Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 7852 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I was gonna reply to NIK myself, but you guys pointed out everything i would've said. 

And NIK:  I never said Jordan did it all by himself, i said him and Kobe are really the only players i have seen who can really do it all themself.

However, NIK i find it odd that you have such a problem with how the Suns play, yet you think Kobe jacking up 30-40 shots is great basketball???  The Suns may not win a title with their style, but neither will a team with Kobe as the main option.............the fact that you predicted the Lakers to win is ridiculous.  The Lakers have basically the same team as last year, except the young guys have more experience, and somehow are worse!!!  Phoenix, on the other hand, has a much improved Barbosa, and Stoudemire, an actual interior presence.  People that like the SUns style of play are not all brainwashed, quite the contrary.  You talk about the team who jacks up the most shots will win some games, but the Suns don't just jack up shots, they lead the  league in every single shooting category, and play UNSELFISH basketball.  That's where you and i differ.  I would rather watch unselfish, team basketball, you would rather watch your boy mancrush do it all himself.......

Then you really don't know shit about the triangle offense...When the Lakers win, they usually win as a team. The problem is, our players don't step up every night, so they don't really fully execute the offense night in and night out, which causes Kobe to resort to the last option-  jacking up shots, tryna bring them back in it. But if you've actually watched the Lakers when they win, you'd understand and appreciate the offense to the fullest. Phil Jackson's playbook >>>>>>>>>> D'Antoni's playbook...I admit Phoenix are great...at regular season success...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

Good win for LA, Phoenix so out of it, and Marion was playing like an idiot. Kobe took it to another level, now his teammates need to get a little more confident. Kwame played better than maybe ever. Sunday is gonna be nuts!

Yeah Phoenix seems like they forget how to play sometimes with a big lead. They lack killer instinct at times. But give all the credit to that Laker D and Kwame and Lamar stepping up HUGE. Can't wait for Game 4.

I'm def a bigger fan of Phoenix's style of play, but props due to LA's defense as well as Kobe going nuts in the 4th. I think Phoenix has that mindset that they can go on a big run at anytime of the game. The team was just not themselves last night, but mostly due to the Lakers play. When Nash is turning  the ball over like he was, the opposition has gotta be doing something right.

You're a fan of regular season success? Cuz Phoenix will NEVER be a playoff team with their fundamentally offending system. It may be fun for the casual fan, but the ones who know the game understand what I'm saying...PeACe

Nik, the "ones who know the game understand" that Kobe can't win by himself and that the Lakers never truly stood a chance in this series.  Kobe is an amazing player, one of the best ever, but you can't watch Nash and tell me he isn't better than Kobe right now.  When the Suns win the title this year, promise us all you will shut the fuck up, or better yet leave this site..........DEAL???

If the Suns win the title, I will shoot myself in the head and/or never watch basketball again.

LMAO@"you can't tell me Nash isn't better than Kobe right now". Nash isn't even the best on his team... ::)

Do you honestly hate the way the Suns play bball??? Personally, i am not a die hard fan of the Suns, but enjoy watching unselfish basketball and fastbreak bball.  Seriously, who is better than Nash on his own team?  Stoudemire is athletically gifted but a lot of his baskets are just so damn easy because of Nash' passing.  And honestly, i know Kobe is the better player than Nash, but i a said RIGHT NOW, and that would be hard to argue tat Kobe has been better than Nash in this series. 

Really, these dudes are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT players. If you look at it, the Lakers would be HORRIBLE if they traded Kobe for Nash, but the Suns would be nowhere near as good with Kobe instead of Nash.  Nash can't do it on his own like Kobe (who else can besides Jordan in his prime), but Kobe wouldn't use a supporting cast if he had one like in Phoenix.  The only team that can stop the Suns is S.A., and who really wants them to win? 

Nash has the media on his dick to the point that it is pathetic, but what is also pathetic is other people who refuse to acknowledge how amazing he is as a player.  Bottom line is he is smarter than everyone out on the court every game, never panics, and makes people better.  Who does Kobe make better?  Who really wants to play with Kobe???

