Author Topic: Bill Russell & Larry Bird says Nash for MVP  (Read 559 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Bill Russell & Larry Bird says Nash for MVP
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 10:28:29 AM »
Keep hatin kid, he's better than Kobe overall and he did play great defense in game 1.

LMAO

Dude is a soldier, and not many players would be trying to get into the game with a busted nose either. Kidd, Davis and Parker would not be able to run that "Phoenix" offense because it's Nash's offense. Kidd & Davis are both MVP caliber players as well. Just because they don't take every shot doesn't mean they aren't MVP worthy.

And damn lol at Marion and Amare being individually better than Nash...nothing really to say about that except that you must be speaking out of either ignorance or bias.

LOL@At a busted nose!...That has absolutely NO affect on your basketball ability. Try a severely sprained ankle, torn labrum, pulled hamstring, hyperextended elbow, etc. Kidd was an MVP candidate 3-4 years ago and BD is never consistant enough during the regular season to be in the MVP race. It's D'Antoni's offense, not Nash's...You've shown that you have NO fucking idea what you're talking about...PeACe

D'Antoni isn't running the point.

D'Antoni is running the plays.

Bullshit, on defense maybe, but Nash runs that offense 9 times out of 10.

Bullshit? LOL. Please get help...D'Antoni runs the plays, Nash executes them. Learn the game...PeACe

The NBA isn't high school basketball. Nash doesn't look to the sidelines every time down the court. Even when D'Antoni is calling the plays, it takes a certain level of improvisation and awareness to make them work, which Nash excels at.

It has nothing to do with "looking to the sidelines"...It's D'Anotni's system which inflates stats, not Nash. Nash just executes the system. It's D'ANTONI'S "7 seconds or less" system, which, yes, is a disgrace to real basketball IMO...PeACe

Whether you think it's a disgrace or not is irrelevant. It works. Nash makes it work.

Exactly, and no other PG would be able to do it as well either.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:07 AM »
Why don't you guys get at me when you have some actual arguments? And "NASH IS THE BEST" is NOT an argument. Until then, I will keep letting everyone know that Nash is the most overrated player of all time...1 rebound would have bounced the "MVP" out of the 1st round last season. And he WILL be bounced in the 2nd round once again...where will the Suns be after that? A team that can't do shit in the playoffs. The Suns are good, but are they good enough? If the MVP is the BEST player on the BEST team, why the hell would it be Nash? Utah Jazz > Phoenix Suns. Someone, PLEASE make some points and argue what I'm saying with LOGIC...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »
Keep hatin kid, he's better than Kobe overall and he did play great defense in game 1.

LMAO

Dude is a soldier, and not many players would be trying to get into the game with a busted nose either. Kidd, Davis and Parker would not be able to run that "Phoenix" offense because it's Nash's offense. Kidd & Davis are both MVP caliber players as well. Just because they don't take every shot doesn't mean they aren't MVP worthy.

And damn lol at Marion and Amare being individually better than Nash...nothing really to say about that except that you must be speaking out of either ignorance or bias.

LOL@At a busted nose!...That has absolutely NO affect on your basketball ability. Try a severely sprained ankle, torn labrum, pulled hamstring, hyperextended elbow, etc. Kidd was an MVP candidate 3-4 years ago and BD is never consistant enough during the regular season to be in the MVP race. It's D'Antoni's offense, not Nash's...You've shown that you have NO fucking idea what you're talking about...PeACe

Bullshit? LOL. Please get help...D'Antoni runs the plays, Nash executes them. Learn the game...PeACe

The NBA isn't high school basketball. Nash doesn't look to the sidelines every time down the court. Even when D'Antoni is calling the plays, it takes a certain level of improvisation and awareness to make them work, which Nash excels at.

It has nothing to do with "looking to the sidelines"...It's D'Anotni's system which inflates stats, not Nash. Nash just executes the system. It's D'ANTONI'S "7 seconds or less" system, which, yes, is a disgrace to real basketball IMO...PeACe

Whether you think it's a disgrace or not is irrelevant. It works. Nash makes it work.

Yea...It works so well that they will never make the finals with it. LOL@a jumpshooting playoff team. Back in the days, when basketball was at it's purest, that was considered blasphemous.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 12:09:34 PM »

LMAO

Yea...It works so well that they will never make the finals with it. LOL@a jumpshooting playoff team. Back in the days, when basketball was at it's purest, that was considered blasphemous.

LOL at the historian.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 01:07:23 PM »
I can't pick which is worse... Steve Nash's defense or phillyboy's "comebacks".

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 01:35:31 PM »
I can't pick which is worse... Steve Nash's defense or phillyboy's "comebacks".

