Poll

Its that nigga in black scarin people ta death, i-i-its t-t-that n-n-nigga...

Kizz My black Azz
3 (15%)
Shock of the Hour
8 (40%)
Da villian In black
4 (20%)
Ruthless
5 (25%)
Ren-In-Carnated
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Best MC Ren LP?  (Read 278 times)

dclee

Re: Best MC Ren LP?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 04:57:28 PM »
also, Shock of the Hour needs to be re-issued! so people can actually buy it from stores and not just from ebay for high prices heh. i like having the actual CD and not just a burned copy ya know?
i was pissed when then remastered all eazy, cube, and nwa's shit but not rens

i thought the reason for that was because Priority was behind the remasterings so they only re-issued albums that were distributed by Priority, and the only Ren album on Priority was Kizz My Black Azz ep which they did remaster and re-issue with the music video for final frontier as a bonus. so i think at this point the only one that can re-issue Ren's other material is ruthless records, but damn, probably will never happen. damn tomika wright! lol

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 12:47:41 AM »
1 ruthless for life 8/10
2 villian in black 8/10
3 shock of the hour 7.5/10
4 kizz my blac azz 7/10 (ONLY CUZ IT WAS SO SHORT)

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 01:05:43 AM »
Im not really sure which one is the best Ren album, but 'Kizz My Black Azz' is one of my favorite album titles lol  8)

Raphael

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 03:28:09 AM »
1.Shock of the hour ....Niggaz screamin mayday cause Ren is kickin ass like Pele Makin fools run like it's a relay 8)
2.Ruthless for life ... Ruthless For Life the title track is one of my favorite Ren joints
3.Kizz My Black Azz .... hard debut album and Final Frontier is to dope
4.Villain in black ...cool dark album p.s. I need the Keep It Real remix!

JohnnyL

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 06:06:06 AM »
Ruthless For Life is apparently underrated by some.  If I remember correctly, The Source even gave it four mics saying "MC Ren records the album of his career."  Not saying anyone's wrong here, but if everyone said "Shock of the Hour" it would be a pretty boring thread to read.

Also, it's kind of unfair to consider "Renincarnation" in the judging.  Sure, it's the weakest one, but it was never officially released.  We can't even be sure if any of those songs would've ended up on the final album.  I guess you can list it for completeness sake, but I highly doubt anyone will pick it as his best. 

Oh and dclee, off the top of my head I can remember Ren dissing Will Smith, Heavy D, D'Angelo, and Da Brat.  There may have been more, but I can't remember.

"Real niggas made Will Smith leave Philly, not Jada...these bitch made niggas turnin' into Ren haters." -Ren
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 06:17:48 AM by JohnnyL »

Raphael

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »
Oh and dclee, off the top of my head I can remember Ren dissing Will Smith, Heavy D, D'Angelo, and Da Brat.  There may have been more, but I can't remember.
he also disses Genuwine Niggaz mo bitchy than that nigga Genuwine

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 10:12:22 AM »
ruthless for life  8) but all of the other album are dope  8) it's a shame that mc ren is underrated like that.he's one of my favorite