Author Topic: I'm saying it now  (Read 665 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: I'm saying it now
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 12:09:35 PM »
What makes you guys think that the Wolves even want Odom if he isn't pulling his weight in LA? The Wolves have enough good players that don't pull their weight.

The Wolves don't want to part with KG and get nothing. KG is not signing next year. Hell, most everyone in the Twin Cities, I live here now, says they want the Wolves to trade Garnett. And these are Wolves fans, who go to the games. They don't blame KG, they blame McHale. So don't be surprised when KG goes, and people here feel happy for him.

Trust me, I know. I have lived in the Twin Cities all of my life. I'm just saying, Ricky Davis, Mark Blount and Randy Foye are all good players, BUT they aren't consistant and they get down on themselves. That is why they lose. If Odom does the same thing, trading an outstanding player like KG for just a good player like Odom won't help the Wolves any. I mean, when it comes time to deal KG, the Wolves want to be able to get some people in return that will turn around the franchise, not keep it just like it is.

as a life long twin cities residence, don't you think McHale has one more screwing over the T-Wolves move in him?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 12:10:48 PM »
What makes you guys think that the Wolves even want Odom if he isn't pulling his weight in LA? The Wolves have enough good players that don't pull their weight.

The Wolves don't want to part with KG and get nothing. KG is not signing next year. Hell, most everyone in the Twin Cities, I live here now, says they want the Wolves to trade Garnett. And these are Wolves fans, who go to the games. They don't blame KG, they blame McHale. So don't be surprised when KG goes, and people here feel happy for him.

Trust me, I know. I have lived in the Twin Cities all of my life. I'm just saying, Ricky Davis, Mark Blount and Randy Foye are all good players, BUT they aren't consistant and they get down on themselves. That is why they lose. If Odom does the same thing, trading an outstanding player like KG for just a good player like Odom won't help the Wolves any. I mean, when it comes time to deal KG, the Wolves want to be able to get some people in return that will turn around the franchise, not keep it just like it is.

^^Okay, but they'll have to make more trades than one. Think about it, they trade KG for Odom+Kwame, and now they have a nice package for another big deal (Pau Gasol? Jermaine O'Neal?)...Ricky Davis+Mike James+Kwame Brown for Jermaine O'Neal...So now they have a team of

PG Randy Foye
SG Rashad McCants
SF Trenton Hassell
PF Lamar Odom
C Jermaine O'Neal

See, you have to think like a GM. You're telling me that's not a nice team? Plus they have draft picks, young prospects, trade bait, etc.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 12:14:54 PM »

^^Okay, but they'll have to make more trades than one. Think about it, they trade KG for Odom+Kwame, and now they have a nice package for another big deal (Pau Gasol? Jermaine O'Neal?)...Ricky Davis+Mike James+Kwame Brown for Jermaine O'Neal...So now they have a team of

PG Randy Foye
SG Rashad McCants
SF Trenton Hassell
PF Lamar Odom
C Jermaine O'Neal

See, you have to think like a GM. You're telling me that's not a nice team? Plus they have draft picks, young prospects, trade bait, etc.

the TC's people are not basketball people. They only know basketball as KG, and right now they want him to go to a better team 'cause they feel sorry for him. In LA, we got spoiled of years of West, who made moves for the purpose of making other moves to get what he wants (i.e. trading Divac for Kobe and freeing up room to get Shaq). McHale is not that smart, and the TCs are not expecting it.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »

PG Randy Foye
SG Rashad McCants
SF Trenton Hassell
PF Lamar Odom
C Jermaine O'Neal

It looks like a decent team on paper aside from McCants, the question is will that team win? And would the Pacers be willing to trade their only player keeping their franchise from drowning for some players that may or may not come through for them? I wish the Wolves had draft picks to deal. They got lucky this year with the lottery, but they still don't have any of their own first round picks until after 2010. They need to trade to get them.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »
that 6'12" could get you a first round pick or two

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 01:07:13 PM »
They got lucky this year with the lottery, but they still don't have any of their own first round picks until after 2010.
How come? ???

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
They got lucky this year with the lottery, but they still don't have any of their own first round picks until after 2010.
How come? ???