I HATE the way Phoenix plays basketball. It's a disgrace to the game. They rely on offense, and that's why they will ALWAYS be a post-season failure. But the thing that gets me the most is that there are teams out there tryna duplicate this style, which could really harm the game as we know it. This is why I say the Suns are terrible for the sport. It may be fun to watch for the casual fan, but that is NOT real basketball. *RUN, RUN, RUN, pass, jack up shot, run back on "defense", flop, hope for a charge, repeat till game over*.... That's not real basketball...Streetball? Okay, but don't try telling me this is how the game is played by professionals. The Suns have a lot of shooters, so jacking up countless shots WILL win them regular season games, but when it comes down to the playoffs, where every possession is magnified, any REAL team united is capable of destroying their "game plans"...People give Nash too much credit for Phoenix's offense. Put ANY top point guard in place of him (Jason Kidd for example), and Phoenix will have the same success, if not greater...

and LMAO@"who wants to play with Kobe". That's funnier than you claiming Jordan did it on his own... :-X

Bullshit, that's Nash's offense, no other guard could run it with the same results. He was successful in Dallas too with that style, even though they didn't win a championship. As for that style of play winning a championship, that has yet to be seen. They have a good chance this year, but San Antonio is a good defensive team, if they hold Phoenix under 100 they will win almost everytime.

You don't think Kidd could run Phoenix's offense? You know why? Because you've been brainwashed by the media...Steve Nash played a completely different offense in Dallas. He was NEVER a "first option" (let alone an MVP caliber player) until he was traded to Phoenix. I refuse to believe Nash magically improved his status from borderline all-star to back-2-back MVP within one off-season, WHILE IN HIS 30'S.... if you put any point guard with a basketball mind in Phoenix's offense, they'd be able to run it. ...I think if Nash and Kidd were traded, NJ wouldn't make the playoffs, and Phoenix would be a contender...PeACe

You come up with some interseting conclusions for having never met me. I may not obsess and lose sleep over basket ball like you do, but I'm certainly not brainwashed by the media. Kidd couldn't run that offense because he is not a big of a scoring threat as Nash is. Nash is still not a 1st option on Phoenix either, he just structures the offense, same as he did in Dallas only with different players ( of course the offense will be different, I think you just said that to say it ) the only reason your having trouble with the fact that Phoenix is a sick team and Nash is an MVP candidate is because you have hate in your blood.

And Nash would have NJ in the playoffs easily, if Carter & Jefferson were too stay. Of course Phoenix would be a good team without Nash, but he is what makes them a contender.

Phoenix is not contending in the playoffs...Lakers are playing shitty and it coulda been 2-2 right now if we woulda' closed out Game 1. Kidd can score, in fact, before Nash met Phoenix's offense, Kidd was a better scorer than Nash his whole career...What does this have to do with "hate in my blood"? MANY people know how overrated Nash is, especially considering he only plays 50% of the game... We will see who was wrong when the Suns fail to reach the finals ONCE AGAIN.

They are a contender, at least they made it past the 2nd round, which is more than u can say for your team. Lakers are playing shitty?, that's how they play. Kidd may have had more points than Nash before Nash came to Phoenix because 1) he was a star player 2) Nash didn't play the minutes Kidd did 3) Kidd has been playing longer than Nash so of course he will have more points. If Nash isn't a good scorer, why can't the Lakers stop him? Know what, don't even answer because your never gonna be right about this.

I never said Phoenxi will reach the finals, but they will contend, they are now. Your just butthurt that they beat the Lakers imo. And some advice for ya little guy, maybe you should stop making guarentees about basketball, because you are wrong damn near everytime. I think your squad lost because you predicted they will win.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Phoenix, on the other hand, has a much improved Barbosa, and Stoudemire, an actual interior presence.  People that like the SUns style of play are not all brainwashed, quite the contrary.  You talk about the team who jacks up the most shots will win some games, but the Suns don't just jack up shots, they lead the  league in every single shooting category, and play UNSELFISH basketball.  That's where you and i differ.  I would rather watch unselfish, team basketball, you would rather watch your boy mancrush do it all himself.......

