Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound (Their Days Are numberes)  (Read 457 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
Tha Dogg Pound (Their Days Are numberes)
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:06:30 PM »
Man, as a big DPG fan this is sad to say, but their days are numbered.  Dogg Chit is a dope ass album and it only sold 11,000 units its first week.  I have concluded that DPG is just not relevant in the rap game anymore.  I think its only a matter of time before they are forced to retire.  I mean it costs a lot of money to put out a record.  They are no longer selling units so how the hell can the continue to put out records?  If Dogg Chit did 80,000 or above then DPG would be making pretty good money, but it wont even do 40 K.  My favorite rappers of all time (Daz and Kurupt) are pretty much done.

d-nice

Re: Tha Dogg Pound (Their Days Are numberes)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:10:07 PM »
Man, as a big DPG fan this is sad to say, but their days are numbered.  Dogg Chit is a dope ass album and it only sold 11,000 units its first week.  I have concluded that DPG is just not relevant in the rap game anymore.  I think its only a matter of time before they are forced to retire.  I mean it costs a lot of money to put out a record.  They are no longer selling units so how the hell can the continue to put out records?  If Dogg Chit did 80,000 or above then DPG would be making pretty good money, but it wont even do 40 K.  My favorite rappers of all time (Daz and Kurupt) are pretty much done.

How can you be forced to retire if you are on a indie? You have no idea how much money is takes to make a album. I have never seen so many people worried about money that is not theirs. It's only been 1 week.

rik

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 10:21:42 PM »

How can you be forced to retire if you are on a indie? You have no idea how much money is takes to make a album. I have never seen so many people worried about money that is not theirs. It's only been 1 week.

That's what the rap game has come to. Everyone cares about sales and how much an artist make instead of the music.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:39:44 PM »
I have concluded that DPG is just not relevant in the rap game anymore.
It took you till April 10, 2007 to figure this out?

acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:55:29 PM »
I have concluded that DPG is just not relevant in the rap game anymore.
It took you till April 10, 2007 to figure this out?

thats what I was gonna say.  They haven't been relevant for years.  90% of rap purchasers probably don't even know who daz or kurupt is.

XaNdEr

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:58:11 PM »
FREE POST

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 11:01:38 PM »
Hold up Zee^, DPG has been irrelavant for oh 8 years now, this is nothing new.

They will never be FORCED to retire, what's most likely gonna happen is that they are gonna keep releaseing music long into there 40's and completely lose there small remaining fanbase. I for one, hope they don't let the sales discourage them and keep putting out music. they are one of the few remaing west coast acts I feel and for them to retire would suck.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
who gives a fuck about sells its about the product itself and as long as they keep putting out dope shit im going to support them.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 12:26:35 AM »
who gives a fuck about sells its about the product itself and as long as they keep putting out dope shit im going to support them.

I know, that's exactly what I'm saying lol, people over-analyze shit way too much...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 12:45:29 AM »
they shit is the best music that comes out..fuck sales... kids buy pop music and club music, they dont know real music... i will buy a dog album as long as they droppin them

Rudki

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 05:39:14 AM »
get over the numbers, and get over whats 'hot' in rap music today....
DPG have released some of the best music ever in my eyes, and if you dont like their current shit dont bump it, if you do, enjoy it.

I for one thought Dogg Chit had quite  a few good tracks, I just wish 'Make it happen' prod. by Alchemist made it onto one of their newer albums b/c thats one of their best songs in the past 10 years! Sample issues I guess..  :-\

RickyBlake

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 06:51:55 AM »
Do u guys realize that they can continue to perform live for years just because they got a big ass collection of famous hip hop songs in their catolog....

So even when they don't make any new records they dont have to retire, nowadays they make more money from performin live anyways...(cuz they don't sell a lot of records)

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 07:15:18 AM »
Can't expect sum West Coast gangsta shit to go platinum or gold these days.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 07:20:28 AM »
that's 11,000 hardcore DPG fans who bought the album because they knew it was coming out thanks to sites like this, most people did not even know they had an album out so the sales are what they are, as long as they keep putting out good music is all I care about and they just put out one of the bangers of the year so far