these are all on DYG2?
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2007, 12:45:37 PM »

-T

Yea...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2007, 12:46:13 PM »

-T

Yea...

word, props
-T

westcoastavengers.com

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »

-T

yeah that album is str8 heat too... its more of a chill album compared to dogg chit.... but i rate them equal becuase they have 2 very diff sounds and they are for 2 dif moods

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »

-T

yeah that album is str8 heat too... its more of a chill album compared to dogg chit.... but i rate them equal becuase they have 2 very diff sounds and they are for 2 dif moods

its also the first album they recorded since they got back together so its special in that way

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2007, 02:14:44 AM »

-T

its also the first album they recorded since they got back together so its special in that way

yeah fo sho that album was 5 years waitin for and to me it didnt disapoint