We have a different taste. The Suns offense imho is not so great like you guys are trying to make it. They are just a team who shoots better than everybody from 3pts and who make a lot of open jumpers with centers too. Very european, nothing special. I don't like team who shoots so much from the outside, they run a lazy offense in my opinion. It's really not that difficult to be Steve Nash in that team: you just run and when you surpass the half court you have at least 4 guys on the perimeter who are ready to receive the ball and to shoot from 3pts. If they aren't, you hesitate a little bit, you loose 2-3 secs, you try a penetration and you find at least 2 guys ready to shoot a jumper. They don't play the type of basketball i love. The inside-out, the type of basketball the Lakers used to play with Shaq, or the Spurs are playing with Duncan. Great defense + inside-out: that's the basketball i love. And that's why the Spurs are the best team in the NBA right now imho. Winter's triangle is also great, but it's harder to be executed. If they execute it well, those Lakers can beat anybody in the League, so you gotta respect Phil's playbook. It's just that the Lakers aren't good enought to win the NBA, that's it. Too young.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:48:39 AM by Antonio »

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Suns have won almost 20 more games than the Lakers. Kinda makes you wonder how people think the Lakers are a better team...

I'm not saying the Lakers are terrible, but honestly, there must be a reason why their records are the way they are. Especially seeing as they are in the same division.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Suns have won almost 20 more games than the Lakers. Kinda makes you wonder how people think the Lakers are a better team...

I'm not saying the Lakers are terrible, but honestly, there must be a reason why their records are the way they are. Especially seeing as they are in the same division.

Just like there must be a reason why Nash & Dirk have no rings.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

It's do or die muthafuckaz!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Good win for LA, Phoenix so out of it, and Marion was playing like an idiot. Kobe took it to another level, now his teammates need to get a little more confident. Kwame played better than maybe ever. Sunday is gonna be nuts!

Yeah Phoenix seems like they forget how to play sometimes with a big lead. They lack killer instinct at times. But give all the credit to that Laker D and Kwame and Lamar stepping up HUGE. Can't wait for Game 4.

I'm def a bigger fan of Phoenix's style of play, but props due to LA's defense as well as Kobe going nuts in the 4th. I think Phoenix has that mindset that they can go on a big run at anytime of the game. The team was just not themselves last night, but mostly due to the Lakers play. When Nash is turning  the ball over like he was, the opposition has gotta be doing something right.

You're a fan of regular season success? Cuz Phoenix will NEVER be a playoff team with their fundamentally offending system. It may be fun for the casual fan, but the ones who know the game understand what I'm saying...PeACe

Nik, the "ones who know the game understand" that Kobe can't win by himself and that the Lakers never truly stood a chance in this series.  Kobe is an amazing player, one of the best ever, but you can't watch Nash and tell me he isn't better than Kobe right now.  When the Suns win the title this year, promise us all you will shut the fuck up, or better yet leave this site..........DEAL???

If the Suns win the title, I will shoot myself in the head and/or never watch basketball again.

LMAO@"you can't tell me Nash isn't better than Kobe right now". Nash isn't even the best on his team... ::)

Do you honestly hate the way the Suns play bball??? Personally, i am not a die hard fan of the Suns, but enjoy watching unselfish basketball and fastbreak bball.  Seriously, who is better than Nash on his own team?  Stoudemire is athletically gifted but a lot of his baskets are just so damn easy because of Nash' passing.  And honestly, i know Kobe is the better player than Nash, but i a said RIGHT NOW, and that would be hard to argue tat Kobe has been better than Nash in this series. 

Really, these dudes are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT players. If you look at it, the Lakers would be HORRIBLE if they traded Kobe for Nash, but the Suns would be nowhere near as good with Kobe instead of Nash.  Nash can't do it on his own like Kobe (who else can besides Jordan in his prime), but Kobe wouldn't use a supporting cast if he had one like in Phoenix.  The only team that can stop the Suns is S.A., and who really wants them to win? 

Nash has the media on his dick to the point that it is pathetic, but what is also pathetic is other people who refuse to acknowledge how amazing he is as a player.  Bottom line is he is smarter than everyone out on the court every game, never panics, and makes people better.  Who does Kobe make better?  Who really wants to play with Kobe???

