Author Topic: For those who hate on my Dre fandom  (Read 971 times)

d-nice

Re: For those who hate on my Dre fandom
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 09:47:50 AM »
Two things..

Whenever I respond to the threads about Dre falling off people say I blindly follow Dre in the sense that regardless of the musical nature/quality of the beat and say it's dope just because it's Dre...I have no reason to endorse Dre's music if I don't think it's dope....If I left HIP HOP AS A WHOLE GENRE FOR 5 YEARS(which I did) why in the FUCK would I just say Dre's shit is dope for the sake of doing so? I have no loyalty, I am going to listen to what I want to listen to at a given time because it sounds dope to me.

I like Dre because he is an artist. Most rappers were criminals and are hustlers and not artists so as soon as they get a chance to make money and no longer expend artistic effort they do so because they have no reason not to. Dre was never a gangster, he was all about music from the get-go and that's WAY doper than being a gangster. being a gangster is some shit you do because you couldn't reap the benefits of an education, it gets you killed and jailed and it's truly stupid and alot of cats act like Dre is the worse for not doing that. People here actually diss dre because he was a musician from the get-go and not a gangster but that's exactly why he's a better artist than almost anyone else out there: His fucking priorities are straight. Since he was a kid, he was a DJ...all about music.  So while these uneducated ex-cons and lowlifes hustle us with their real gangster past or whatever Dre stays making art.

Furthermore, he's always has used real musicians as opposed to synth as much as possible and that's just the way it should be done on the west coast.

Furthermore for cats acting like I'm a Game groupie, I like Game but off the top of my head DPGC is away higher on my list of not only favorites but how often I listen to cats.

Now you can make all kinds of gay sex comments and the other exhibitions of exceptional maturity this board is oh so well known for or you can actually respond to the ideas I present in the post. There I said it. Now get off my fuckin' nuts. I'd rather be a fan of an artist that is trying to make quality art than a fan of a gangster just due to the fact that they were/are a gangster.

-T

PREACH! Can I get a witness from the congregation!!!  ;D

I had a similiar post about this with the DPG that you probably already read but hey you gotta stick by ya guns in here. DPGC, Dipset, G-Unit, whatever. I got mad respect for the die hard Dipset fans, not groupies. Anybody in this day and age that is a actual fan gets props from me. And does not mind expressing why they are a fan.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »
I'm not a big Dre fan anymore, but great topic Tanj, and good back up + 1.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »
realistically speaking i'll check anything with dr dre's name on it for the quality of music he puts out but if you think about it, most beats he has someone else playing the keys, bass, etc.. yes ya'll going to say but it's his vision and he tells them what to play but the amount of beats he releases each year compared to other producers is lacking, meaning if he is going to release 5-10 beats a year, they all should be amazing and ground breaking which has not been happening yet

did you listen to The Big Bang? all the beats on their were bangin', "Been Through The Storm" is easily one of my favourite Dre productions recently.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »
Been through The Strom was amazing, althouh I though Sha Money XL co-produced that. I'm pretty sure of it. Some of Dre's beats have been hit or miss in the last 2 years imo.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »
yeh Sha Money XL coproduced, however you can tell that alot was Dre, the string arrangement for example.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 11:48:47 AM »
yeh Sha Money XL coproduced, however you can tell that alot was Dre, the string arrangement for example.

Guess so.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 11:52:30 AM »
wow, surprised at the lack of hate ;D +1 tanj

everlast1986

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 11:53:05 AM »
What would you guys rather see? multiple posts about Dr. Dre or Dipset? i think i might know the answer to that one

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 11:53:44 AM »
^^^^ yeah, neither.

everlast1986

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 11:55:03 AM »
^ i mean if you absolutely had no other choices

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »
Well then of course Dre.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
props to all in thread.

that's cool that some people don't dig the sound he does now, I'm just tired of

a)people accusing me of saying everything dre does is dope just cause it's dre
b)people acting like dre's whack cause he's not a gangster

Now as far as the other musician stuff, Dre has done that since the days of N.W.A...he's always used musicians, to me, it's more creative than using pre-programmed synths, pre looped loops, pre programmed voices but whatever. yeah scott storch plays the keys, but do any of us know how often dre comes up with the riff and has scott puppet it so dre can go program the drums or add the bassline or whatever? you guys know what i mean.

also, dre's been taking piano lessons for a few years now, as a music fan and someone who also plays piano, Piano is the musical dictionary. songwriters often come up with the music on piano and proceed to have their players play it. for all we know, dre composes alot of the stuff on piano and has Elizondo/storch etc. play the shit he comes with you know?

