Author Topic: Crookied I ..Gunit interscope true story  (Read 1678 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crookied I ..Gunit interscope true story
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 10:11:33 PM »
for sure....if you would invest 10 million dollars in crook im sure he would sell 200 or 300k. 8)..(not mentioning the possibility that the album still wouldnt come out because of legal problems with suge knight or other people and stupid treacherous bosses who have no history of releasing anything and all the other million things in the music industry that can fuck up your business)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:13:32 PM by Inmate »

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 07:43:35 PM »
crooked i not a good song writer???

i heared him talk about money clothes and hoes alot better then alot of these artists.......

fuck song writing its all about hooks ??? if crooked i can get akon/t pain and a storch/timbo/dr dre beat u dont think he would blow??
 "SHAKE THAT LAFFY TAFFY THAT LAFFY TAFFY?" lemme see u bounce like a limp and let your shoulddderrrrrr leannnnnnnn
meeet me at the malllllllllllll its going downnnnnnnnnnnnn   
all about hooks .. somebody mentioned krs one hes good but doesnt write radio friendly songs... if crooked even comes out with a Laffy taffy song he's gathered enough respect in my book
he burned 50 on his own song im heading straight to the bank, i cant even listen to that 50 track no more after croooked killed it

Crunkadelic

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »
If some corp can pump money into crooked i's project this motherfucker will go 10 times platnium ..lets me honest he got the skills but offcourse his shit wont shine as hard because he dont ave that interscope  $$$ ..which is sad but shit...crooked i is the best in the west...u got artists out there who get solid budgets and still come out dudu ....someone give crooked i some millions lets get the left coast cracking!!

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)

I think Jay's Kingdom come album is good example that even if a record label puts several dollars behind a project, itll still sell BENEATH its expectations.

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 11:29:40 PM »
You can't compare 50 to Crooked I........50 got his buzz with how to rob, then he got shot, and then had the paublicity with the beef with Ja....50 got the charisma that the mainstream like...Plus NY have a huge mixtape scene.

Crooked I has skills....he also can make songs without his punchline reputation/killa flow. Theres no questioning that. But I do believe Crooked I had his buzz 5 years ago, and now hes trying to get it back with his hip hop weekly and what not, but will not be enough to do major figures.....Maybe independantly if he plays his cards right might do well, and give Crooked I some real $$$, but I think he would be lucky to push more 100,000 on a major....

I mean I hope he does prove me wrong, but realistically I don't think he will....I mean been in the game for over 10 years and has dropped little more than mixtapes and weekly freestyle on top of about 100 interviews.....Thats not getting you nowhere, and Definately not a BOSS/COB or whatever he wants to call himself.

But like I said I hope he proves me wrong, but I see Detox coming out before a Crooked I album (You know Detox been in the making for like 5+ years and is suppose to come out definately this year just like Crooked I).

Suge killed his buzz, so if I were him I would stick Independant, 'cause his name is known enough in the underground and industry heads for him to do well Indy.

wcsoldier

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 12:26:27 AM »
Crooked I won't never release an album because he makes bad moves at bad times.. lol at not droppin an album coz he's not a good song writer.. there are tons of rappers neither lyricist or songwriter , who release an album

XaNdEr

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 01:28:13 AM »
Crooked I with 50 Cent and/or Dre's assistance would be great..

Crooked I is a great lyricist but he isn't a great song writer. And the reason why some of your favorite rappers aren't selling these days is because they aren't writing good songs.

50 is a great song writer.. Jay-Z is a great song writer. So if Crooked gets assistance from a song writter than he can do well.

Ok and you have SPider in your sig  :laugh: so basically your opinion of good rappers or song writers means nothing.

And that is why he probably never will drop an album.  :)

1. You mad at me cuz of the DipCC thing.
2. Just cause i enjoy a mixtape from someone doesn't mean i can't say anything about some other rapper.
3. You can't quote.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 02:01:40 AM »
Anyone could go platinum off of an Interscope budget. The real question is, is Crooked I worthy of an Interscope type budget? Personally, I think he is, but in all realism, he won't get it. Crook is better off sticking to the underground formula until he hits mainstrem success like everyone else. Keep hoping and wishing that he'll get a big budget, but in the end, that is as far as he'll get until he releases an album. Regardless of how his album does, if Crook deserves a lucrative album deal, he'll get it. Right now is his time to show and prove. No amount of fandom backing a big budget will ever amount to anything.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 03:37:40 PM »
Crooked I with 50 Cent and/or Dre's assistance would be great..

Crooked I is a great lyricist but he isn't a great song writer. And the reason why some of your favorite rappers aren't selling these days is because they aren't writing good songs.

50 is a great song writer.. Jay-Z is a great song writer. So if Crooked gets assistance from a song writter than he can do well.

LMAO..  Check out My Life, check out Auphelia Payne.  HE ISNT A GOOD SONGWRITER?!?! Wtf are u smoking....

XaNdEr

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 10:55:29 PM »
^ These are not great songs, good concepts, good lyrics, but it takes more then just that for a good mainstream record, which is what the thread is about. Take 50 Cent's In Da Club lyrics, not really a deep song, we can all agree on that, but it does what it need it do, entertain through simple, appealing lyrics.

I don't see Crooked I make such lyrics.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 10:59:58 PM »
I think Crooked I is on lock...however, he past his bedtime.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]