I HATE the way Phoenix plays basketball. It's a disgrace to the game. They rely on offense, and that's why they will ALWAYS be a post-season failure. But the thing that gets me the most is that there are teams out there tryna duplicate this style, which could really harm the game as we know it. This is why I say the Suns are terrible for the sport. It may be fun to watch for the casual fan, but that is NOT real basketball. *RUN, RUN, RUN, pass, jack up shot, run back on "defense", flop, hope for a charge, repeat till game over*.... That's not real basketball...Streetball? Okay, but don't try telling me this is how the game is played by professionals. The Suns have a lot of shooters, so jacking up countless shots WILL win them regular season games, but when it comes down to the playoffs, where every possession is magnified, any REAL team united is capable of destroying their "game plans"...People give Nash too much credit for Phoenix's offense. Put ANY top point guard in place of him (Jason Kidd for example), and Phoenix will have the same success, if not greater...

and LMAO@"who wants to play with Kobe". That's funnier than you claiming Jordan did it on his own... :-X

Bullshit, that's Nash's offense, no other guard could run it with the same results. He was successful in Dallas too with that style, even though they didn't win a championship. As for that style of play winning a championship, that has yet to be seen. They have a good chance this year, but San Antonio is a good defensive team, if they hold Phoenix under 100 they will win almost everytime.

You don't think Kidd could run Phoenix's offense? You know why? Because you've been brainwashed by the media...Steve Nash played a completely different offense in Dallas. He was NEVER a "first option" (let alone an MVP caliber player) until he was traded to Phoenix. I refuse to believe Nash magically improved his status from borderline all-star to back-2-back MVP within one off-season, WHILE IN HIS 30'S.... if you put any point guard with a basketball mind in Phoenix's offense, they'd be able to run it. ...I think if Nash and Kidd were traded, NJ wouldn't make the playoffs, and Phoenix would be a contender...PeACe

You come up with some interseting conclusions for having never met me. I may not obsess and lose sleep over basket ball like you do, but I'm certainly not brainwashed by the media. Kidd couldn't run that offense because he is not a big of a scoring threat as Nash is. Nash is still not a 1st option on Phoenix either, he just structures the offense, same as he did in Dallas only with different players ( of course the offense will be different, I think you just said that to say it ) the only reason your having trouble with the fact that Phoenix is a sick team and Nash is an MVP candidate is because you have hate in your blood.

And Nash would have NJ in the playoffs easily, if Carter & Jefferson were too stay. Of course Phoenix would be a good team without Nash, but he is what makes them a contender.

Phoenix is not contending in the playoffs...Lakers are playing shitty and it coulda been 2-2 right now if we woulda' closed out Game 1. Kidd can score, in fact, before Nash met Phoenix's offense, Kidd was a better scorer than Nash his whole career...What does this have to do with "hate in my blood"? MANY people know how overrated Nash is, especially considering he only plays 50% of the game... We will see who was wrong when the Suns fail to reach the finals ONCE AGAIN.

They are a contender, at least they made it past the 2nd round, which is more than u can say for your team. Lakers are playing shitty?, that's how they play. Kidd may have had more points than Nash before Nash came to Phoenix because 1) he was a star player 2) Nash didn't play the minutes Kidd did 3) Kidd has been playing longer than Nash so of course he will have more points. If Nash isn't a good scorer, why can't the Lakers stop him? Know what, don't even answer because your never gonna be right about this.

I never said Phoenxi will reach the finals, but they will contend, they are now. Your just butthurt that they beat the Lakers imo. And some advice for ya little guy, maybe you should stop making guarentees about basketball, because you are wrong damn near everytime. I think your squad lost because you predicted they will win.

