Author Topic: Why Is It...?  (Read 83 times)

Big BpG

Why Is It...?
« on: October 03, 2001, 08:11:24 PM »
Why is it that all the OLD albums are considered classics and most of the news ones are taken back as mediocre?

This is my opinion.

Back in the day these "classic" albums were the first of their kind. We had never heard beats like this, lyrics like this... thought like this... It was something new, very fresh and very easy to like. The Chronic succeeded in being a very very Hot album from beats to Lyrics. Doggystyle was an album we all anticipated and Snoop's lyrics lifted it off like a rocket. All eyez on Me was a dope political statement by Pac and even G Funk Era was a new twist in Funk with the added G style... however as the westcoast music progressed it also slowed... pacs death, the fall of Deathrow, the leaving of Dre for eight years and the shipping of Snoop to No Limit... westcoast music was left to young inmates who weren't part of the scene during the wonderfull Deathrow days... the Eastcoast started blossoming, new faces like DMX, JayZ, Nas, and others were taking place. The west however didn't seem to change, no one stepped up to take the throne, not until Dre came back in 1999. He came back with another new an fresh sound, a sound we never heard before and instantly the world goes crazy... we have the same people running the game, spitting the same stuff... their lives have changed drastically as well, from the street kids to adult entertainers, their perspective on life is different and it shows in their music. Because of that their albums aren't fresh, they aren't new to the ear... they don't have real political struggles to talk about anymore... you leave that to the young folks... I guess... when these guys were kids, they had these thoughts that really made you think... now those thoughts are watered down or non-existent because the lives they have now aren't about the struggle, or about the ghetto, or about the police brutality, its not with them anymore... and they can't express it as well anymore in their music

-Big BpG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05