Author Topic: Dogg Chit sells 2,531 in third week.  (Read 832 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Dogg Chit sells 2,531 in third week.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 01:32:14 PM »
wha? didn't know that. will blaze one up for you while there homey.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 02:13:34 PM »
i'm getting the impression that not even this whole board got the record.

that'd be 14000 right there, come on.
Dogg Chit sold 2,531 units its third week out.  It has pushed a total of 18,565 units in the US since its release three weeks ago.

so is that 8 bucks a record shit on koch confirmed or a big rumor or what?

-T

Let 50 Cent tell it, no.  ;D

Nah, I have no idea. But at this point it their career, indie is the way to go. Now watch all these people come in and say the album did not sell because it is wack.

I wasn't ever suggesting to not go indie, i was just wondering if they were eating off this.

man, they need to do a show around here again, LA or IE. i would go and bring at least a few heads.

-T

I was saying either way 8 dollars or not, they will get more money out of the situation if they keep doing the indie thing. Yeah I would like to see them live as well.

you said you have a few times right?

-T

No, I have never seen Dogg Pound live. Snoop either.

Why didn't you go to the Ice Cube/DPG show in Vegas last year on Memorial Day weekend? BTW that was a good ass show, Snoop and Nate showed up to perform as well

Also, this album wasn't/isn't that good to me. I didn't buy it and don't plan on it either, I prefer CIA over DS.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 02:16:28 PM »
i'm getting the impression that not even this whole board got the record.

that'd be 14000 right there, come on.
Dogg Chit sold 2,531 units its third week out.  It has pushed a total of 18,565 units in the US since its release three weeks ago.

so is that 8 bucks a record shit on koch confirmed or a big rumor or what?

-T

Let 50 Cent tell it, no.  ;D

Nah, I have no idea. But at this point it their career, indie is the way to go. Now watch all these people come in and say the album did not sell because it is wack.

I wasn't ever suggesting to not go indie, i was just wondering if they were eating off this.

man, they need to do a show around here again, LA or IE. i would go and bring at least a few heads.

-T

I was saying either way 8 dollars or not, they will get more money out of the situation if they keep doing the indie thing. Yeah I would like to see them live as well.

you said you have a few times right?

-T

No, I have never seen Dogg Pound live. Snoop either.

Why didn't you go to the Ice Cube/DPG show in Vegas last year on Memorial Day weekend? BTW that was a good ass show, Snoop and Nate showed up to perform as well

Also, this album wasn't/isn't that good to me. I didn't buy it and don't plan on it either, I prefer CIA over DS.

I had to work that weekend, graveyard shift. I worked at a Convention Center and I was working crazy shifts and hours. Now that I got a regular job with weekends off I am going to start hitting up concerts. I am going to see Nas the 28th also.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »
I had to work that weekend, graveyard shift. I worked at a Convention Center and I was working crazy shifts and hours. Now that I got a regular job with weekends off I am going to start hitting up concerts. I am going to see Nas the 28th also.

8), I know how the convention business can be.

Latley though their haven't been very many westcoast acts or rap acts that have been playing Vegas lately, except for big weekends, that I've wanted to see. The SRO used to have acts play up their alot, but haven't heard much coming from there. Quik hasn't even performed up there in about 2 years and he used to be a regular or at least 2 make performances. The last show I think I went to was when Suga Free performed at Hidden Secrets and that show was garbage.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 02:51:38 PM »

8), I know how the convention business can be.

Latley though their haven't been very many westcoast acts or rap acts that have been playing Vegas lately, except for big weekends, that I've wanted to see. The SRO used to have acts play up their alot, but haven't heard much coming from there. Quik hasn't even performed up there in about 2 years and he used to be a regular or at least 2 make performances. The last show I think I went to was when Suga Free performed at Hidden Secrets and that show was garbage.

The SRO is gone, it is called 702 now. The sheriff out here was putting alot of pressure on these hotels and concert venues not to have hip hop acts perform because they feel it brings too much violence. And that Pacman Jones incident and Game/Young Buck does not help matters. I was surprised Cube and Nas in a 2 week time frame so I had to go, like you said it is becoming less frequent for hip hop out here.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 04:22:16 PM »
i dont believe that whole $8 a cd, unless its after a certain amount sold as cds only sell in the states for $10.

I highly doubt koch only makes $2 a cd, surely that doesent even cover the advertisment and manufacturing ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

~Lucien~

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 04:28:32 PM »
2,531..?   ::)
that's what you get after releasing an unmastered garbage album full of bullshit lyrics and wack ass beats
i'm still a dpg fan but... but this ain't quality music  :-\

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 04:33:10 PM »
2,531..?   ::)
that's what you get after releasing an unmastered garbage album full of bullshit lyrics and wack ass beats
i'm still a dpg fan but... but this ain't quality music  :-\

did you buy the album or download it ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »
DPG fell off so bad .. :/ (quality wise)
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »
I still haven't bought the album.  It's been fuckin sold out.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 05:35:47 PM »
I liked the album...i got the bonus tracks.  Shit, if it wasn't for those...i would of downloaded.  Damn, they should of include the bonus tracks instead of making it limited time only b.s.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
Too bad for them, but I mean it was an indie release with no promo, so its pretty tight that they could move that much in 3 weeks.  That's about how much Xzibit moved for his last album, and he has a more recognizable mainstream name than Daz and Kurupt nowadays, he's all over MTV all the time.  This is probably how much So So Gangsta moved too, and that came out on a major.  I agree, DPG should do a tour, at least hit Southern California, I saw them perform with Cube last year and Snoop, Nate, and Warren came out too.  They were great live.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »
Too bad for them, but I mean it was an indie release with no promo, so its pretty tight that they could move that much in 3 weeks.  That's about how much Xzibit moved for his last album, and he has a more recognizable mainstream name than Daz and Kurupt nowadays, he's all over MTV all the time.  This is probably how much So So Gangsta moved too, and that came out on a major.  I agree, DPG should do a tour, at least hit Southern California, I saw them perform with Cube last year and Snoop, Nate, and Warren came out too.  They were great live.

i ain't 1 to point faults, but what DPG is at in 3 weeks, xzibit moved in his 1st week. still terrible, but just saying

i think this album had the potential to do more #s then CIA, because I think vibe wit a pimp was a more radio-friendly single. the reason CIA moved more, was CIA's video was released before the album dropped, wereas Vibe dropped after the album had already hit the stores. Stupid Stupid :nawty:
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 07:35:59 PM »

i ain't 1 to point faults, but what DPG is at in 3 weeks, xzibit moved in his 1st week. still terrible, but just saying

i think this album had the potential to do more #s then CIA, because I think vibe wit a pimp was a more radio-friendly single. the reason CIA moved more, was CIA's video was released before the album dropped, wereas Vibe dropped after the album had already hit the stores. Stupid Stupid :nawty:

Preach! And now they just got that song played on 106. They should have used Snoop's popularity, got some spots on TV and that would have helped alot. Shit CIA sold 100k, this will be lucky if it gets half of that. Still a good album, I wish the promo CIA got would be the same for this.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 07:39:35 PM »

Preach! And now they just got that song played on 106. They should have used Snoop's popularity, got some spots on TV and that would have helped alot. Shit CIA sold 100k, this will be lucky if it gets half of that. Still a good album, I wish the promo CIA got would be the same for this.

yup they fucked up a real good attempt at movin some decent #s with this cd by waiting so long to drop the vid. It won't hit 50,000 no way
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com