Author Topic: So im moving to LA to go to CSULA...advice from westcoasters needed!  (Read 74 times)

So Much Style

Alrite, been to San Diego a bunch and loved it, never been to Los Angeles, but am going to school at California State University-LA next year on an exchange program. The school is right in downtown LA, any advice on where to live? I got 2 other roommates and we want to live somewhere fairly nice. I hear Pasadena is pretty clean?

Any other advice on LA besides Sunset strip, Beaches, and the obvious attractions?

Is it really as dangerous and dirty as the people on City-data.com say?

So much style back at it again

E. J. Rizo

Re: So im moving to LA to go to CSULA...advice from westcoasters needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 10:47:27 AM »
Alrite, been to San Diego a bunch and loved it, never been to Los Angeles, but am going to school at California State University-LA next year on an exchange program. The school is right in downtown LA, any advice on where to live? I got 2 other roommates and we want to live somewhere fairly nice. I hear Pasadena is pretty clean?

Any other advice on LA besides Sunset strip, Beaches, and the obvious attractions?

Is it really as dangerous and dirty as the people on City-data.com say?

first of all CSULA is NOT in downtown.... its acctually east of it by where the 710 and 10 freeway meet... if you take the 710 freeway north til it ends... then you are at CSULA... ive had a few friends go there and its not that ghetto... and Pasadena wouldnt be a bad choice for you... besides that you have all the alhambra, monterey park, san gabriel areas that really i dont think are too bad at all... but pasadena is nice would be a cool place to stay .... and man trust me you will find things to do out here... no problem

WestCoasta

Re: So im moving to LA to go to CSULA...advice from westcoasters needed!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
Pasadena wouldnt be a bad choice

I always think traffic when I think of Pasadena