Author Topic: Dre's Top Dogg beats vs Dre's Blue Carpet Treatment beats  (Read 569 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Dre's Top Dogg beats vs Dre's Blue Carpet Treatment beats
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 12:27:03 PM »
I was reading some old posts on here about Dre's beats on Blue Carpet Treatment. Most people like them but alot thought they were bland or average or just not up to standard. So I was listening Top Dogg and the beats by Dre on that are good but IMO they don't compare to the beats on 2001. And Dre said he recorded over 70 tracks for 2001 and the 3 Snoop tracks are 2001 leftovers. So I was wondering which beats do you guys like better. Both albums have 3 Dre tracks.

Top Dogg- Buck Em: Nice guitar loop, Bitch Please- simple beat, but nice, Just Dippin-  8)

Blue Carpet- Boss Life: Dope piano, Round Here- sick ass beat with booming bassline, Imagine- nice, mellow track

You could say the same for Last Meal as it had True Lies, Hennessey N Buddah, and Lay Low. The beats on Last Meal are probably my favorite, but I am still undecided on the other 2.

I'm wondering if the Last Meal Dre beats were leftovers cause Hen and Buddah is a hell of a leftover

You think so? That is a awesome beat he did for that. True Lies was cool and Lay Low is classic to me. If it is I wish that is a cold leftover beat.

Last Meal Dre beats are the best out of the 3 albums, I think Dre sequenced the songs on the first half of the album as well as mixing it so the album has a nice flow to it, I keep going back and forth between Last Meal and Doggfather as Snoop's 2nd best effort

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »
Top Dogg I just love that Bitch Please

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 12:37:17 PM »
I was reading some old posts on here about Dre's beats on Blue Carpet Treatment. Most people like them but alot thought they were bland or average or just not up to standard. So I was listening Top Dogg and the beats by Dre on that are good but IMO they don't compare to the beats on 2001. And Dre said he recorded over 70 tracks for 2001 and the 3 Snoop tracks are 2001 leftovers. So I was wondering which beats do you guys like better. Both albums have 3 Dre tracks.

Top Dogg- Buck Em: Nice guitar loop, Bitch Please- simple beat, but nice, Just Dippin-  8)

Blue Carpet- Boss Life: Dope piano, Round Here- sick ass beat with booming bassline, Imagine- nice, mellow track

You could say the same for Last Meal as it had True Lies, Hennessey N Buddah, and Lay Low. The beats on Last Meal are probably my favorite, but I am still undecided on the other 2.

I'm wondering if the Last Meal Dre beats were leftovers cause Hen and Buddah is a hell of a leftover

You think so? That is a awesome beat he did for that. True Lies was cool and Lay Low is classic to me. If it is I wish that is a cold leftover beat.

Last Meal Dre beats are the best out of the 3 albums, I think Dre sequenced the songs on the first half of the album as well as mixing it so the album has a nice flow to it, I keep going back and forth between Last Meal and Doggfather as Snoop's 2nd best effort

Same here. It is easily the most work Dre has put into a Snoop album since Doggystyle. That album had insane beats on it and the sound was clean and the bass was thumping on it. I blew out some subwoofers to Set It Off.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »
Top Dogg I just love that Bitch Please
8)

rik

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »
Top Dogg, no contest

Yup, "Just Dippin" is one of my favorite Dre beats.

Okka

Paul

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »
Top Dogg, no contest

yup, buc em, bitch please =  8) just dippin - classic
funkyfreshintheflesh

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 04:23:53 PM »
mmm... who did the hook for Crazy on the blue carpet treatment... that shit was magic... the beat is just LBC

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 08:30:06 PM »
sometimes yall go way to far with the hypotheticals...

"WHAT IF DRE PRODUCED DAZ NEXT ALBUM"

"WHAT IF DRE STAYED ON DEATHROW"

"WHAT IF DRE BOOTLEGGED HIS OWN VAULTS"

I bet anyone of those threads would get pages of replies...the reason the west cant get on like they supposed to is because the fans are living in the past.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
sometimes yall go way to far with the hypotheticals...

"WHAT IF DRE PRODUCED DAZ NEXT ALBUM"

"WHAT IF DRE STAYED ON DEATHROW"

"WHAT IF DRE BOOTLEGGED HIS OWN VAULTS"

I bet anyone of those threads would get pages of replies...the reason the west cant get on like they supposed to is because the fans are living in the past.

I don't know who that comment is for, but I did the thread to get people's opinion on Dre's beats.