Author Topic: Bill Russell & Larry Bird says Nash for MVP  (Read 561 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Bill Russell & Larry Bird says Nash for MVP
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 08:34:02 PM »
LMAO at NIK getting smashed on in every thread lol.

teecee

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »
Why don't you guys get at me when you have some actual arguments? And "NASH IS THE BEST" is NOT an argument. Until then, I will keep letting everyone know that Nash is the most overrated player of all time...1 rebound would have bounced the "MVP" out of the 1st round last season. And he WILL be bounced in the 2nd round once again...where will the Suns be after that? A team that can't do shit in the playoffs. The Suns are good, but are they good enough? If the MVP is the BEST player on the BEST team, why the hell would it be Nash? Utah Jazz > Phoenix Suns. Someone, PLEASE make some points and argue what I'm saying with LOGIC...

You talk about real arguments, but your argument is "I refuse to believe NAsh all of a sudden transformed into an MVP" blah blah blah.  Doesn't sound like a valid argument to me.  Nash had TWO great years BEFORE he came to Phoenix, but i guess that was all Nowitzki. 

teecee

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 10:23:14 PM »

NIK has been straight getting smashed on in every section of this forum since always man.  HThe funny thing is he can't see how stupid his posts are.  He talks about facts, but his posts are usually just opinion based. 

FACTS for NIK:  Nash is of the best free throw shooters (90%, one of the best ever), shoots a higher percentage from the field than any other guard (53% on 2's. 45% on 3's).........he also has a great assist to turnover ration; all this means he is the MOST EFFICENT player in the NBA, and isn't that what it is all about?  Bball is a game of possessions, and Nash rarely fucks up.  Or should i say, D"antoni rarel;y fucks up.

As for Parker being as good as Nash, check his assists, its not even close.  Plus, Parker plays even less than Nash.   Kidd is amazing, one of my favourites (i actually like him more than Nash), but dude CANNOT shoot.   

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2007, 11:39:37 PM »
Why don't you guys get at me when you have some actual arguments? And "NASH IS THE BEST" is NOT an argument. Until then, I will keep letting everyone know that Nash is the most overrated player of all time...1 rebound would have bounced the "MVP" out of the 1st round last season. And he WILL be bounced in the 2nd round once again...where will the Suns be after that? A team that can't do shit in the playoffs. The Suns are good, but are they good enough? If the MVP is the BEST player on the BEST team, why the hell would it be Nash? Utah Jazz > Phoenix Suns. Someone, PLEASE make some points and argue what I'm saying with LOGIC...

I never said Nash was the best. I said Nash is sole player who makes D'Antoni's system work, which no other point guard could do in the NBA. Rating players is always subjective, as you should know seeing as how every time you say Kobe is the best, there is always someone there to tell you that you are wrong.

We'll see how the Suns stand after game 2 tonight.

I never heard anyone deny Kobe was the best in reality, not even his biggest haters. How do you know if no other point guard could run D'Antoni's system? I'm willing to bet that the Suns with Jason Kidd or Baron David or Tony Parker or any top point guard would fare just as well, if not better...Nobody can prove it, but I strongly believe that, and it's definitely not irrational, especially considering the point I've been making about Nash's major inflation in stats at the age of 31 when stepping into D'Antoni's system...PeACe

But if the best player on the best team should win the MVP, then how is Kobe the best?

All jokes aside though, Nash has the awareness and experience to run an effective offense anywhere he goes. It's the system that D'Antoni has set up that lets Nash have free reign. Stats don't accumulate for no reason, they accumulate because players are making plays. I'm sure other point guards could run an effective offense with the system, but Nash does it to a T.

I never said the MVP is the best player on the best team...And I don't think Nash is weak, I just think he is overrated and that any top notch point guard would be able to run Phoenix's  stat-inflating system, "7 seconds or less", drawn up by D'Antoni. The people getting all touchy about that are RIDICULOUS.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2007, 11:41:56 PM »

I never said Nash was the best. I said Nash is sole player who makes D'Antoni's system work, which no other point guard could do in the NBA. Rating players is always subjective, as you should know seeing as how every time you say Kobe is the best, there is always someone there to tell you that you are wrong.

