Author Topic: Jin Writes An Open Letter To Obama  (Read 75 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jin Writes An Open Letter To Obama
« on: April 26, 2007, 02:32:07 AM »
Jin, known for his creative freestyles and explosive social commentary has created a brand new song, "Open Letter To Obama" designed to create voter awareness and spark debate about the importance of the upcoming election in 2008.

Jin recently released ABC (American Born Chinese), his latest album that was completely recorded in Cantonese.  The album received tons of critical acclaim and was actually the first of it's kind.  The album was a sonic reflection of Jin's experiences growing up in America while staying true to his Chinese heritage.  During the promotion of this album Jin also recorded a number of teaser songs and released them digitally, including “20 Something”, “Fu@% Rosie” featuring Donald Trump and “Rain, Rain Go Away”, a tribute to the victims of Virginia Tech.  Now he is at it again with his latest release, "An Open Letter To Obama."

Jin explains the reason he created the song in the first place, “As for the song itself, I just wanted to craft a record where I could express my personal point of view in regards to the election and hopefully spark some interest in those who may not have had any intention of making their votes count.  I think Obama brings a fresh new perspective to the current state of political affairs.  This upcoming election in particular is a great opportunity for many within and outside of the Hip Hop community to make some changes that they are constantly seeking.” 

Originally born in Miami , Florida Jin was raised by hardworking parents who ran their own restaurant.  Growing up during the Golden Age of Hip Hop (the early nineties) Jin became fascinated with rap music and the hip hop lifestyle. When Jin’s family decided to move to Manhattan he knew this would be the perfect opportunity to follow his dreams.  Jin got on his grind immediately.  Between selling home-made mixtapes on the streets of NY and emerging victoriously from several freestyle battle competitions, he was well on his way. But his big break came when he won BET's 106 and Park “Freestyle Friday” and became the undisputed champion.  That victory led to his record deal with Ruff Ryders. In 2005, he ventured back to his roots and launched the independent imprint CraftyPlugz with his manager Kamel and has released several projects thus far. Throughout his career Jin has always been the underdog and he has remained embroiled in controversy.  Even though he has only been in the music industry for a few short years, he has accomplished a lot more than most artists. He made his acting debut in the box-office hit 2 Fast 2 Furious, pocketed  $100,000 and a car by winning back to back titles at the Mix Show Power Summit FightKlub Battle and has sold over 200,000 copies of his solo debut. He is now ready to add another chapter to his fascinating story.

Jin explains why he finds it important to be socially aware as an artist.  “I turn 25 this year so I definitely want to take this gift of making music and use it in a more meaningful manner.”  The song, “Open Letter to Obama” features Pete Miser, who is also the producer of the track and the official tour DJ for Dido. It is the first release from Jin’s forthcoming LP, From This Day On.  The single will be eventually released on iTunes and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Obama campaign. MySpace users can preview the song at www.Jinspace.com.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com