It's not my fault you have trouble comprehending what I'm saying. Where did I say Nash isn't a good scorer? Nash is an EXCELLENT offensive weapon. He just sucks on the other end of the court, which balances him out and stops him from being a GREAT player overall. As for my guarantees, I've been pretty damn accurate for the most part with my predictions on this board. And the Lakers series isn't over, so stop saying dumb shit. LOL@"I think your squad lost because you thought they'd win" :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:55:07 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Phoenix, on the other hand, has a much improved Barbosa, and Stoudemire, an actual interior presence.  People that like the SUns style of play are not all brainwashed, quite the contrary.  You talk about the team who jacks up the most shots will win some games, but the Suns don't just jack up shots, they lead the  league in every single shooting category, and play UNSELFISH basketball.  That's where you and i differ.  I would rather watch unselfish, team basketball, you would rather watch your boy mancrush do it all himself.......

We have a different taste. The Suns offense imho is not so great like you guys are trying to make it. They are just a team who shoots better than everybody from 3pts and who make a lot of open jumpers with centers too. Very european, nothing special. I don't like team who shoots so much from the outside, they run a lazy offense in my opinion. It's really not that difficult to be Steve Nash in that team: you just run and when you surpass the half court you have at least 4 guys on the perimeter who are ready to receive the ball and to shoot from 3pts. If they aren't, you hesitate a little bit, you loose 2-3 secs, you try a penetration and you find at least 2 guys ready to shoot a jumper. They don't play the type of basketball i love. The inside-out, the type of basketball the Lakers used to play with Shaq, or the Spurs are playing with Duncan. Great defense + inside-out: that's the basketball i love. And that's why the Spurs are the best team in the NBA right now imho. Winter's triangle is also great, but it's harder to be executed. If they execute it well, those Lakers can beat anybody in the League, so you gotta respect Phil's playbook. It's just that the Lakers aren't good enought to win the NBA, that's it. Too young.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

It's the same reason why we had 47 wins last year and 42 this year, despite having an unquestionably superior tam.

floatin_above_everything

It's not my fault you have trouble comprehending what I'm saying. Where did I say Nash isn't a good scorer? Nash is an EXCELLENT offensive weapon. He just sucks on the other end of the court, which balances him out and stops him from being a GREAT player overall. As for my guarantees, I've been pretty damn accurate for the most part with my predictions on this board. And the Lakers series isn't over, so stop saying dumb shit. LOL@"I think you're squad lost because you thought they'd win" :laugh:

LOL at Nash not being a great player, you just don't get it and you never will. Nash isn't a great defender, but he's not terrible either. Of course many guards give him problems bus he is the best point guard in the league. I wouldn't give 2 fucks about another point guard getting past me when Amare or Marion is there to clean up. And all your predictions have gone wrong, my little friend, your a bad luck charm playa, the series is over.

wcsoldier

Bring back that series to LA .. I hope we gonna fight hard and play with energy on the defensive end0.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Nik, the "ones who know the game understand" that Kobe can't win by himself and that the Lakers never truly stood a chance in this series.  Kobe is an amazing player, one of the best ever, but you can't watch Nash and tell me he isn't better than Kobe right now.  When the Suns win the title this year, promise us all you will shut the fuck up, or better yet leave this site..........DEAL???

It's not my fault you have trouble comprehending what I'm saying. Where did I say Nash isn't a good scorer? Nash is an EXCELLENT offensive weapon. He just sucks on the other end of the court, which balances him out and stops him from being a GREAT player overall. As for my guarantees, I've been pretty damn accurate for the most part with my predictions on this board. And the Lakers series isn't over, so stop saying dumb shit. LOL@"I think you're squad lost because you thought they'd win" :laugh:

LOL at Nash not being a great player, you just don't get it and you never will. Nash isn't a great defender, but he's not terrible either. Of course many guards give him problems bus he is the best point guard in the league. I wouldn't give 2 fucks about another point guard getting past me when Amare or Marion is there to clean up. And all your predictions have gone wrong, my little friend, your a bad luck charm playa, the series is over.

You guys are really killing me with this Nash dickriding shit. He's pretty good, but he's not a superhero!! He averaged 11.6 assists per game this season?

Uh?

Is it that incredible for you to cum in your pants?

Please!!

Magic Johnson (to put them in the same sentence is a blasphemy: sorry Magic) averaged 11.5 fucking assists per game in his whole CAREER. He made more assists per game than Nash did this year in 7 fucking seasons. SEVEN. You read it?

