Author Topic: Best Master P album?  (Read 461 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Best Master P album?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 06:08:30 AM »
Actually, that was kind of clever how they used that Rakim sample and made it into, "Make crack like this".

Anyway... back in No Limit prime, it was funny, cause every album would have like one dope song on it, and they would put that song first or second, so you would sample the album, hear that song and buy it... later you would listen to the whole thing and maybe regret it. 

Some example's of that are Fiends album where he has "Feel My Pain" at the beggining... or Silk's album where he had "Throw Your Hood Up" as the second track I think, and their were many others like this.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:32:17 AM »
No Limit's marketing plan was genius. One of the greatest labels of all time, not just for sales, but the simple fact they were able to give ample promo time for their artists, and even the non headliner acts were 2, 3 albums deep on the label. How many labels can say that? They are cleaning house every year in some cases. And their promotion was simple. And they had a production crew. Kind of built in the same way as Rap-A-Lot but executed 10 times better.

As for P's best albums, I would have to say Ghetto Dope and Tha Last Don. TLD was the last big budget album from that label and the production on it was top notch.

everlast1986

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 08:21:49 AM »
somebody hook up da last don

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 08:46:11 AM »
somebody hook up da last don

check ya pm

everlast1986

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »
^props

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 01:17:17 PM »
You all remember TRU - No Limit Soldier?

That was the song that got me into Master P and No Limit.  I was in Basic Training back in 97 when I first heard that track.. after that I was buying up No Limit albums like they were crack.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »
Just wish these dudes had any kind of lyrical talent. Besides Mystikal, Mia & Fiend of course.

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 01:39:42 PM »
You all remember TRU - No Limit Soldier?

That was the song that got me into Master P and No Limit.  I was in Basic Training back in 97 when I first heard that track.. after that I was buying up No Limit albums like they were crack.

That was a cold ass beat for that song too. I liked that double album. That album was the one that kicked off they run in the rap game on a nationwide scale.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 02:51:38 PM »
Don't sleep on the first Tru album.  Also the I'm Bout It movie and soundtrack is a must. 

97 and 98 were two good fucking years for me and No Limit was like the fucking anthem.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »
I bought like every no limit album that came out from 97-99 except for like Kane & Abel and Fiend. The first 504 Boyz albums is one of my favorites.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 11:21:55 PM »
I bought like every no limit album that came out from 97-99 except for like Kane & Abel and Fiend. The first 504 Boyz albums is one of my favorites.

Yea I bought alot of them.. need to dig through my CD's and see which ones I did buy but I do know I have most of the Master P albums, 2 Silk Da Shocker albums, a Fiend album, a Soulja Slim album, TRU album, 2 504 Boyz albums & 2 Magic albums.. that's all I can think of off the top of my head but I might have more.

HELL CENTROCA

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 11:26:31 PM »
DA LAST DON...... SILK THE SHOCKER'S FIRST ALBUM WAS NO LIMIT AT IT'S BEST UNTIL SNOOP CAME THRU AND MADE IT HARD.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 12:49:08 PM »
I love Ghetto Dope - that's my favourite No Limit album. Ice Cream Man is good too.

ghetto d OR ice cream man

Narrator

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 02:05:07 PM »
I never really liked No Limit (I considered their sound a bastardized version of G-Funk mixed with Southern bass music), but I do remember enjoying P's "Ice Cream Man" album back in the day.  It was only after he put out "Make Em Say Ugghhhh" that I started to really hate his shit.

On the other hand, my lil brother used to absolutely LOVE No Limit albums and he bought them about as quickly as they got released.  I remember I used to ask him if it bothered him that just about every CD sounded like the last, but he always shot back about how No Limit was the realest shit ever.  Eventually, he did grow up and realized how much money he wasted (100s of $$$$$) buying that shit and admitted how stupid he'd been.

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 02:11:27 PM »
No Limit Records CEO and founder Percy "Master P" Miller is making an effort to transform his image and label, by vowing to turn away from using negative lyrics in the music he makes.

"Personally, I have profited millions of dollars through explicit rap lyrics," Miller told AllHipHop.com in a statement. "I can honestly say that I was once part of the problem and now it's time to be part of the solution. I am ready to take a stand by cleaning up my music and follow my son's footsteps and make a clean rap album."

Miller's declaration comes amid recent criticism of rap music for negative and degrading images.

The Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as well as talk show host Oprah Winfrey have made headlines for their roles in confronting the issue.

As a result, Miller is determined to make a change.

"Al Sharpton and Oprah Winfrey are absolutely right! It's time for us to take a stand and be responsible for our own actions," the mogul said. "I am willing to accept my responsibility. Hip-Hop is about our neighborhoods, the reality of what is going on within them, and dreaming big."

Miller is putting his new outlook into focus with the creation of his new record label, Take A Stand Records.

The company, which is co-founded by the rapper's son Romeo, is currently looking for "Hip-Hop artists with street music without offensive lyrics," according to Miller, who added that a nationwide talent search will be held through his new reality television show, America's Next Hip-Hop Stars.com.

Contestants will be required to take a two-day Hip-Hop business and image course that will be taught by the rap mogul and Curtis Oakes of the MillerOakes Financial Institute.

Proceeds from album sales will go to scholarship funds for underprivileged youth.

To quality for the scholarship, kids must submit a one-page essay that addresses the question "Why is it so important for Hip-Hop artists to clean up their lyrics?"

"Take A Stand Records is about arming our communities with knowledge and putting money and real estate back into our communities. I am collaborating with the NAACP to do my part," said Miller, who commended fellow rap tycoon Russell Simmons on his efforts to clean up rap.

"I am setting up clean Hip-Hop concerts for the kids," Master P said. "We are no longer making typical record distribution deals. We're planning to team up with companies such as Wal-Mart, Target, and other companies that have direct contact with our communities."

Although he acknowledges Hip-Hop's influence, Miller is aware of the challenge that lies ahead.

"The Hip-Hop industry has come a long way. Today, it continues to generate billions of dollars in which corporate America is the main beneficiary. Hip-Hop artists have been able to use their talents in this industry and make a better life for themselves and their families," Miller said. "I believe that it is possible to make a street album without explicit lyrics. I am not expecting the entire industry to change over night but this is one positive step towards the growth of Hip-Hop."

Musically, fans can look forward to Miller's first father and son rap album with Romeo, an effort whose content will be, as Miller described, "all clean"

The release, titled Hip-Hop History, is slated to hit stores this fall.

For details on the Take A Stand Records scholarship, visit TakeAStandRecords.com.

his upcoming album has a place reserved for best master p album given that it's "clean" ::)