Author Topic: Dr.Dre: The Biography by Ronin Ro  (Read 1723 times)

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
Re: Dr.Dre: The Biography by Ronin Ro
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 02:43:19 PM »
Someone type up the stories about NWA, Eazy and Cube from Dres book.

dont buy this fuccin book. ronin ro wrote a book called have gun will travel. it was filled wit errors and bullshit made up stories. like 90% of it was fiction.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »
just finished the book. Ro cites dubcnn as one of his sources. You can tell, alot of the quotes, towards the end of the book are straight from Nima interviews. That shit is awesome, dubcnn, part of music history.

anyway, interesting story to me:

Post Doggystyle, one of the incidents that irked Dre was he was recording a track with kurupt when kurupt pulled a gun out, cocked it on the intro of a track, rapped while toting it about, then put it back in his pocket when the song was done, for no reason at all.

there's tons more shit like that. will mention more as they come to mind.

also, DJR, what's ignorant about being angry at the fact that suge prevented the creation of DS/chronic style albums by ds/chronic style artists. furthermore, why do you defend suge in other threads, what does he do artistically, what talent does he have, what is it about him that draws followers? I'm not criticizing, i'm just seriously curious as to how suge has fans.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 06:27:03 PM »
suge is just a greedy asshole. him and puffy are a lot alike in that i hate them both. i think though suge had nothing to do with the music though other peacemaking and putting nazi rules in place unlike puffy. for me though old death row artists make me forget completely who was in charge and focus on how fucking amazing their music is.

Post Doggystyle, one of the incidents that irked Dre was he was recording a track with kurupt when kurupt pulled a gun out, cocked it on the intro of a track, rapped while toting it about, then put it back in his pocket when the song was done, for no reason at all.
kurupts for real a crazy mother fucker and that's part of why he's so great. what song was it?

Okka

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 12:16:44 AM »
Please put up more quotes and storys from the book...

Mygla

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 01:46:49 AM »
Also everyone is made to look like a bitch apart from Suge.

he claimed that Suge was gay  :P

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 01:50:17 AM »
also, DJR, what's ignorant about being angry at the fact that suge prevented the creation of DS/chronic style albums by ds/chronic style artists. furthermore, why do you defend suge in other threads, what does he do artistically, what talent does he have, what is it about him that draws followers? I'm not criticizing, i'm just seriously curious as to how suge has fans.

-T

First off let me say that I'll be the last person to say Suge is a saint and everything over at D.R. was all good cause we all know it wasn't. I used the term ignorant because people are always so quick to point the finger at Suge whenever something happened (or in your case something that didn't happen).

another interesting tidbit: as one would figure, it's suge's fault we didn't continue to get strings of classic albums like dre's solo, snoop's solo, the original schedule was

Dre, Snoop, Rage, RBX, Kurupt....BUT after doggystyle finished Suge wanted to capitalize off of r and b/recruit Pac so they started doing soundtracks because suge forced the whole operation to that. fucking suge, if not for him we'd have dre produced rage, kurupt, and rbx albums from the same group/momentum/synergy/time frame as doggystyle/the chronic. FUCK SUGE.

-T

And because your explanation is a bit on the simplistic side. You can't really knock Suge for wanting to go the R&B route a little at the time and don't tell me you're not happy those soundtracks (Above The Rim/Murder Was The Case) got released. I know you're a Dre fan but blaming Suge for the fact that there were no Dre produced Rage/Kurupt/RBX albums is a bit far fetched IMO. Like so many other fans (myself included) you're just dissapointed with how certain things went. You said fuck Suge but if it wasn't for him would there have even been a Chronic or Doggystyle?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 12:52:32 PM »
Just finished the book! Glad I read it, decent read and tought me quite a few things I dint no!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 01:53:24 AM »

-T

First off let me say that I'll be the last person to say Suge is a saint and everything over at D.R. was all good cause we all know it wasn't. I used the term ignorant because people are always so quick to point the finger at Suge whenever something happened (or in your case something that didn't happen).

another interesting tidbit: as one would figure, it's suge's fault we didn't continue to get strings of classic albums like dre's solo, snoop's solo, the original schedule was

Dre, Snoop, Rage, RBX, Kurupt....BUT after doggystyle finished Suge wanted to capitalize off of r and b/recruit Pac so they started doing soundtracks because suge forced the whole operation to that. fucking suge, if not for him we'd have dre produced rage, kurupt, and rbx albums from the same group/momentum/synergy/time frame as doggystyle/the chronic. FUCK SUGE.

-T

And because your explanation is a bit on the simplistic side. You can't really knock Suge for wanting to go the R&B route a little at the time and don't tell me you're not happy those soundtracks (Above The Rim/Murder Was The Case) got released. I know you're a Dre fan but blaming Suge for the fact that there were no Dre produced Rage/Kurupt/RBX albums is a bit far fetched IMO. Like so many other fans (myself included) you're just dissapointed with how certain things went. You said fuck Suge but if it wasn't for him would there have even been a Chronic or Doggystyle?

dre was gonna hear 213, dre was gonna do that style of production. efil4zaggin is a proto-chronic. on an artistic level, that shit would have happened. suge prevented that natural momentum from taking it's course. it's like if after 'off the wall' and in the middle of making; 'thriller' quincy told michael they were gonna derail the project and do a few tracks for the ET soundtrack instead of thriller.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2007, 01:54:08 AM »

-T

-T

furthermore, i wasn't saying you said suge was a saint. i see where you're coming from. +1

peace-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2007, 01:56:23 AM »
suge is just a greedy asshole. him and puffy are a lot alike in that i hate them both. i think though suge had nothing to do with the music though other peacemaking and putting nazi rules in place unlike puffy. for me though old death row artists make me forget completely who was in charge and focus on how fucking amazing their music is.

kurupts for real a crazy mother fucker and that's part of why he's so great. what song was it?

according to the book "the things niggas do" is the song title.

and i guess i told the story out of context. the reason that incident that incident irke dre so bad is because it WASN'T just Kurupt being crazy like that, but he said that all of DR was quick to act like that like it was the cool thing to do even though most of the DP crew were no longer really active gangbangers.

ronin ro does not imply or say suge is gay in this book.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 01:21:49 AM »
just finished the book. Ro cites dubcnn as one of his sources. You can tell, alot of the quotes, towards the end of the book are straight from Nima interviews. That shit is awesome, dubcnn, part of music history.

anyway, interesting story to me:

there's tons more shit like that. will mention more as they come to mind.

-T

i like this book, it's quite detailed.

well, the soundtracks weren't bad, but i would rather had seen soloalbums by Kurupt, the Lady of Rage and RBX with dre production.

oh well, i guess the loss of his brother affected dre a lot; that would explain why he was living wild and was involved in a lot of incidents.
i still think it's a shame that he didn't accept the deal Jerry offered; he would have made much more money and would have had much more control over his label.

Okka

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 09:15:28 AM »

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »
im getting this asap

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
yeah like most hip hop literature there's alot of truths and mistruths but it's worth it for the interestingness factor alone if nothing else

-T

westcoastavengers.com

MediumL

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 01:44:56 AM »
Dam soo much dope stuff coulda come outta death row. RBx solo, Kurupt solo, Lady of Rage solo and Dre/ICe Cube collab album. Dam i bet you at least 3 of those albums woulda been classics!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>