Author Topic: Fuck. UGK Pushed Back AGAIN Til June 26th  (Read 234 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck. UGK Pushed Back AGAIN Til June 26th
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »
From Bun's Myspace

Code: [Select]
Sorry to inform everyone, but the UGK album has been pushed back once again to June 26th!

Also, be sure to check out UGK tomorrow (FRIDAY 4/13) on BET Rap City!

Already!

Fuck.  I'm sure its not Bun and Pimp pushing it back, but this is bullshit.  It was supposed to drop in December, and they're gonna keep pushing it back like this?  Its fucking ridiculous.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Fuck. UGK Pushed Back AGAIN Til June 26th
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:59:14 AM »
Probably because of all the leaked songs. They might be taking more time to record more songs to pick from to put on the album to replace some of the leaked songs. Bone Thugs probably need to push their album back too because of the same problem.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:01:30 AM »
Probably because of all the leaked songs. They might be taking more time to record more songs to pick from to put on the album to replace some of the leaked songs. Bone Thugs probably need to push their album back too because of the same problem.
if that's the case, it'll benefit us in the end!  but i think Jive's just fucking around.  They did the exact same shit to Donell Jones last year, in fact i think his album ended up coming out on that exact date, June 26th, maybe it was June 20th,  after damn near a year of delays.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:40:55 AM »
That sucks, all these fucking pushbacks aint doing nothing good.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 11:10:54 PM »
fuck dat i aint buying this anymore, i'm a dl the shit and burn it on a cheapest cd i'll find. jive did that the first time, after all the hype from big pimpin was gone

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 07:06:39 AM »
now pimp c can officially call himself the dre of the south

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 07:31:08 AM »
fuck dat i aint buying this anymore, i'm a dl the shit and burn it on a cheapest cd i'll find. jive did that the first time, after all the hype from big pimpin was gone

How does that help UGK ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
The record is not gonna sell regardless. Number 1, Jive doesn't know how to market this type of rap, and number 2, nobody sells shit anymore. They should just put the damn thing out, I don't know why the fuck they even signed to Jive again in the first place. They are losing fans, and interest in this project is dwindling as well. Bad move, Jive.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »
The record is not gonna sell regardless. Number 1, Jive doesn't know how to market this type of rap, and number 2, nobody sells shit anymore. They should just put the damn thing out, I don't know why the fuck they even signed to Jive again in the first place. They are losing fans, and interest in this project is dwindling as well. Bad move, Jive.
They're stuck on Jive becasue they were signed to Jive since back in the day, and they owe them one more album.  They've already said they're jumping ship to RAL/Asylum after this.  But you're right, they're not gonna sell a lot no matter how they try to promote it, unless the entire South goes out and supports them (Pimp C and Bun B solos sold a SHIT LOAD, especially considering they didn't get much promotion.)  A dumb choice was releasing "Game Belongs To Me" as the single/video.  The song is great, and its also a good single choice for UGK fans, but its not gonna have any mainstream success, thus no play on BET.  The only reason to release that song as a single is to show the fans that they didn't sell out, but releasing it as a street single like they did earlier should have sufficed.  They need to drop a radio friendly second single or they're fucked saleswise for sure.  What happened to "Stop N Go" with Jazze Pha?  That's a tight ass song, but even that might not be mainstream enough.  Hopefully this pushback was done for a reason, for the record company to promote it properly, but if not, its just bullshit.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »
They're stuck on Jive becasue they were signed to Jive since back in the day, and they owe them one more album.  They've already said they're jumping ship to RAL/Asylum after this.  But you're right, they're not gonna sell a lot no matter how they try to promote it, unless the entire South goes out and supports them (Pimp C and Bun B solos sold a SHIT LOAD, especially considering they didn't get much promotion.)  A dumb choice was releasing "Game Belongs To Me" as the single/video.  The song is great, and its also a good single choice for UGK fans, but its not gonna have any mainstream success, thus no play on BET.  The only reason to release that song as a single is to show the fans that they didn't sell out, but releasing it as a street single like they did earlier should have sufficed.  They need to drop a radio friendly second single or they're fucked saleswise for sure.  What happened to "Stop N Go" with Jazze Pha?  That's a tight ass song, but even that might not be mainstream enough.  Hopefully this pushback was done for a reason, for the record company to promote it properly, but if not, its just bullshit.

Oh, first off I thought once Dirty Money dropped, they were done on Jive. I figured that's what took that album so damn long too come out. I'm realizing that one of my statements could be wrong. Who do you know in this rap game, especially form the South that is more respected than UGK? They will have support, maybe not go Gold, but now that I read your post, the album could do 300-400K which would be huge. As far as making a radio-friendly, rintone single, I honestly think UGK would lose more fans then gain. The fans that like you just off of a single, most likely arent going to buy the whole thing, and will forget about the group when the next ringtone-ready single drops.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »

Oh, first off I thought once Dirty Money dropped, they were done on Jive. I figured that's what took that album so damn long too come out. I'm realizing that one of my statements could be wrong. Who do you know in this rap game, especially form the South that is more respected than UGK? They will have support, maybe not go Gold, but now that I read your post, the album could do 300-400K which would be huge. As far as making a radio-friendly, rintone single, I honestly think UGK would lose more fans then gain. The fans that like you just off of a single, most likely arent going to buy the whole thing, and will forget about the group when the next ringtone-ready single drops.
True.  I guess the days of the dickriders who like one song and buy the album are gone, because those dudes are just gonna go download it.  Maybe that's why sales numbers are in the shitter.  I never thought of it like that man.  Props.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »

True.  I guess the days of the dickriders who like one song and buy the album are gone, because those dudes are just gonna go download it.  Maybe that's why sales numbers are in the shitter.  I never thought of it like that man.  Props.

+ 1 Right back at you E. I'd say that's defintiley the reason why sales are drasticaly down. If you look at it, the music really HASN'T gotten worse, it's just so easy to click a mouse 3-4 times and have an entire album just like that. I don't really see anyother reason why sales would be down. You could blame the sinking economy, but as far as hip-hop sales go, I believe downloading is the sole reason for bad sales.