I never heard anyone deny Kobe was the best in reality, not even his biggest haters. How do you know if no other point guard could run D'Antoni's system? I'm willing to bet that the Suns with Jason Kidd or Baron David or Tony Parker or any top point guard would fare just as well, if not better...Nobody can prove it, but I strongly believe that, and it's definitely not irrational, especially considering the point I've been making about Nash's major inflation in stats at the age of 31 when stepping into D'Antoni's system...PeACe

But if the best player on the best team should win the MVP, then how is Kobe the best?

All jokes aside though, Nash has the awareness and experience to run an effective offense anywhere he goes. It's the system that D'Antoni has set up that lets Nash have free reign. Stats don't accumulate for no reason, they accumulate because players are making plays. I'm sure other point guards could run an effective offense with the system, but Nash does it to a T.

Yeah, you can't front on Nash. Nash's court vision is the best in the league, and he also happens to be a top 5 shooter in the NBA. You combine that with his ball handling skills, footwork, and ability to get to the hole and you have the best PG in the league hands down. I don't think even Jason Kidd can do what Nash does in Phoenix's offense. It works because of Nash's ability to shoot, his ability to use his footwork to get in the paint and his court vision.

If you use the system to discredit Nash, then you can use the triangle "system" to discredit Kobe, or even Shaq for that matter, who had by far his best season's under Phil's system. Magic had his most successful year's under Riley's showtime system. Jordan had his most success under Phil's system. Any competent coach will devise a system to maximize the talent of his star players. If you're going to knock Nash for that, you also have to knock the legends I just mentioned previously.

I think the one legitimate issue that people should have is the 2005-2006 MVP. Kobe should have gotten it period point blank that year and I don't think you can really argue against that. The 2004-2005 MVP was a tossup between Nash and Shaq, but Kobe hands down should have won it last season with Lebron as a runner up.

The point is Nash is an excellent OFFENSIVE weapon. IMO, that style of basketball will NEVER be good enough to win a championship...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »
^^Yea, cuz what I'm saying is so "shocking" and makes absolutely no sense. LOL. It's hilarious what these morons call "replies". If you wanna respond, then contradict what I'm saying...It's obvious that you have nothing to say. You're on phillyboy's level.

LOL, remember when you said the Lakers were an elite team?  That was funny as fuck.

They were at that point...They had beaten every good team in the league and were 13 games above .500 before the all-star break. The only thing hilarious is you posting in this section as if you have some sort of credibility. 99% of your posts in here are directed towards me, and 100% of them contain no facts.

If you weren't such a retard I wouldn't have to clown on you so bad.  You're forcing my hand here doggie.

You post too much without saying shit. You can't even say anything relavant to the topic, because you're fuckin clueless, son. But I don't expect any more than that from you in this section.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 11:45:02 PM »

You talk about real arguments, but your argument is "I refuse to believe NAsh all of a sudden transformed into an MVP" blah blah blah.  Doesn't sound like a valid argument to me.  Nash had TWO great years BEFORE he came to Phoenix, but i guess that was all Nowitzki. 

Was Nash anywhere close to an MVP caliber player before D'Antoni's system? Think about it, and get back to me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 11:47:13 PM »

NIK has been straight getting smashed on in every section of this forum since always man.  HThe funny thing is he can't see how stupid his posts are.  He talks about facts, but his posts are usually just opinion based. 

FACTS for NIK:  Nash is of the best free throw shooters (90%, one of the best ever), shoots a higher percentage from the field than any other guard (53% on 2's. 45% on 3's).........he also has a great assist to turnover ration; all this means he is the MOST EFFICENT player in the NBA, and isn't that what it is all about?  Bball is a game of possessions, and Nash rarely fucks up.  Or should i say, D"antoni rarel;y fucks up.

As for Parker being as good as Nash, check his assists, its not even close.  Plus, Parker plays even less than Nash.   Kidd is amazing, one of my favourites (i actually like him more than Nash), but dude CANNOT shoot.   

Yea, it's just too bad you forgot the most important part of the game...Defense, muthafucka. Nash has NONE. If I'm always getting smashed on, and I'm smashing on you, that don't say to much about your arguments, now do it?

