Author Topic: Marc Stein's outlook on the Lakers' future (Kobe, Phil, Odom, Bynum, etc.)  (Read 890 times)

d-nice

^^^ naw Bynum plus Kwame (who will be free agent after next season ) plus Vlad or any crap...

I still don't think a team like Indiana is pulling the trigger on that trade. Although that does give them a new starting frontcourt.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

You guys need to stop thinking that every GM in the league is a Laker-Fan. Seriously. Bynum for a superstar is literally insane.

Then you don't know Bynum's trade value...An unhappy superstar like Jermaine O'Neal, Jason Kidd, Pau Gasol etc. will easily be given up for what would have been a number 1 overall selection last season AKA Andrew Bynum...Bynum's potential is pretty much unlimited- look at the progress he's made from 18 to 19... If Pacers or Grizzlies wouldn't accept a trade of Bynum+Kwame+Draft Pick for Jermaine O'Neal or Pau Gasol, they'd be insane...I have a feeling we're gunna part with either Odom or Bynum this off-season...It sucks, but hopefully we get something worth it in return. I HIGHLY doubt they'd both get traded though...I'd prefer to keep both and just target a valuable point guard with the MLE...Maybe trade some roll players for a veteran big (Kwame, Vlad, Cook, Smush)...That's my preference though...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
does anyone have a complete list of upcoming free agents this summer?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

does anyone have a complete list of upcoming free agents this summer?

check www.hoopshype.com...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You guys need to stop thinking that every GM in the league is a Laker-Fan. Seriously. Bynum for a superstar is literally insane.

Then you don't know Bynum's trade value...An unhappy superstar like Jermaine O'Neal, Jason Kidd, Pau Gasol etc. will easily be given up for what would have been a number 1 overall selection last season AKA Andrew Bynum...Bynum's potential is pretty much unlimited- look at the progress he's made from 18 to 19... If Pacers or Grizzlies wouldn't accept a trade of Bynum+Kwame+Draft Pick for Jermaine O'Neal or Pau Gasol, they'd be insane...I have a feeling we're gunna part with either Odom or Bynum this off-season...It sucks, but hopefully we get something worth it in return. I HIGHLY doubt they'd both get traded though...I'd prefer to keep both and just target a valuable point guard with the MLE...Maybe trade some roll players for a veteran big (Kwame, Vlad, Cook, Smush)...That's my preference though...PeACe

Bynum is a huge gamble. He wouldn't be the first nigga to never get close to his proclaimed potential.
Also, he's far away from a player you can truly rely on every night, lol. He's still a young, unexperienced fuck with an attitude.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Bynum is a huge gamble. He wouldn't be the first nigga to never get close to his proclaimed potential.
Also, he's far away from a player you can truly rely on every night, lol. He's still a young, unexperienced fuck with an attitude.

An attitude? LOL...Come on now. That's reaching. Bynum is not a good, but a GREAT prospect. Anytime you can get a great prospect for an unhappy/aging superstar, you pull the trigger. If Bynum reaches even half his potential, the teams who passed up will HIGHLY regret it. This is how the NBA works...It'd be the same with a player like Andrea Bargnani or Lamarcus Aldridge...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

Funny thing about this is...our 04-05 roster (yes the one that failed to make the playoffs) was more talented than this team. Imagine if we would've got Phil Jackson back and still had Kobe, Odom, Butler, Walton, D.George, Kareem Rush, Chucky Atkins, and a healthy Chris Mihm  :-[ in addition to Farmar, Bynum, and Smush...

Chris Mihm / Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom / Brian Cook / Ronny Turiaf
Caron Butler / Luke Walton / Devean George
Kobe Bryant / Kareem Rush / Sasha Vujacic
Chucky Atkins / Smush Parker / Jordan Farmar

The Lakers would've gone 73-9

It's my dream so no one ruin it!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
i agree with the rest of yall. much as i love bynum, its clear that the team works around phil jackson and kobe. bynum's trade value is still high, i think now would be the time to move him for the help kobe so desperately seeks (gasol, JO, kidd, etc.).

odom proved in the last couple games how badly he wants to stay in la. the mutha fucka has 4 or 5 injuries and was still giving 150% playing like a man on a mission, which is more than i could say for the rest of the squad. unless we can get kevin garnett in a deal for odom, he is not worth giving up. too much of our offense has adjusted around him, some of the youngsters look absolutely lost wen hes not there helpin them out.

the lakers also need to get jerry west back. altho for now, at the age of 69, its unlikely that west is really gonna go out of his way to rush back home in la.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn i can see a trade of Bynum + Kwame for JO or KG.

rik

Yeah, throw Vlad and a draft pick to sweeten the deal, and it could work. Although I doubt any trade happening without Odom.  :-\

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

itll be really hard to do that for kg, but i think we could get jo with that.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That reminds me, with everyone weighing in on the "Where are the Lakers going from here?" debate, it has to be mentioned that their overall game plan never, ever, EVER made sense. Why waste two years of Kobe's prime by trying to develop young players like Andrew Bynum and Kwame Brown over targeting gamers (dealing Caron Butler never made sense) and using expiring contracts to acquire playoff-proven guys (for instance, they could have had Kidd if they included Bynum in the deal). How could they allow all those contracts (over $10 million worth of expiring deals) to simply expire without taking a flier on someone like Stephen Jackson? And why aren't Lakers fans more furious that their team willingly threw away Kobe's prime like this? I don't get it.

- Bill Simmons
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

jeromechickenbone

^^^I agree w/ that.  Kobe is the consensus best bball player on the planet.  With the right cast you're in at LEAST the conference championship every year.  Even if you got some older cats in there, and it may only be viable for 2-3 years, who gives a fuck?  Bring in the talent to win - if it doesn't shake out destroy and rebuild around him again.

You don't have the best player on the planet sitting in the wings while you're trying to develop 18-19 year olds.  It just doesn't make sense.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^I agree w/ that.  Kobe is the consensus best bball player on the planet.  With the right cast you're in at LEAST the conference championship every year.  Even if you got some older cats in there, and it may only be viable for 2-3 years, who gives a fuck?  Bring in the talent to win - if it doesn't shake out destroy and rebuild around him again.

You don't have the best player on the planet sitting in the wings while you're trying to develop 18-19 year olds.  It just doesn't make sense.

WERD!!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

That reminds me, with everyone weighing in on the "Where are the Lakers going from here?" debate, it has to be mentioned that their overall game plan never, ever, EVER made sense. Why waste two years of Kobe's prime by trying to develop young players like Andrew Bynum and Kwame Brown over targeting gamers (dealing Caron Butler never made sense) and using expiring contracts to acquire playoff-proven guys (for instance, they could have had Kidd if they included Bynum in the deal). How could they allow all those contracts (over $10 million worth of expiring deals) to simply expire without taking a flier on someone like Stephen Jackson? And why aren't Lakers fans more furious that their team willingly threw away Kobe's prime like this? I don't get it.

- Bill Simmons

Threw away Kobe's prime? Bill Simmons needs help, Kobe is still 28. And LMAO@"dealing Caron Butler never made sense". I'm sure he really knows what he's talking about there. Lakers were stuck with no low-post presence, we'd be 3 years out of the playoffs had we never dealt for Kwame... ::)