Author Topic: Eve talks about the Dre situation  (Read 721 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Eve talks about the Dre situation
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I've got mad respect for Eve for doing that. If she thinks her music was good by itself - why let Dre water it down into some prototype bullshit?

I'm pretty curious about her album! Does anyone know when it's dropping?

yeah truth....like other dude said aswell, she was getting created an image by dre she felt she no longer was....so why play it....it aint gonna help her sales in todays world so be real anyway.......

lol@dre wanted everything to be gangsta and 'mudded' whether it be eve or rakim!

lol

still dre my fav producer!haha

pz!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 03:34:33 PM »
^^ Dre has actually been giving out Detox leftovers or rejects ever since GRODT dropped, I remember how he said that he gave 50 6 Detox leftovers. All his production from Massacre, Doc, Jay, Snoop, Buck, Nas, Encore.... has been nothing but leftovers or old sounds mixed differently. And who can blame him, theyre still better than most of the production out right now.

The cd he experimented the most since GRODT is by far The Big Bang, I cant believe how people cant see that. And by people I mean you Lyrical G  :P

first of all if you really believe EVERY beat he produced for massacre, doc, jay, snoop, buck, nas and encore are all detox left overs your an idiot...second of all i do know that he gave some of his 'detox session+leftover' beats to alot of those people you mentioned....for example....grodt got beats which were meant to for detox, game got beats which were meant for detox, snoop got a beat which was meant for detox.....buck got left over beats period....encore got a beat which was meant for detox....BUT if you think thats all these niggaz got you wrong....dre was in the studio creating music for these niggaz and beats which would match there music....you think how we do and first track from documentary for for detox? its obvious how we do had 50/game written all over it....the westside story joint was originally made for game to be put on a OST and then changed cuz they felt it was too good....encore with eminem....they worked 2 weeks flat on making beats soley intended for that album....not every beat is made with detox in mind....

Next...what are you talking about making assumptions like i cannot see shit?.........I agree that the stuff dre did on big bang was the most experimental shit dre has done since grodt....when did i say something else?....what you talking about?...

NOW most experimental does not automatically mean best....the beats dre gave game were much better....ofcourse you fail to see this since you have been dissmissing most things game for a long time now....BUT the beats on documentary were greater than the beats of big bang.....BUT the beats of big bang were more experimental...in some cases....I agree.......

Now about what i said about eve's shit....when i said they would not suit her because they were not fly enough...i mean they did not have such a 'hollywood' sound....eve needs more feminine shit or shit which is crisper....big bang beats were dark....which is dope but it aint eve beats....

I already said, big bang is a nice CD but is nothing amazing....

i do not know where you make such accusations against me, but i felt the need to back my case just incase you start some hate parade against a real nigga LyRiCaL_G :laugh:

pz

Lol man, I was just kidding around a lil bit, didnt mean anythign serious with it thats why I added the  :P

About the beats we all have our different taste but to me beats on Enocre, Massacre + Massacre Speical edition + GRODT OST, Big Bang and Kingdom Come were better than the beats on the Doc.

You mentioned "Westside Story", which was just a looped version of old elements from In Da Club and Still D.R.E. How We Do was great, almost perfect, Start From Scratch sounded like the beats he did for Bad Boys 2 OST mixed together and that Mary J. track was pure crap.

Oh and I mentioned you and Big Bang because Ive noticed you saying plenty times how Dres input wasnt great or as good as Documentary and how those 2 dissapointed for 3 years of waiting.. Like I said for me its the best since GRODT.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:37:34 PM by Timbo the king »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »
^^ Dre has actually been giving out Detox leftovers or rejects ever since GRODT dropped, I remember how he said that he gave 50 6 Detox leftovers. All his production from Massacre, Doc, Jay, Snoop, Buck, Nas, Encore.... has been nothing but leftovers or old sounds mixed differently. And who can blame him, theyre still better than most of the production out right now.