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2007, 12:04:05 AM »

Yea, it's just too bad you forgot the most important part of the game...Defense, muthafucka. Nash has NONE. If I'm always getting smashed on, and I'm smashing on you, that don't say to much about your arguments, now do it?

"now do it?" lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2007, 12:08:23 AM »
Another one of those hicks from the farms, huh?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »
^^Yea, cuz what I'm saying is so "shocking" and makes absolutely no sense. LOL. It's hilarious what these morons call "replies". If you wanna respond, then contradict what I'm saying...It's obvious that you have nothing to say. You're on phillyboy's level.

LOL, remember when you said the Lakers were an elite team?  That was funny as fuck.

They were at that point...They had beaten every good team in the league and were 13 games above .500 before the all-star break. The only thing hilarious is you posting in this section as if you have some sort of credibility. 99% of your posts in here are directed towards me, and 100% of them contain no facts.

If you weren't such a retard I wouldn't have to clown on you so bad.  You're forcing my hand here doggie.

You post too much without saying shit. You can't even say anything relavant to the topic, because you're fuckin clueless, son. But I don't expect any more than that from you in this section.

nuh uh, you post too much without saying shit :nahnah2:

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »

Yeah, you can't front on Nash. Nash's court vision is the best in the league, and he also happens to be a top 5 shooter in the NBA. You combine that with his ball handling skills, footwork, and ability to get to the hole and you have the best PG in the league hands down. I don't think even Jason Kidd can do what Nash does in Phoenix's offense. It works because of Nash's ability to shoot, his ability to use his footwork to get in the paint and his court vision.

If you use the system to discredit Nash, then you can use the triangle "system" to discredit Kobe, or even Shaq for that matter, who had by far his best season's under Phil's system. Magic had his most successful year's under Riley's showtime system. Jordan had his most success under Phil's system. Any competent coach will devise a system to maximize the talent of his star players. If you're going to knock Nash for that, you also have to knock the legends I just mentioned previously.

I think the one legitimate issue that people should have is the 2005-2006 MVP. Kobe should have gotten it period point blank that year and I don't think you can really argue against that. The 2004-2005 MVP was a tossup between Nash and Shaq, but Kobe hands down should have won it last season with Lebron as a runner up.

The point is Nash is an excellent OFFENSIVE weapon. IMO, that style of basketball will NEVER be good enough to win a championship...PeACe

Magic was not an elite defender and we won 5 rings with him. Tony Parker is not an elite defender yet Spurs have won 2 rings with him at PG. What those teams had is solid interior defenders. Solid interior defense is more crucial to winning championships. Even with the Bulls and Jordan and Pippen's solid perimeter d, if it wasn't for Rodman and Grant's excellent interior defense, those teams would not have won either. If Stoudemire ever becomes an elite defender, Phoenix would be scary.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2007, 11:00:32 AM »

Magic was not an elite defender and we won 5 rings with him. Tony Parker is not an elite defender yet Spurs have won 2 rings with him at PG. What those teams had is solid interior defenders. Solid interior defense is more crucial to winning championships. Even with the Bulls and Jordan and Pippen's solid perimeter d, if it wasn't for Rodman and Grant's excellent interior defense, those teams would not have won either. If Stoudemire ever becomes an elite defender, Phoenix would be scary.

LMAO@Stoudemire becoming an elite defender...Dude gets overpowered on the box almost every time, if he doesn't pick up the occasional block, he's fucked. Magic wasn't an elite defender, but at least he could play good defense. Nash isn't even capable of doing that on his best day. Mark my words, without some major shake-ups, Phoenix will NEVER win a title...PeACe
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:38:13 AM by Now_I_Know »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2007, 11:08:38 AM »

LMAO@Stoudemire becoming an elite defender...Dude gets overpowered on the box almost every time, if he doesn't pick up the occasional block, he's fucked. Magic wasn't an elite defender, but atst he could play good defense. Nash isn't even capable of doing that on his best day. Mark my words, without some major shake-ups, Phoenix will NEVER win a title...PeACe

blah blah blah....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2007, 11:37:42 AM »
^^This is how his brain reads it. :laugh: