Author Topic: Dr Dre Westcoast Don  (Read 485 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
Dr Dre Westcoast Don
« on: March 31, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
The west runs through doc dre the chronic aftermath brought doggystyle dogg food regulate and other releases chronic 2001 aftermath brought return of the regulator tha eastsidaz shade sheist informal introduction xzibt restless snoop dogg last meal maybe a dre release is exatlly what we need

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre Westcoast Don
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:48:40 PM »
I woulnt put it the way you did but lets say that him and Snoop are pretty much up top of the food chain when it comes to westcoast rap. Yuo got Ice cube up tp there too but hes more on the movie side of things. Music wise, Dr dre and Snoop are both there.
I say has more of a influence on the musical aspect of things since he crafts the sound. Snoop keeps the wets in the spotlight with his appereances, news, music, cllothing lines and other business ventures and guest spots in numerous ways like records, shows, thing slike that

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 01:26:58 AM »
he just means dre sets off the wave. all those cats wait till after dre drops, then they drop because after dre makes a banger you're gonna be hungry for more of that type of shit (that's the theory) so his affiliates use that buzzz from their appearances and what not, and drop subsequently. I think it's what crooked may be waiting for?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

MediumL

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 01:47:39 AM »
I'd agree with that. He's helped make loads of west coast classics, from Eazy Duz It to No One Can Do It Better. He's helped push Snoop and The Game into the limelight. He's also helped people like Xzibit, Knoc, DOC and many others, and not forgetting he was a founding member of NWA and was co-founder of Deathrow (NWA and Deathrow were the biggest things outta the west coast).

Plus whenever the west coast gets some buzz its usually dre related...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »
he just means dre sets off the wave. all those cats wait till after dre drops, then they drop because after dre makes a banger you're gonna be hungry for more of that type of shit (that's the theory) so his affiliates use that buzzz from their appearances and what not, and drop subsequently. I think it's what crooked may be waiting for?

That is exactlly what i meant  ;D

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 11:16:54 AM »

-T

crooked i? whats he gotta do with anything?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »

-T

a)possibly involved in writing for dre/detox as evidenced by 'say dr.dre', not too much of a stretch to think he could have a verse on the record as well
b)crooked I seems to be waiting for something before he drops an album. perhaps it's 'tox.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:25 AM »

-T

a)possibly involved in writing for dre/detox as evidenced by 'say dr.dre', not too much of a stretch to think he could have a verse on the record as well
b)crooked I seems to be waiting for something before he drops an album. perhaps it's 'tox.

-T

i HIGHLY doubt crooked i will be on detox...

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 11:49:35 AM »
agree wit that!!
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »

-T

-T

That's all well and good but Detox isn't supposed to drop until late 07. And even then, it's not like Crook is even in a position to release an album anyways.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 11:50:23 PM »

-T

-T

I agree, but I mean what raide was saying...

for example. Ice Cube wasn't on 2001 BUT
a)as people associate him with dre, it was a good move to do peace disc a bit after 2001 and
b)hello was riding off of the watcher/dre's 2001 style of production, you know?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 11:51:51 PM »
I woulnt put it the way you did but lets say that him and Snoop are pretty much up top of the food chain when it comes to westcoast rap. Yuo got Ice cube up tp there too but hes more on the movie side of things. Music wise, Dr dre and Snoop are both there.
I say has more of a influence on the musical aspect of things since he crafts the sound. Snoop keeps the wets in the spotlight with his appereances, news, music, cllothing lines and other business ventures and guest spots in numerous ways like records, shows, thing slike that

Agreed..

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 02:21:56 AM »

-T

-T

I agree, but I mean what raide was saying...

for example. Ice Cube wasn't on 2001 BUT
a)as people associate him with dre, it was a good move to do peace disc a bit after 2001 and
b)hello was riding off of the watcher/dre's 2001 style of production, you know?

-T

YES!!
Think about it,we got a lot of new talent Omar Cruz,Young Maylay,Ya Boy etc. they would all benifit of this new wave,so they should all wait. Even all those old cats should wait,Dre will bring it back,just wait and see. All these new cats got love in the streets,so Dre should pick em up and give them a shot. 2007/2008 should be interesting....

dre would be ideal, but really it just needs to be anyone that will make a atomic bomb impacting west coast album that implies possibilities for a lot of styles

-T

westcoastavengers.com