Author Topic: ANOTHER SOCCER PLAYER COLLAPSES, DIES...This time in Israel.  (Read 302 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

ANOTHER SOCCER PLAYER COLLAPSES, DIES...This time in Israel.
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:40:58 PM »
Zambian soccer player collapses, dies during practice session

August 29, 2007

JERUSALEM (AP) -- Chaswe Nsofwa, a forward who played for Zambia at the 2002 African Cup of Nations, collapsed during a practice session Wednesday in the Israeli city of Beersheva and died minutes later in a hospital, the Israeli rescue service said.

Nsofwa was with Hapoel Beersheva, which plays in Israel's second division. Israel TV reported he collapsed during a practice game in the desert city. Rescue workers tried to restart his heart for several minutes on the field before taking him to Soroka Hospital in Beersheba.

Nsofwa was 26, according to the roster Zambia gave FIFA when he played in the 1999 World Youth Championship, which listed his date of birth as Oct. 22, 1980.

Paramedic Carmel Cohen told The Associated Press he rushed to the field when he received the emergency call.

"When we arrived we found the soccer player lying on the grass. We found his friends trying to help him," he said. "We gave him first aid, electric shocks and an external pacemaker, but despite all our efforts, he was declared dead at the hospital."

It was unclear why Nsofwa collapsed, but temperatures on the field approached 100 degrees with low humidity. Nsofwa, who joined Hapoel Beersheba during the offseason, scored in his team's 3-0 win over Hakoach Amidar Ramat Gan on Saturday.

Nsofwa appeared as a second-half substitute in all three of Zambia's games of the 2002 African Cup. He scored in a World Cup qualifier against Cameroon in July 2001.

On Tuesday, Antonio Puerta, a midfielder for the Spanish club Sevilla, died three days after collapsing during a league game.

Scary shit.

Intriago33

Re: ANOTHER SOCCER PLAYER COLLAPSES, DIES...This time in Israel.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 02:50:48 PM »
Third player in a week - and two have died. A 16y/o in England also died the week before.
It's crazy how all this is happening at once  :o

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:29:52 PM »
Third player in a week - and two have died. A 16y/o in England also died the week before.

yeah apparently the leicester city player is stable so hopefully he will be fine.

Its not the first time foe died playing for cameroon, fadiga had heart problems at bolton and kanu needed an operation for a hole in his heart.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:03:20 PM »
dam thats some crazy shit

rik

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:10:05 PM »
Another reason why football>soccer.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:30:38 PM »
Crazy shit...

I guess the Gods agree with me,

American Football > Futbol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Intriago33

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »

Because people suffer from heart attacks?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 11:40:51 AM »

Because people suffer from heart attacks?

Yeah, lol

RIP to that player

kemizt

Paul

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »

mate, that is so small minded
funkyfreshintheflesh

Paul

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 11:59:07 AM »

it wasnt in england , it was scotland, i knew of him, was a hibs fan so it affected some people i know
funkyfreshintheflesh

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »
all had heart conditions. why are u suprised