LOL at you thinking I'm doing anything but laughing at you. They are fun to watch, Nash is fun too watch, and it's GOOD for the league most of all. I'd rather watch them over a team that feeds the ball too one player who curses and bitches at every non-call he feels he should have got. I'd watch Phoenix over that ANY day.

teecee

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »

LMAO

Alright, we've all  figured it out NIK, you don't even believe what you are saying, you are just trying to be funny and piss us off.  It's obvious most of your posts are meant to be shock posts, so keep doing your thing man, its all good. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »
^^Yea, cuz what I'm saying is so "shocking" and makes absolutely no sense. LOL. It's hilarious what these morons call "replies". If you wanna respond, then contradict what I'm saying...It's obvious that you have nothing to say. You're on phillyboy's level.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 05:47:21 PM »
^^Yea, cuz what I'm saying is so "shocking" and makes absolutely no sense. LOL. It's hilarious what these morons call "replies". If you wanna respond, then contradict what I'm saying...It's obvious that you have nothing to say. You're on phillyboy's level.

LOL, remember when you said the Lakers were an elite team?  That was funny as fuck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 06:16:25 PM »

LOL, remember when you said the Lakers were an elite team?  That was funny as fuck.

They were at that point...They had beaten every good team in the league and were 13 games above .500 before the all-star break. The only thing hilarious is you posting in this section as if you have some sort of credibility. 99% of your posts in here are directed towards me, and 100% of them contain no facts.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »
Why don't you guys get at me when you have some actual arguments? And "NASH IS THE BEST" is NOT an argument. Until then, I will keep letting everyone know that Nash is the most overrated player of all time...1 rebound would have bounced the "MVP" out of the 1st round last season. And he WILL be bounced in the 2nd round once again...where will the Suns be after that? A team that can't do shit in the playoffs. The Suns are good, but are they good enough? If the MVP is the BEST player on the BEST team, why the hell would it be Nash? Utah Jazz > Phoenix Suns. Someone, PLEASE make some points and argue what I'm saying with LOGIC...

I never said Nash was the best. I said Nash is sole player who makes D'Antoni's system work, which no other point guard could do in the NBA. Rating players is always subjective, as you should know seeing as how every time you say Kobe is the best, there is always someone there to tell you that you are wrong.

We'll see how the Suns stand after game 2 tonight.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »

I never said Nash was the best. I said Nash is sole player who makes D'Antoni's system work, which no other point guard could do in the NBA. Rating players is always subjective, as you should know seeing as how every time you say Kobe is the best, there is always someone there to tell you that you are wrong.

I never heard anyone deny Kobe was the best in reality, not even his biggest haters. How do you know if no other point guard could run D'Antoni's system? I'm willing to bet that the Suns with Jason Kidd or Baron David or Tony Parker or any top point guard would fare just as well, if not better...Nobody can prove it, but I strongly believe that, and it's definitely not irrational, especially considering the point I've been making about Nash's major inflation in stats at the age of 31 when stepping into D'Antoni's system...PeACe

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 06:36:09 PM »

I never heard anyone deny Kobe was the best in reality, not even his biggest haters. How do you know if no other point guard could run D'Antoni's system? I'm willing to bet that the Suns with Jason Kidd or Baron David or Tony Parker or any top point guard would fare just as well, if not better...Nobody can prove it, but I strongly believe that, and it's definitely not irrational, especially considering the point I've been making about Nash's major inflation in stats at the age of 31 when stepping into D'Antoni's system...PeACe

But if the best player on the best team should win the MVP, then how is Kobe the best?

All jokes aside though, Nash has the awareness and experience to run an effective offense anywhere he goes. It's the system that D'Antoni has set up that lets Nash have free reign. Stats don't accumulate for no reason, they accumulate because players are making plays. I'm sure other point guards could run an effective offense with the system, but Nash does it to a T.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »

But if the best player on the best team should win the MVP, then how is Kobe the best?

All jokes aside though, Nash has the awareness and experience to run an effective offense anywhere he goes. It's the system that D'Antoni has set up that lets Nash have free reign. Stats don't accumulate for no reason, they accumulate because players are making plays. I'm sure other point guards could run an effective offense with the system, but Nash does it to a T.

Yeah, you can't front on Nash. Nash's court vision is the best in the league, and he also happens to be a top 5 shooter in the NBA. You combine that with his ball handling skills, footwork, and ability to get to the hole and you have the best PG in the league hands down. I don't think even Jason Kidd can do what Nash does in Phoenix's offense. It works because of Nash's ability to shoot, his ability to use his footwork to get in the paint and his court vision.

If you use the system to discredit Nash, then you can use the triangle "system" to discredit Kobe, or even Shaq for that matter, who had by far his best season's under Phil's system. Magic had his most successful year's under Riley's showtime system. Jordan had his most success under Phil's system. Any competent coach will devise a system to maximize the talent of his star players. If you're going to knock Nash for that, you also have to knock the legends I just mentioned previously.

I think the one legitimate issue that people should have is the 2005-2006 MVP. Kobe should have gotten it period point blank that year and I don't think you can really argue against that. The 2004-2005 MVP was a tossup between Nash and Shaq, but Kobe hands down should have won it last season with Lebron as a runner up.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »

They were at that point...They had beaten every good team in the league and were 13 games above .500 before the all-star break. The only thing hilarious is you posting in this section as if you have some sort of credibility. 99% of your posts in here are directed towards me, and 100% of them contain no facts.

If you weren't such a retard I wouldn't have to clown on you so bad.  You're forcing my hand here doggie.