Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 8127 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Is it too soon to be talking about the offseason?

rik

Yes, especially since we're winning the Championship.

wcsoldier

Naw.. get a good point guard and trade Lamar-Bynum for Jermaine Oneal (the star we apparently have the more chances to acquire).. I've already seen comments "Bynum is the future" coming but I don't give a fuck being a contender in 2015.. and for Lamar, John Barry (who has been horrible through the game,  the BEST Nash dickrider I've ever heard) said ONE good at the end of the game : Odom is a very good player but Kobe and him haven't done nothing together

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Naw.. get a good point guard and trade Lamar-Bynum for Jermaine Oneal (the star we apparently have the more chances to acquire).. I've already seen comments "Bynum is the future" coming but I don't give a fuck being a contender in 2015.. and for Lamar, John Barry (who has been horrible through the game,  the BEST Nash dickrider I've ever heard) said ONE good at the end of the game : Odom is a very good player but Kobe and him haven't done nothing together
Damn. I might trade Bynum or Lamar, but definatly not both of them. And O'Neal can opt out of his contract in the offseason, so trading him wouldn't even me necceassary. Anyways, Rik said we can't talk about the offseason yet.

teecee

Good win for LA, Phoenix so out of it, and Marion was playing like an idiot. Kobe took it to another level, now his teammates need to get a little more confident. Kwame played better than maybe ever. Sunday is gonna be nuts!

Yeah Phoenix seems like they forget how to play sometimes with a big lead. They lack killer instinct at times. But give all the credit to that Laker D and Kwame and Lamar stepping up HUGE. Can't wait for Game 4.

I'm def a bigger fan of Phoenix's style of play, but props due to LA's defense as well as Kobe going nuts in the 4th. I think Phoenix has that mindset that they can go on a big run at anytime of the game. The team was just not themselves last night, but mostly due to the Lakers play. When Nash is turning  the ball over like he was, the opposition has gotta be doing something right.

You're a fan of regular season success? Cuz Phoenix will NEVER be a playoff team with their fundamentally offending system. It may be fun for the casual fan, but the ones who know the game understand what I'm saying...PeACe

Nik, the "ones who know the game understand" that Kobe can't win by himself and that the Lakers never truly stood a chance in this series.  Kobe is an amazing player, one of the best ever, but you can't watch Nash and tell me he isn't better than Kobe right now.  When the Suns win the title this year, promise us all you will shut the fuck up, or better yet leave this site..........DEAL???

wcsoldier

^^^^ to get a high quality player, we'll probably to give it up both.. anyway it's all speculation but I don't see the Buss family trading Bynum.. some of Lakers fan may be pleased with the organization but I'm not AT ALL..

wcsoldier

Good win for LA, Phoenix so out of it, and Marion was playing like an idiot. Kobe took it to another level, now his teammates need to get a little more confident. Kwame played better than maybe ever. Sunday is gonna be nuts!

Yeah Phoenix seems like they forget how to play sometimes with a big lead. They lack killer instinct at times. But give all the credit to that Laker D and Kwame and Lamar stepping up HUGE. Can't wait for Game 4.

I'm def a bigger fan of Phoenix's style of play, but props due to LA's defense as well as Kobe going nuts in the 4th. I think Phoenix has that mindset that they can go on a big run at anytime of the game. The team was just not themselves last night, but mostly due to the Lakers play. When Nash is turning  the ball over like he was, the opposition has gotta be doing something right.

You're a fan of regular season success? Cuz Phoenix will NEVER be a playoff team with their fundamentally offending system. It may be fun for the casual fan, but the ones who know the game understand what I'm saying...PeACe

Nik, the "ones who know the game understand" that Kobe can't win by himself and that the Lakers never truly stood a chance in this series.  Kobe is an amazing player, one of the best ever, but you can't watch Nash and tell me he isn't better than Kobe right now.  When the Suns win the title this year, promise us all you will shut the fuck up, or better yet leave this site..........DEAL???
lol you just said 2 big non-senses.. how the fuck Nash is better than Kobe.. please explain me.. AND a big lol at the Suns winning a title.. people who have a lil knowledge of the game know Suns got no chance against SAS

GangstaBoogy

If the Lakers could somehow get Billups: no other team in the West would be able to breathe. I agree with WCSoldier - trade Bynum, Odom, and whoever it takes to get Kobe some real help. I said it at the start of the season, Kobe and Odom don't have much chemistry together (especially considering that he's supposed to be Kobe's Pippen). And as far as Bynum, Kobe's prime years shouldn't be waisted trying to develop a guy who looks like a lost little kid. Get me Gasol!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:17:43 AM by GangstaBoogy »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol @ nash bein better than Kobe..nash has a better supporting cast and the media on his dick...kobe has Odom.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^^ to get a high quality player, we'll probably to give it up both.. anyway it's all speculation but I don't see the Buss family trading Bynum.. some of Lakers fan may be pleased with the organization but I'm not AT ALL..

Good to hear you talked like this....Us Laker fans should never accept mediocrity...fuck being a "Playoff Team" (put together a championship team)....fuck being "good enough to hang with the good teams"  ....4 out of the last 7 playoff games we've being blown out....that's unaccepteble..we need to sorround kobe with talent

3 years a go, we could of had Baron Davis,,lakers didn't do the trade

last year, Ron Artest...lakers didn't do it...

this season.....jason kidd....ddidn't do it...

I like bynum for dunking on shaq but if we could get a superstar for him then trade him..(along with lamar)

i like walton,,,but he's not good on defense...get G.Wallace from the bob cats....

And listening to Jim/Jerry Buss, Mitch.......it sounds like they are going to use the injury excuse to not make moves this summer...

Vlad, bynum, Farmar, Turiaf, have to be great next season or it's going to be a nother 45 win season..

I watched the game again & Gawdamn,these guys don't talk to each other on defense they looked lost..they're to slow....PLEASE MAKE MOVES TO IMPROVE THE TEAM,,JIM, JERRY, MITCH  :'( ...we need speed/athletic dudes to defend...kurt rambis said a couple months a go that almost everyone on this team wants to make an impact on offense not defense
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:09:34 AM by ING »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Why the hell would you want to get rid of Walton? He's a stand out player. Vlad Rad is the one that needs to go. One PG is all this team needs.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Luke is better coming off then bench, but i don't know if he would like that.....do you really think he could guard ..maggette, Carmelo, ron artest...keep up with the suns, ect ect?....Lakers need to get faster/ more athletic...improve the defense..

wcsoldier

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Walton? He's a stand out player. Vlad Rad is the one that needs to go. One PG is all this team needs.
One PG is ALL we need ? I disagree on that, regarding the fact we'll not acquire a top 5 PG... there is no consistent down low on this team.. are you aware our game is 95% on the perimeter? jacking up 3s .. we even shot more 3s than the Suns yesterday ..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

We can still do it, Laker fans!

I know it's hard to believe, but like Phil said, there's a chance...Now NO ONE is expecting shit...We can play loose and not have to worry about this and that, which is a mental blessing for a team like the Lakers. 3 in a row, muthafuckaz... The ultimate revenge, payback, and retribution!