The cd he experimented the most since GRODT is by far The Big Bang, I cant believe how people cant see that. And by people I mean you Lyrical G  :P

first of all if you really believe EVERY beat he produced for massacre, doc, jay, snoop, buck, nas and encore are all detox left overs your an idiot...second of all i do know that he gave some of his 'detox session+leftover' beats to alot of those people you mentioned....for example....grodt got beats which were meant to for detox, game got beats which were meant for detox, snoop got a beat which was meant for detox.....buck got left over beats period....encore got a beat which was meant for detox....BUT if you think thats all these niggaz got you wrong....dre was in the studio creating music for these niggaz and beats which would match there music....you think how we do and first track from documentary for for detox? its obvious how we do had 50/game written all over it....the westside story joint was originally made for game to be put on a OST and then changed cuz they felt it was too good....encore with eminem....they worked 2 weeks flat on making beats soley intended for that album....not every beat is made with detox in mind....

Next...what are you talking about making assumptions like i cannot see shit?.........I agree that the stuff dre did on big bang was the most experimental shit dre has done since grodt....when did i say something else?....what you talking about?...

NOW most experimental does not automatically mean best....the beats dre gave game were much better....ofcourse you fail to see this since you have been dissmissing most things game for a long time now....BUT the beats on documentary were greater than the beats of big bang.....BUT the beats of big bang were more experimental...in some cases....I agree.......

Now about what i said about eve's shit....when i said they would not suit her because they were not fly enough...i mean they did not have such a 'hollywood' sound....eve needs more feminine shit or shit which is crisper....big bang beats were dark....which is dope but it aint eve beats....

I already said, big bang is a nice CD but is nothing amazing....

i do not know where you make such accusations against me, but i felt the need to back my case just incase you start some hate parade against a real nigga LyRiCaL_G :laugh:

pz

Lol man, I was just kidding around a lil bit, didnt mean anythign serious with it thats why I added the  :P

About the beats we all have our different taste but to me beats on Enocre, Massacre + Massacre Speical edition + GRODT OST, Big Bang and Kingdom Come were better than the beats on the Doc.

You mentioned "Westside Story", which was just a looped version of old elements from In Da Club and Still D.R.E. How We Do was great, almost perfect, Start From Scratch sounded like the beats he did for Bad Boys 2 OST mixed together and that Mary J. track was pure crap.

Oh and I mentioned you and Big Bang because Ive noticed you saying plenty times how Dres input wasnt great or as good as Documentary and how those 2 dissapointed for 3 years of waiting.. Like I said for me its the best since GRODT.

yeah fo sho thats straight, but to me its like this.....grodt=beats beats dre did since .....grodt......then documentary....i think westside story bangs, was repetitive but bangs...how we do was great for a club joint....start from scratch was the best of them all....dre and storch=greatness....detox worthy.....mary j beat was hella underrated, but akon did it better.....

massacre = special edition were weak....

encore beats ranged form dope to decent to garbage....

jigga beats were horrible simple and boring....simple can be great when dre does it, but these were weak...snoop beats were weak, buck beats were horrible....and big bang were like encore, ranged from dope to average...

that is how i see it

pz

p.s....I agree and stand by my statement that big bang was not worth 3 years of wait, it was over organised which does not suit music....dre input was strange....like busta spit great top to bottom on the record....but to someone who has followed busta a long ass time, he left too much shit off the album to call it a busta/dre album....it was more like "busta you do this" album........pz
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:47:18 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 11:37:41 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I've got mad respect for Eve for doing that. If she thinks her music was good by itself - why let Dre water it down into some prototype bullshit?
Truth. But she should of realized that that was exactly what was going to happen when she signed to Aftermath.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »
EVE fucked on Flixx
I checked them...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 03:59:07 AM »
From reading that article, i think Eve wasn't happy with the image that Dre wanted her to play... It sounds like Dre wanted her to play some gangsta-hoe role, and Eve wants to stay pop-friendly..

but i thought she was a "ryde or die bitch"  ;)

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »
From reading that article, i think Eve wasn't happy with the image that Dre wanted her to play... It sounds like Dre wanted her to play some gangsta-hoe role, and Eve wants to stay pop-friendly..

but i thought she was a "ryde or die bitch"  ;)

lol how long ago was that?

We Fly High

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 07:13:24 PM »
damn, that one song Eve had on the bulworth soundtrack is the hardest female rap EVER. and prob like 95% better than most male raps too, haha. that was a crazy ass song.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 09:44:42 PM »
damn, that one song Eve had on the bulworth soundtrack is the hardest female rap EVER. and prob like 95% better than most male raps too, haha. that was a crazy ass song.

Im glad someone besides me remembers Eve of Destruction. That beat was so fucking hard. It wasn't a Dre track but it sounded just like one.