Author Topic: Bilal's Album is amazing  (Read 323 times)

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
Re: Bilal's Album is amazing
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2001, 05:18:51 PM »
I haven't been copping r&b cds. I don't remember the last time I did buy one. Maybe I'll check it out. I still haven't bought alicia keys. Yo how is that alicia keys. I'm afraid to buy these two joints cause I think it might get no play.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

RivieraIII

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2001, 06:52:05 PM »
ALICIA KEYS could go down as Soul album of the year, no bullshittin. Bilal's joint is sick too and No More Drama (Mary J.) is blazin'. For late last year, Erykah badu and Jill Scott. I been coppin' some Soul as of late coz hip hop's crazy stagnant. Last CDs I REALLY liked this year? D12, Beanie Sigel's The Reason, Blueprint, Hi Teknology, Guru's Balhead Slick and the Click... That's about it. Eastsidaz was good too (even though I'm yet to get it); Kurupt got mixed reviews from y'all so I don't know... and Jadakiss was crazy disappointing (only like 1/3 of the album, like the first 6 songs and that's it, should have downloaded them). One slept on joint: KRS-One's Sneak Attack. Bangin'... The rest this year didn't come thru for me...

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2001, 08:53:55 PM »
I gotta get Jill Scott's too. I have to go collect some money from a few people who owe me first.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mr_Loc

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2001, 07:42:31 AM »
i'll have to check that out. i havent got any new albums for a few months now. i might buy that and the Alicia Keys cd, shes too dope.

seems R&B is actually moving forward for once

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. .."Lifes a bitch and then you die"...
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2001, 08:37:01 AM »
bilal's album is fucking SICK!

im not even playing with you...buy it.

alicia keys is also a nice album...a little too sentimental in places for me but a solid 4 mics

jill scott's album was tight and so was erkyah's last one but i seriouslly sugggest all my funk lovin hip hop heads out there cop that new macy gray 'the id'...that shit is off the hinges...its got dope tracks with ?uestlove, mos def, and slick rick but macy shines when shes on her own just as bright...it really does sound like macy over some vintage parliament shit...most definatley dope.
"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"

Murrow

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2001, 09:41:35 AM »
"I wish I was drug free sometiiiiiiimes."
"Sometimes"

That equals realness.

RivieraIII

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2001, 04:41:39 PM »
Bilal - 1st Born Second
Alicia Keys - Songs in A Minor
Mary J Blige - No More Drama
Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun
Jill Scott - Who's Jill Scott?
Macy Gray - The Id (yep yep yep...)
Maxwell - Now

EVERYONE: GET THOSE CDs IN YOUR COLLECTION, FO' REAL... For recent R&B, yo, those are excellent records dawgs, EXCELLENT, just great music... And go back to check AMEL LARRIEUX (chick from Groove Theory) "Infinite Possibilities" if you slept on it last year like most peeps did. It's serious... They even have a review of the album at soundcircuit.com...