Not to mention the 20 points per game and 7.2 rebounds per game averaged in the CAREER to go with the 11.5 assists. And the fact he led the NBA in steals for two seasons, and he's a 4x NBA Finals MVP, etc...

MAGIC JOHNSON = amazing player, a monster, unreal, Magic, hero, BEST EVER.

STEVE NASH = good offensive player.

Get it.

teecee

I was gonna reply to NIK myself, but you guys pointed out everything i would've said. 

And NIK:  I never said Jordan did it all by himself, i said him and Kobe are really the only players i have seen who can really do it all themself.

However, NIK i find it odd that you have such a problem with how the Suns play, yet you think Kobe jacking up 30-40 shots is great basketball???  The Suns may not win a title with their style, but neither will a team with Kobe as the main option.............the fact that you predicted the Lakers to win is ridiculous.  The Lakers have basically the same team as last year, except the young guys have more experience, and somehow are worse!!!  Phoenix, on the other hand, has a much improved Barbosa, and Stoudemire, an actual interior presence.  People that like the SUns style of play are not all brainwashed, quite the contrary.  You talk about the team who jacks up the most shots will win some games, but the Suns don't just jack up shots, they lead the  league in every single shooting category, and play UNSELFISH basketball.  That's where you and i differ.  I would rather watch unselfish, team basketball, you would rather watch your boy mancrush do it all himself.......

Then you really don't know shit about the triangle offense...When the Lakers win, they usually win as a team. The problem is, our players don't step up every night, so they don't really fully execute the offense night in and night out, which causes Kobe to resort to the last option-  jacking up shots, tryna bring them back in it. But if you've actually watched the Lakers when they win, you'd understand and appreciate the offense to the fullest. Phil Jackson's playbook >>>>>>>>>> D'Antoni's playbook...I admit Phoenix are great...at regular season success...PeACe

To say i don't know shit about the Triangle Offense is funny man.........i was a MASSIVE Bulls fan back in the day.  I actually find the fact that the Lakers call what they run now a Triangle Offense to be dispicable.  When the Lakers win it is the KB24 show.....and i really don't blame Kobe to be honest, he does not have a lot of support, his team sucks besides Lamar and maybe Walton sometime. 

teecee

How the fuck is a team that RUNS the floor better than any team since the showtime Lakers LAZY on offense?

teecee

Nik, the "ones who know the game understand" that Kobe can't win by himself and that the Lakers never truly stood a chance in this series.  Kobe is an amazing player, one of the best ever, but you can't watch Nash and tell me he isn't better than Kobe right now.  When the Suns win the title this year, promise us all you will shut the fuck up, or better yet leave this site..........DEAL???

You guys are really killing me with this Nash dickriding shit. He's pretty good, but he's not a superhero!! He averaged 11.6 assists per game this season?

Uh?

Is it that incredible for you to cum in your pants?

Please!!

Magic Johnson (to put them in the same sentence is a blasphemy: sorry Magic) averaged 11.5 fucking assists per game in his whole CAREER. He made more assists per game than Nash did this year in 7 fucking seasons. SEVEN. You read it?

Not to mention the 20 points per game and 7.2 rebounds per game averaged in the CAREER to go with the 11.5 assists. And the fact he led the NBA in steals for two seasons, and he's a 4x NBA Finals MVP, etc...

MAGIC JOHNSON = amazing player, a monster, unreal, Magic, hero, BEST EVER.

STEVE NASH = good offensive player.

Get it.

As for myself, i never said Nash was one of the greatest players of all time.  I said RIGHT NOW he is the best player..........Kobe is second.  Overall, of course Kobe or Magic, etc are better than Nash.  Nash was completely unheralded coming out of College and nowhere near the player he is now.  He never peaked until like 28 (Kobe is only 29 right now!  Unbelievable!!!!)  but Nash's play over the past three years is one of the best three year runs of any player in the history of the game.  The best thing for Kobe is players get smarter as they mature, meaning i still think Kobe's best play is in front of him.