Author Topic: Pat Riley finally realizes Shaq isn't a leader  (Read 345 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Pat Riley finally realizes Shaq isn't a leader
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 04:18:20 AM »
:o

Shaq's indifference leading to trade?
Posted: Monday May 07, 2007 07:23AM ET

No one really wants to talk about it, but the Heat's main issue is the decline of Shaquille O'Neal with three years left on his contract at $20 million per season. Miami insiders said not only was O'Neal indifferent to the regular season, as usual, and this time had knee surgery, but he'd even go so far as to tell teammates not to bother with defense, apparently to not make his own indifference look bad. Frankly, it's difficult to see many teams that would even take a chance on him. Would Dallas panic and take a last shot with Shaq? Maybe for Erick Dampier, Devin Harris and a sign-and-trade with Jerry Stackhouse to give the Heat some life again?

^ doubt if thats true, but rumors are still entertaining.

Devin? LOL no way. But Shaq's definitely better than Dampier.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 10:36:45 AM »
LMAO@trading for Shaq. :-X

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 01:29:34 PM »
wade got a big head after the championship, too big. he's a god damn good player, but he lost his humbleness.

shaq proved that he can still lead but it's harder for him.....mounting injuries, and probably a disinterest in basketball, 15 years y'all 4 championships, multiple DEEP playoff runs, mvps out the ass.  he's done, but for some reason he's still playing, what for ? i dont' know he's proved all he can prove. he's won without penny and he's won without kobe, what more does he want, his health is on the MAJOR decline.

^ that's why he won last year though, he's still a leader but  but he needs someone to score and take the beatings  but the offense still has to run through him.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »
Last year was a fluke...Heat were the worst champions ever, and Shaq wasn't the deciding factor to begin with. Shaq has been on a major decline since his last championship with the Lakers. There's no way he can now bow out gracefully...How anyone can deny this is amazing to me.

Jake...Shaq said his goal was to retire with at least 6 or 7+ rings, to have a Bill Russellesque legacy when he retires... which will be impossible, considering what he's done with himself over the past 5 years or so.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:24:55 PM by Now_I_Know »