Author Topic: The Clipse Working On Next Album, Re-Up Gang Debut  (Read 166 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Clipse Working On Next Album, Re-Up Gang Debut
« on: May 03, 2007, 03:54:04 PM »
It took Virginia duo the Clipse almost four years and numerous label travails to release the follow-up to 2002's "Lord Willin'," which finally arrived last year in the form of "Hell Hath No Fury." But group member Pusha T says the time off gave both he and his brother Malice "a chance to sit back and carve out where we wanted to be in this music game and to evaluate hip-hop as a whole."

And though the group remains on the road promoting "Fury," which has sold just 184,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, work has also begun on a new studio album. Both members declined to elaborate on the progress of the project, but told Billboard.com, "We're just going to stay true to what it is we do."

"Everything happens for a reason," says Pusha. "There's so much disposable music right now and it is all being classified as hip-hop. This music thing is really a place where you can make your mark in history and build something epic."

Which is why in 2005 the brothers released their "Got It for Cheap" Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 mixtapes, through which they introduced the Re-Up Gang, their music crew consisting of Pusha, Malice and Philly rappers Ab-Liva and Sandman. A third installment of the mixtape, as well as the Re-Up Gang debut album, are also in the works.

"The Re-Up Gang is just four MCs that follow the basic rules of hip-hop and lyricism," Pusha says. "Being creative, painting those pictures, the metaphors that smack you in your face."

For this reason, the attempt by black leaders to censor hip-hop as a result of the Don Imus controversy is disappointing to Pusha. "I am floored that our leaders have let the racist comments of this white man be turned around on hip-hop," he states. "Hip-hop didn't make that man say that. I'm just appalled."

Pusha also says the Clipse will not be commenting about the Virginia Tech tragedy in song, noting, "This is bigger than a track," he says. ""It didn't even come across my mind."
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Lunatic

Re: The Clipse Working On Next Album, Re-Up Gang Debut
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
dope, 1 of the better groups out right now
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »
thats cool.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 08:19:36 AM »
dope, 1 of the better groups out right now
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
One of my favorite acts. Hell Hath No Fury had some sick ass songs and they are cool ass people as well.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 01:45:53 PM »
One of my favorite acts. Hell Hath No Fury had some sick ass songs and they are cool ass people as well.

yup its a shame they have gone from platinum to 184,000.

soon they wont be able to afford those neptune beats, i read an interview where they said they were charged for them.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 10:53:15 PM »

yup its a shame they have gone from platinum to 184,000.

soon they wont be able to afford those neptune beats, i read an interview where they said they were charged for them.

Good because imo the only weak points of HHNF was Pharrell's production on a few tracks.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 12:57:48 AM »
HHNF is a dope album.

*bangs Dirty Money 8)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 01:55:04 PM »
I love The Clipse.  They're some real dudes that know real Hip Hop.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 03:50:45 PM »
Hell Hath No Fury was in my top 10 of 06. Its rare to see a whole cd produced by one act.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 04:20:32 PM »
Hell Hath No Fury was in my top 10 of 06. Its rare to see a whole cd produced by one act.

Top 3 for me
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 10:38:58 PM »

Word, and that alon makes you respect on a whole nother level