McHale traded them. One with Sam Cassell for Marko Jaric and Lionel Chalmers of the Clippers and the other went to Boston with Wally Szczerbiak, Dwayne Jones and Michael Olowokandi, for Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Justin Reed, Marcus Banks, and two second round draft picks. This is why I moved to be with my girl, and still kept my home team... lol. Actually, I'll never trade on the Lakers, and the T'Wolves make it easy.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »
Names Tony Dorsett and Magic Johnson as his sports heroes

this from his offical NBA bio. I'm saying, KG to LA.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_garnett/bio.html

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 01:27:07 PM »

Like I said, KG wont turn things around if we dont have a TEAM. Minnesota would take Odom for KG in a heartbeat. That's most likely the best prospect they'll get their hands on, considering McHale cares WHERE KG wants to go, after the loyalty he's shown the franchise. But KG alone wont do it for us. Odom's stats this season are better than last seasons, and that's WITH a torn labrum (which he played through, showing his resilience), so how has his value gone down? Odom is our best rebounder, best passer, best playmaker, best post player, best defender (at the sf-pf position), etc...He means a lot to this team, and we aren't playoff bound without him...If I'm Mitch, I'm going after a real point guard with a strong mentality. I think that will put this team over and we will be able to play how we started this season ALWAYS...PeACe

I do agree. Like i said we don't need another PF player. We need a PG and possibly a C.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 01:27:58 PM »

Like I said, KG wont turn things around if we dont have a TEAM. Minnesota would take Odom for KG in a heartbeat. That's most likely the best prospect they'll get their hands on, considering McHale cares WHERE KG wants to go, after the loyalty he's shown the franchise. But KG alone wont do it for us. Odom's stats this season are better than last seasons, and that's WITH a torn labrum (which he played through, showing his resilience), so how has his value gone down? Odom is our best rebounder, best passer, best playmaker, best post player, best defender (at the sf-pf position), etc...He means a lot to this team, and we aren't playoff bound without him...If I'm Mitch, I'm going after a real point guard with a strong mentality. I think that will put this team over and we will be able to play how we started this season ALWAYS...PeACe

you get KG, and it becomes easier to sign that PG. You don't think Baron wouldn't take a pay cut to come home and lead Kobe and KG to a title.

Baron who? Baron Davis? You're dreaming..

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 01:31:49 PM »

PG Randy Foye
SG Rashad McCants
SF Trenton Hassell
PF Lamar Odom
C Jermaine O'Neal

It looks like a decent team on paper aside from McCants, the question is will that team win?

Hey, LMAO. You're talking about the Timberwolves!! They missed the P.O. WITH KG!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 01:39:25 PM »
Names Tony Dorsett and Magic Johnson as his sports heroes

this from his offical NBA bio. I'm saying, KG to LA.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_garnett/bio.html
And his wife lives in Malibu. :-*

rik

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 01:41:20 PM »
Man, I don't want Odom to get traded. I've been an Odom fans since he was with the Clippers. But some changes have to be made.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »

PG Randy Foye
SG Rashad McCants
SF Trenton Hassell
PF Lamar Odom
C Jermaine O'Neal

It looks like a decent team on paper aside from McCants, the question is will that team win? And would the Pacers be willing to trade their only player keeping their franchise from drowning for some players that may or may not come through for them? I wish the Wolves had draft picks to deal. They got lucky this year with the lottery, but they still don't have any of their own first round picks until after 2010. They need to trade to get them.

McCants showed tremendous promise in the second half of his rookie season...He was injured this season and wasn't the same, but he's a nice young player. If you don't like him starting, then replace him with rookie Craig Smith, who also looks like a nice, promising young player...But the main point is, it can work out...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »
How come? ???

McHale traded them. One with Sam Cassell for Marko Jaric and Lionel Chalmers of the Clippers and the other went to Boston with Wally Szczerbiak, Dwayne Jones and Michael Olowokandi, for Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Justin Reed, Marcus Banks, and two second round draft picks. This is why I moved to be with my girl, and still kept my home team... lol. Actually, I'll never trade on the Lakers, and the T'Wolves make it easy.
Are you sure? The CBA doesn't allow teams to trade away future first round draft picks in consecutive years.