Author Topic: question for NEW YORKERS  (Read 492 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: question for NEW YORKERS
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 12:02:52 PM »
Tom, I know it's madd expensive in NY, so how much do projects apts. go for?

:cow:

Project apts.? I'm thinkin in the range of $800-$900 a month, depending on what borough.

Oh, not that bad than. Propz man. 8) You that nigga.

Damn, props to you if you can afford that. In Jersey, I'm paying $950 for an apartment in a "nice" area. Paying that much to live in the pj's I dunno. But the experience of living in NYC is like nothing else.

Holy shit!! That's madd money. I thought NY was the most costly state, but I guess NJ is? We payin' about 700. Almost 1,000 for an apt. is crazy. :o

Well having a roomate who cooks helps out alot. I'm trying to move out of the tri-state myself, thinkin bout going South. Slow paced down there, would fit my lifestyle perfectly. Wages are lower, but home ownership and overall cost of living would be so much better. Then again, it's hard to leave the East!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »

Project apts.? I'm thinkin in the range of $800-$900 a month, depending on what borough.

Damn, props to you if you can afford that. In Jersey, I'm paying $950 for an apartment in a "nice" area. Paying that much to live in the pj's I dunno. But the experience of living in NYC is like nothing else.

Holy shit!! That's madd money. I thought NY was the most costly state, but I guess NJ is? We payin' about 700. Almost 1,000 for an apt. is crazy. :o

Well having a roomate who cooks helps out alot. I'm trying to move out of the tri-state myself, thinkin bout going South. Slow paced down there, would fit my lifestyle perfectly. Wages are lower, but home ownership and overall cost of living would be so much better. Then again, it's hard to leave the East!

I hear you. I don't even want to move out my city, let alone moving out of state, let alone moving outta the East.

Where you thinkin' in the south?

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »

I hear you. I don't even want to move out my city, let alone moving out of state, let alone moving outta the East.

Virginia, North Carolina, not too deep in the South. Got family in Norfolk so that would be the most logical. It would be easier to get a house out there instead of struggling to pay apt. rent here.

The thing is, I wanna be able to makes moves out here still, just would rather live somewhere a little slower paced. I need to go somewhere where I'd have a better chance of staying out of trouble too, cause shit ain't working out to well for me in this kind of area.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 12:20:54 PM »
dude get a roommate if u are not financially secure to be making 1000$ a month payments. A dude working at burger king can afford 500$ a month.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »

Virginia, North Carolina, not too deep in the South. Got family in Norfolk so that would be the most logical. It would be easier to get a house out there instead of struggling to pay apt. rent here.

The thing is, I wanna be able to makes moves out here still, just would rather live somewhere a little slower paced. I need to go somewhere where I'd have a better chance of staying out of trouble too, cause shit ain't working out to well for me in this kind of area.

Them places ain't bad, I suppose, LOL, I was thinkin' you wanted to go out to Georgia, Arkansas, or Alabama. But I got you now. I hear what you sayin' though nigga.

I couldn't see leaving this Eastern part. :D. Good luck to you tryin' to get down there man.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 12:25:47 PM »
dude get a roommate if u are not financially secure to be making 1000$ a month payments. A dude working at burger king can afford 500$ a month.

I do, and she cooks as well so that helps a hell of a lot. There are places in South Jersey where you can find an apt. for about $500-$600, but that'll be in the worst part of the pj's.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 12:26:58 PM »

Them places ain't bad, I suppose, LOL, I was thinkin' you wanted to go out to Georgia, Arkansas, or Alabama. But I got you now. I hear what you sayin' though nigga.

I couldn't see leaving this Eastern part. :D. Good luck to you tryin' to get down there man.

No doubt homie. And just know, no matter where I go, I'm always gonna rep the Eastcoast to the fuckin fullest 8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 12:29:17 PM »
8)

I do, and she cooks as well so that helps a hell of a lot. There are places in South Jersey where you can find an apt. for about $500-$600, but that'll be in the worst part of the pj's.

$500 :o. I'd take that shit.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 01:00:29 PM »
8)

When you really look at the situation, it's not that good. Upkeep is terrible, good luck even being able to find your landlord half the time. Plus the area is soooo shitty right now, you gotta be on your toes at all times to live out there.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
8)

When you really look at the situation, it's not that good. Upkeep is terrible, good luck even being able to find your landlord half the time. Plus the area is soooo shitty right now, you gotta be on your toes at all times to live out there.

I know them landlords don't give two shits about nuthin'. I see mines about once every 4 months, if that. Oh well I guess. Word?

But where you taking about? Shitttt.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 01:28:41 PM »
8)

I know them landlords don't give two shits about nuthin'. I see mines about once every 4 months, if that. Oh well I guess. Word?

Asbury Park, Lakewood, Camden, Trenton, etc. Some of the worst environments ever. Some people would be able to live out there, and props if you can make a living in an area like that, but if youre not from the area, I wouldnt even recommend visiting let alone living out there.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 01:31:25 PM »
8)

Asbury Park, Lakewood, Camden, Trenton, etc. Some of the worst environments ever. Some people would be able to live out there, and props if you can make a living in an area like that, but if youre not from the area, I wouldnt even recommend visiting let alone living out there.

LOL, I feel ya.

hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • rip bad news brown!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:41 PM »
going on vacation soon 8) may 9-24... flying out to Montreal, then driving down to NY, and down to Boston, and back up to Montreal again...
why you going on vacation in montreal? its cool but i would go where its warmer.. but theres a lot a fine girls in montreal! so its all good.. 8)

herpes

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »

Im not sure how much they go for, I'll ask my friend pablo, he lives in the beach 40 houses.  But moving into a project apartment isnt like a regular apartment.  You have to sign up for section 8 housing.  And you dont get to choose which houses you move into.  And there isnt any gurantee you get into it either, you have a thousands of people trying to get section 8 housing.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 03:37:49 PM »

Im not sure how much they go for, I'll ask my friend pablo, he lives in the beach 40 houses.  But moving into a project apartment isnt like a regular apartment.  You have to sign up for section 8 housing.  And you dont get to choose which houses you move into.  And there isnt any gurantee you get into it either, you have a thousands of people trying to get section 8 housing.

Yeah, the wait is ridiculous.