There're people who say 'dre has other people doing his shit for him now " all I'm saying is he's always had musicians.

Furthermore, it takes alot to cohesify a group of instrumentalists. I've played with bands, jammed with countless musicians and it's HARD to coordinate that shit. Yeah, my bassist can be playing a fat riff, but if EVERY OTHER ASPECT of that beat isn't gelling with the bassline then it's over, you dig? Scott storch may be in one room laying something sick on the piano but elizondo's sick bass riff may not go with at all. it's up to Dre to fix that discrepancy, you know? That takes skill, and ears. dre himself has admitted, his greatest talent is his ears and that he knows what he likes to hear. he's never claimed otherwise/that he's a sick musician.

as far as him falling off...

I can see how beats like 'trouble', 'get low', 'hustlers' can be seen as weak due to their lack of melody, awkward-ness and they are some of my least favorite recent Dre beats but due to their experimental nature they grow on me. Plus the drums to hustlers are the same as xxplosive's drums which is really cool to me.

otherwise...i don't see what you guys are complaining about, the rest of his stuff has pianos, guitars, bass guitars, classic dre drums, and cool melodies. if you don't like the melody, it's taste. alot of people don't like boss' life. I think the song is instrumentated and produced brilliantly but I could have gone for a different and better melody, even so, the melody is dope to me but I could have seen it being doper.it grew on me though, i really love the song now. dig all the layers and see if you don't like it some more, the chords he hits at times are just so leanable. the really simple guitar riff's lowest notes add a lot to it.

furthermore, i didn't know dre was obligated to change the game with the several beats he releases a year. i expect him to change the game with his solo records/records that are completely produced by him but not his freelance beats.

stuff like Imagine and Lost Ones i think throws people off with its simplicity, but any jazz fan will tell you the chords on these beats are real cool. not to mention the hitting as drums, I love the basic melodies too. and the simplicity is great to me. less is more and when you become a better artist you realize it's more important to make a bomb cake then to add all kinds of frostings to it.

furthermore, straight to the bank and 30 something (also great jazzy chords it rests on) are proof that he still does g funk so what's not to love?

also to the cat saying all his beats should be groundbreaking/amazing and it hasn't happened yet...I respect your opinion, but I to the best of my objective assessment abilities DO feel that his beats in recent times are up to his standards.  To me the standard of dre beats is this:

-likable melodies, catchy, addictiveness, headnodding and being provoked at least ONCE per track to say 'damn this shit's hittin'
-groundbreaking? Synth strings are THE corniest sound in the history of music and with 'in da club', 'hustlers', 'trouble', and 'get low' dre is working on fusing such strings with piano/guitar and hard drums to update OLD ass hip hop that had no bass guitars (LL, Run DMC, etc.) kind of using sound effects and the strings as replacements for scratches if that makes sense as well as maing corny strings sound dope. I have a feeling he will have this technique/stye down by detox.  Those beats are among my least favorite of his new shit, but they grow on me all the time. I suspect that's why he's working with Mike Elizondo less, he is seeing what he can do as far as non-bass guitar centric music.

word. i appreciate that you guys, but I still felt the need to explicate.

-T

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:53:28 PM by Tanjibility-The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 01:41:06 PM »
Tanj, it ain't really you, I think alot of people just see the Dre name and assume that it is the best produced record in the world. Just because it's Dre people do this.

Noone can deny his body of work, but what I'm saying is that just having a Dre produced song on your album is not gonna get me excited anymore. Props for backing up your opinion. Youll be out of the - by tonight lol.

d-nice

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 01:43:26 PM »
T, you don't have to explain yaself homie. You already shown the knowledge of the music, you just took a little break and are catching up. And yeah like reefer said, you will be having good karma by the weekend  ;D

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »