Author Topic: Playlist from Barbecue I had yesterday....  (Read 674 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Playlist from Barbecue I had yesterday....
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
NOTHING PERSONAL R CAUSE I FUCK WITH YOU BUT THIS LIST IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW THE NEW DUDES WILL NEVER GET KNOWN CAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOUR SELF THAT HAVE THE POWER TO INTODUCE  PEOPLE TO NEW MUSIC BUT CHOOSE NOT TO

I feel you, but I did play a good number of new west songs. The playlist doesn't show a few songs I played because some of my people were movin songs around or whatev, but I did play G. Malone, and meant to have his song "Malone" on there....I got Murs on it and Western Union. But for one, I was tryin to play a lot of throwback songs just to have people like "damn, I remember that one!!!" and for this type of vibe, you can't deny the classic tracks. At the same time....I ALWAYS introduce people to the new west artists and songs when I'm out here, that's with no doubt at all. I don't think many people out here would have heard of G. Malone, Bishop Lamont, or even Game as early as they did if it wasn't for me. A lot of people even "accuse" me for playin "too much shit I never heard before", especially females who only wanna hear songs they heard on the radio 100 times. So even though I didn't play a lot of new songs at this event, please believe that I ALWAYS do that, for real though

Paul

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
great list, must have been a real cool ass bbq, fancy comin to scotland and hookn me n my mates up(no homo)
funkyfreshintheflesh

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 09:44:58 PM »
NOTHING PERSONAL R CAUSE I FUCK WITH YOU BUT THIS LIST IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW THE NEW DUDES WILL NEVER GET KNOWN CAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOUR SELF THAT HAVE THE POWER TO INTODUCE  PEOPLE TO NEW MUSIC BUT CHOOSE NOT TO
1) Very true.
2) Don't waste your time trying to get WC fans out of the 90's.
3) R-Tistic does stay in tune with the newer West Coast artists
4) Stop typing in caps. It's very annoying.

I mean, I see it like this....everybody who knows me knows that I support the New West and upcoming, unknown, unestablished artists to the most. But here's some of the facts...the music they've been pumpin out just hasn't been half as dope or classic as the 90's music. And not to turn this post into that argument we've seen 100 times...but there haven't been many songs to come from New West artists, or many artists outside of the legends, that have really been THAT strong. I'd definitely agree with no questions that there are some New West artists who are much better talent wise than the 90's artists, especially at this point....but they've only proven that through mixtapes and freestyles. G. Malone and Bishop are two of the only ones who have really put out a good number of quality songs that can even compete with the 90's songs we love.

It wasn't just about the rapper's alone in the 90's....everything was just a perfect mixture....L.A. and the West's attitude just went perfect with the style of dress, the G-Funk music, the style of dress, the movies that came out, the calm after the riots, the car culture, and all else involved. Music wise, producers all followed similar formulas, but each one had their own distinct style that you could tell apart, and all made great music in different ways....and not only that, but producers and artists stayed within their camps without goin to hottest producers just to get a hit, which makes a MAJOR difference, because now you can't tell the difference from a new aritst's song over a Lil Jon beat versus a T.I. Lil Wayne song on that Lil Jon beat...because they are basically the same song with different artists. Even though all the producers and camps had a similar style and sound, you could tell Warren from Quik from Dre from Battlecat from the Bay cats like Bosko and Ant Banks...and all of them inspired each other and bounced their styles off of each other subconsciously. But now, there is no set sound, and producers and artists music is just all over the place, and doesn't have the same consistent sound...and the songs just sound like they are made to appeal to certain fanbases, whether it's clubs, underground mixtape fans, street "dope music" or females. There hasn't been much inspiration at all.

So basically.....everyone down with the New West movement needs to realize that yes, the 90's are over, but we are still the west, and L.A. is still L.A. We are NOT going to come back from soundin like the south or east...only NY gets away with that LOL with Mims and all. But even he didn't sell much of anything...he just had a hot single, but won't become a legend for that track.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »
21 Jumpstreet one of my fav By Snoop Dogg

Diggfinger

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 11:54:15 AM »
I run the California Club at my college, Florida A&M, and we had a barbecue yesterday that was 110% West Coast style. Just to give people ideas of what songs to play at barbecues, picnics, or whatever you have, I took a picture of the playlist from the entire day. I might upload some of the songs in some sort of large MP3 compilation again..I put together somethin called "R-Tistic's West Coast Cookout" back in Sept., and it had a lot of these songs in it. Here it goes though.....

you never invite me to your barbecues man >:( >:( >:(

Klue

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 11:56:13 AM »
All is a question of  nostalgy after all.
Great Tracklist anyway  8)

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »
I have to use that list one day 8)

$Eg2$

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 12:05:04 PM »
Props to R TIstic thats a dope playlist thats real dope too showin all that West Coast love when ever I spin a party or BBQ i always throw in all that WestCoast Shit keep Hood R

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
I run the California Club at my college, Florida A&M, and we had a barbecue yesterday that was 110% West Coast style. Just to give people ideas of what songs to play at barbecues, picnics, or whatever you have, I took a picture of the playlist from the entire day. I might upload some of the songs in some sort of large MP3 compilation again..I put together somethin called "R-Tistic's West Coast Cookout" back in Sept., and it had a lot of these songs in it. Here it goes though.....

you never invite me to your barbecues man >:( >:( >:(

LOL, come to Florida and it's goin down! I think we are gonna do it again this Saturday, because this one was so on point, and we have about five people from L.A. graduatin.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 12:42:01 PM »
cool playlist 8)
Barbecue's already? :-\
I had a BBQ last night. 8) You can do it year round when you live down South or in California. 8)
Dang. Summer never leaves? Shittt.
Move to the Sun Belt. Why stay on the freezing East Coast?
Maybe you should come out here. You like to melt? :D
Fuck that. I've left the cold winters for good. I'm never living above the 48th lattitude again.

Oh shit, I live at 71st lattitude. Most of the snow has melted, but there's some left ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:44:58 PM by K.Dub »

kemizt

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 01:04:11 PM »

If I would of walked into that bbq not knowin anything, I would have that hip-hop was still alive, that Pac had never died, Death Row had never broken up, and that the last 10 years in hip-hop were just a bad dream.

Nice playlist, peace.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 01:51:52 PM »
wheres the audio bitch??????

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)