Author Topic: Kurupt Interview Speaking About "Against The Grain EP" & The Fans On The Forums  (Read 2656 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

For people asking if Suge is behind this, Kurupt was saying that the only way for these people to get these songs is if Suge is beind it.. Kurupt said he knows how Suge works, and he NEVER lets artists get their songs.. After the first Chronic got leaked should didn't even let the artists keep their songs.. And for these songs to come out now, Suge is behind it.

Northwest Ryda

• 'G'
its sad to see suge is still pullin this shit man.... hes fuckin ruthless... i guess anything to make money.... but he wont make much off of this and kurupt will proly file some lawsuits... i can see why kurupt is heated... but this board is where the fans go to express their feelings and like it has been said before... i just wanna hear some shit from kurupt that i aint never hearrd before.... that doesnt mean i don't like the fact the homeis is back together.... i love that shit man that was the best reunion in hip hop... and it made people feel good.... kurupt needs to know his fans are all about the music... and us being forum members... well i know i have an obsession with unreleased and unheard material from an array of artists... and if we can get our hands on it we will.... THERES NO WAY I AM BUYING THIS EP... but i hope i can get my hands on some of these tracks thru this board.... i love dpg and i'm glad they r bangin out these records and doing ther tahng back together... dont get it twisted

Al Bundy

Suge is not behind this. I don't know if he's the same dude that I know but if he is then he got the tracks from engineers

second of all, have you seen the website? it has no deathrow logos and you know how much suge loves putting that shit on CDs

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Suge is not behind this. I don't know if he's the same dude that I know but if he is then he got the tracks from engineers

second of all, have you seen the website? it has no deathrow logos and you know how much suge loves putting that shit on CDs

That's what I told him too but he was like "If these songs are getting out there, Suge in some way authorized it, I've worked with Suge for many years, I know his M.O., he's SUPER careful with his shit."

GangstaBoogy

Kurupt sounds like a lil bitch. I didn't hear him complaining about us supporting negativity when we were all excited over "Callin Out Names".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Al Bundy

That's what I told him too but he was like "If these songs are getting out there, Suge in some way authorized it, I've worked with Suge for many years, I know his M.O., he's SUPER careful with his shit."

This is very iffy because the person I was talking about has leaked alot of Deathrow material and I don't think Suge ever authorized it.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
didnt against the grain already come out like 2 years ago? when throw bacc music came out?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Al Bundy

didnt against the grain already come out like 2 years ago? when throw bacc music came out?

these are the tracks that did not end up on the release.

and I've spoken with my sources. SUGE IS NOT involved.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dear Ricky,

I need to point out a couple of things so please bare with me:

-You shouldn't shit on your fans in any way whatsoever, makes you look very unprofessional. Fans are always gonna be bickering about how they don't like this or that and so on and so on, you should have known this by now considering your career is like 15 years deep. Just because they critize you about certain things doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you anymore or won't support you.
-You should also understand that any real Kurupt/westcoast hip hop fan simply wants to get a hold of ANY Kurupt material out there, official or unofficial, so you can't knock anyone for anticipating/wanting this unreleased material from the Against The Grain album. Why are you getting so upset about this? We all know you and Snoop, Daz and whoever you didn't get along with from late 2001 till early spring 2005 are all friends again. People know these songs are old and from another era so it's not like this is gonna start another beef or something. Yes everything is positive with Tha Pound now and this little release isn't going to change that so relax. Besides has it ever occurred to you that there are fans such as myself who collect everything D.R. related, I'm getting this because it's from your second D.R. era NOT because it has old disses towards Calvin, Delmaur, Priest or whoever in it.
-You're talking about REAL Kurupt fans should not support that ATG EP so what is a real fan to you? When you got back with Simon I still listened and supported Snoop, Daz and all of them, I bought their records on CD and vinyl, I bought Daz's shitty DVDs hell I even bought Tha Row Killa DVD! At that time you probably would have thought I wasn't a real (Kurupt/D.R.) fan by supporting your enemies you probably would have said 'fuck all y'all'. I was REALLY dissapointed in your decision of leaving D.R. 2 years ago but that didn't stop me from still listening to your new stuff. Snoop and Daz have always been (and still are) on some 'fuck Suge and Death Row' shit but that never didn't stop me from getting their stuff (and it still won't). Now you're about to walk the same path (you said 'fuck Suge' didn't you?) and basically dissing those fans who are gonna get that EP and that also still won't stop me from checking out your upcoming stuff so what's a real fan to you then...

Oh and by going public on the internet with your opinion on that ATG EP you have just boosted its potential sales, something you obviously don't want to happen. Out of all people YOU were the one who should have stayed quiet, now everybody sees you're all upset about the lyrical content so that makes it even more controversial.
Just let this go and let the fans enjoy some of your previous work, hell maybe you, Snoop and Daz can smoke some shit and kick back while listening to that EP when it comes out, have some fun and just laught it off.

Now I will be anticipating that EP as well as some new official 2007 Kurupt stuff. And if you don't like that... well... More power to you.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

dclee

hmm, so with the bankruptcy of DR who would even own the actual rights to the songs anyway? at first i thought the people puttin out the unreleased kurupt and petey pablo shit had actually bought the rights to the songs from DR but i guess that's not the case. i wonder how far a lawsuit against them would go then. hmm.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
where can u get it?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kurupt sounds like a lil bitch. I didn't hear him complaining about us supporting negativity when we were all excited over "Callin Out Names".

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As far as I'm concerned, I'm still checking for Kurupt, but this bullshit he is spitting is retarded and he should learn some PR skills. I wasn't gonna pay for any of these DR bootlegs anyways. Kurupt shouldn't have re-signed with DR if he didn't want to worry about all this controversy. That's like telling his fans not to buy Streetz because he and DMX squashed the beef. Fuck that.

KURUPTION-81

. I ain't on that "ohh shit i can't wait to hear kurupt dissin tha pound agian" NAH! FUCK THAT!. I can't wait to hear SOME NEW KURUPT MUSIC (even if it WAS recorded a while ago). I'ma bump every muthafuckin Kurupt shit I can, no matter what. Im'a at least give that shit a chance man!!

I AINT into the dissing, but i'm into some kurupt music PERIOD

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
kurupt was pissed.... im not supportin this shit... i wanna hear some new kurupt muzik