Author Topic: MAYFEATHERS VS DE LA HOYA  (Read 2388 times)

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: MAYFEATHERS VS DE LA HOYA
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »
Lost to Shane once, second fight get got fucked over by judges.
Beat Trinidad, got fucked over by judges.
Hopkins beat him.
And it's not like Mayweather beat the shit outta him.

Who has Mayweather beat?

the only fighter that Mayweather has beat that was a legit fighter was Gatti.

he also fought Zab Judah, but i think people regard Judah as a much better fighter than he really is.

so you ask, why doesnt suckaa free say that mayweather is overrated? 
even though Maywaether hasn't really beat anybody of substance, he hasnt LOST either.  thats the difference.  you cant fault the nigga for just winning every fight, its not his fault there is nobody is his class that can beat him.

but by no means does that mean he is one of the 5 greatest fighters at his weight.  the media makes him seem like the untouchable dude because nobody else is really that good Right Now. but like i said, he IS  un defeated though.  its a double edged sword.
 but i still think Gatti can take him if he gets his shit together.

:bandit:

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

rik

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2007, 10:06:30 AM »
The thing about Mayweather is that he shouldn't be undefeated. He lost the first fight against Castillo and everyone who watched that fight knows it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2007, 11:25:27 AM »
I agree...I always thought De La Hoya was overrated. Sure, he's a good boxer, but he doesn't deserve to be the most recognized figure in boxing AS A BOXER. Not saying he isn't great, but I wouldn't consider him an all-time great, and that's the sort of attention he gets...PeACe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »
boozer fucken murderd us on the boards, and we were still right in it.  we should have stole Game 1.   :(

Hopefully Nellie will give Harrington more time in Game 2 as he played very well in this game.  it will also be harder for Boozer to get over him.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

rik

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »
boozer fucken murderd us on the boards, and we were still right in it.  we should have stole Game 1.   :(

Hopefully Nellie will give Harrington more time in Game 2 as he played very well in this game.  it will also be harder for Boozer to get over him.

Wrong thread, loco.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 08:22:53 AM »
Most of you youngin's would not know the impact of De la Hoya's earlier victories..
so before you say Oscar fought nobody do your homework first.

His list of victories over Champion's & Former champion's is a who's who of the best the 90's had to offer.
Including victories over: (I will not list their accomplishment's in the ringm That's the homework part)

JC Chavez
Rafael Ruelas
Jorge Paez
Hector Camacho
Pernel Whitaker
Ricardo Mayorga
Fernando Vargas
Arturo Gatti
Oba Carr
Ike Quartey
Miguel Angel Gonzalez
Jesse James Leija
Jeff Mayweather (The Least talked about Mayweather, Lil' Floyd's Tio)
in his 5th fight as a pro

Just a list of some of the fighter's Oscar has defeated during his time.

rik

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 10:59:12 AM »
^ School them.  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »
Not saying he didn't have great victories...Doesn't mean he's not overrated though.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
De La Hoya, to me, is the 2nd greatest Mexican fighter only behind

Julio Cesar Chavez

108-6-2 87KOs
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »
Overrated?  How so, and who is justly rated?  Oscar is still in the top 15 of the best pound for pound boxers today, as a 34 year old.  If he was 27-29, then he would be seen in the top 5.  He's rated fine, he's also very popular but those are just two different things. 

d-nice

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2007, 12:56:20 PM »
Most of you youngin's would not know the impact of De la Hoya's earlier victories..
so before you say Oscar fought nobody do your homework first.

His list of victories over Champion's & Former champion's is a who's who of the best the 90's had to offer.
Including victories over: (I will not list their accomplishment's in the ringm That's the homework part)

JC Chavez
Rafael Ruelas
Jorge Paez
Hector Camacho
Pernel Whitaker
Ricardo Mayorga
Fernando Vargas
Arturo Gatti
Oba Carr
Ike Quartey
Miguel Angel Gonzalez
Jesse James Leija
Jeff Mayweather (The Least talked about Mayweather, Lil' Floyd's Tio)
in his 5th fight as a pro

Just a list of some of the fighter's Oscar has defeated during his time.

True, and alot of those fighters were also past there prime as well. Oscar like his nickname says was the Golden Boy coming out of the Olympics and his camp brought him along slowly. He was able to get these fights in the prime of his career and towards the end of some of his opponents. Quartey, Ruelas, Carr and Gonzalez were still in their prime but definitely not Chavez, Vargas, Whitaker Leija, Gatti, Paez or Mayweather really.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:11:57 PM by D~Nice »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2007, 02:36:31 PM »

Wrong thread, loco.

:P

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

SGV

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2007, 02:39:57 PM »
LMAO @ People saying Oscar is overrated. LMAO @ He never fought any legit fighters.

His losses to Mosely were rather legit, while most people will dispute the 2nd fight, I won't. But, his loss to Trinidad was bull. Anyone who knows boxing knows De La Hoya won. Anyone moving up to fight Hopkins like De La Hoya did would've lost.

De La Hoya consistently moved up weight classes to fight the best and brightest. Moving up to Middleweight and only having one fight (Sturm) preceding the Hopkins fight was a mistake. But it showed De La Hoya's heart.

Lastly, this loss to Mayweather wasn't all that bad. He was outclassed, but then again, Mayweather got him at the end of his career. Just like you discredit De La Hoya's wins over Chavez since he was "out of his prime," anyone can do the same to Mayweather for this win.

I don't think anyone can make a real legit arguement as to how and why Oscar is overrated aside from just stating it.

d-nice

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
LMAO @ People saying Oscar is overrated. LMAO @ He never fought any legit fighters.

His losses to Mosely were rather legit, while most people will dispute the 2nd fight, I won't. But, his loss to Trinidad was bull. Anyone who knows boxing knows De La Hoya won. Anyone moving up to fight Hopkins like De La Hoya did would've lost.

De La Hoya consistently moved up weight classes to fight the best and brightest. Moving up to Middleweight and only having one fight (Sturm) preceding the Hopkins fight was a mistake. But it showed De La Hoya's heart.

Lastly, this loss to Mayweather wasn't all that bad. He was outclassed, but then again, Mayweather got him at the end of his career. Just like you discredit De La Hoya's wins over Chavez since he was "out of his prime," anyone can do the same to Mayweather for this win.

I don't think anyone can make a real legit arguement as to how and why Oscar is overrated aside from just stating it.

From Quartey on, Oscar has fought the best of the best. No doubt about it.

rik

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

Exactly, and I'm not the biggest Oscar fan, but to say he's overrated is ridiculous.