Author Topic: Celtic/Man United book...  (Read 78 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Celtic/Man United book...
« on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:26 AM »
Celtic United" is the first book ever to examine the special relationship that has developed over the years between Manchester United and Celtic, the two biggest football clubs in the UK and Ireland. Bestselling author Frank Worrall digs deep to highlight how the clubs' fans and teams are very much alike, primarily because they have for decades built from the defensive stronghold of being much despised in their native countries. He builds a vivid picture of the tragedies and triumphs that have befallen both clubs and looks at the altruistic base behind the formation of the clubs: how Celtic were formed by an Irish monk and how United developed through the grinding endeavours of an Italian immigrant. Worrall also pinpoints how United and Celtic became the first British clubs to win the European Cup in consecutive years (Celtic in 1967 and United in 1968), how they each had a brilliant but tragic star within their ranks (George Best and Jimmy Johnstone respectively) and analyses the work of the men who have played for and managed each club. Also given a voice in "Celtic United" are the fans who proudly wear badges and scarves showing their allegiance to both clubs. Rod Stewart, arguably their most famous fan, explains why he loves them both to the extent that he even wrote a song with the lyrics, 'You're Celtic, United, but baby I've decided you're the best team I've ever seen.'

Theres a picture but after being here for 2 years i still dont know how 2 post pics. haha. Any thoughts?

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Celtic/Man United book...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 02:32:47 AM »
My first thought is go to the image right click on it and hit properties.

This will give you the address of the pic.

Then put [ img ] at the left side of the link (without the spaces in between) and put[ /img ] at the right side (again without the spaces in between).

Should work.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 05:06:08 AM by Mac 10 »
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: Celtic/Man United book...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:35:04 PM »
Well i actually meant thoughts on the book but cheers anyway. lol

The Maestro