Author Topic: Question about Recognize on The G Funk Era  (Read 119 times)

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Question about Recognize on The G Funk Era
« on: May 02, 2007, 03:52:01 PM »
I'm talking about the song Recognize with the Twinz and Warren G on Regulate... the G Funk Era.  My friend thinks that Snoop and Nate were originally on the song because Warren G spells there names out for no apparent reason.  He thinks that maybe they were removed from the song.  Any truth to that?
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Blu Lacez

Re: Question about Recognize on The G Funk Era
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 04:14:02 PM »
I'm talking about the song Recognize with the Twinz and Warren G on Regulate... the G Funk Era.  My friend thinks that Snoop and Nate were originally on the song because Warren G spells there names out for no apparent reason.  He thinks that maybe they were removed from the song.  Any truth to that?

Not Sure..perhaps he just spelt their names for rhyming??..or for shout out??

teecee

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »
I remember reading that exact same thing somewhere.

Suge wouldn't let Death Row artists appear on outside projects, hence no Snoop on the album, except for voice samples, and these samples could only be from freestyles or unreleased tracks.  In fact, Warren sampled that one Snoop freestyle for like 4 songs, some on this album and some one on the DFC album. 

It's also of course rumored that Dre helped Warren out on the album, which wouldn't really surprise me.  Two beats that were supposed to be used for the Chronic and Doggystyle (Rat-tat-tat original and The next Episode) were used on Regulate, although it could be that Warren brought Dre the samples in the first place (Like the G'z and Hustlas sample)

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:58:15 PM »

Suge wouldn't let Death Row artists appear on outside projects, hence no Snoop on the album, except for voice samples, and these samples could only be from freestyles or unreleased tracks.  In fact, Warren sampled that one Snoop freestyle for like 4 songs, some on this album and some one on the DFC album. 

It's also of course rumored that Dre helped Warren out on the album, which wouldn't really surprise me.  Two beats that were supposed to be used for the Chronic and Doggystyle (Rat-tat-tat original and The next Episode) were used on Regulate, although it could be that Warren brought Dre the samples in the first place (Like the G'z and Hustlas sample)

I remember Dre being in the "Do You See" video, and I heard that he helped out Warren, but I never knew Suge didn't let them do outside projects. I never even put 2 and 2 together as to why Snoop wasn't on G Funk Era.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »

I remember Dre being in the "Do You See" video, and I heard that he helped out Warren, but I never knew Suge didn't let them do outside projects. I never even put 2 and 2 together as to why Snoop wasn't on G Funk Era.

Suge made it really hard to do outside projects.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders