Poll

better album?

MC Eiht - We Come Strapped
16 (27.6%)
DJ Quik - Safe + Sound
42 (72.4%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: We Come Strapped Vs. Safe + Sound  (Read 738 times)

raphead2001

• Lil Geezy
Re: We Come Strapped Vs. Safe + Sound
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
quit dissing and just give yo opinion. and u act like eiht is doing something big. at least you constantly hearing bout quik on every la radio station. u hear bout eiht having a cd and never hear nobody talk about it quik always gotta show so he always making money. he still doing beats and put them out tha same day and see who sell tha most. and i never even heard we come strapped fully so im not even gonna say which one was better. and im not dissing eiht

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 11:05:45 PM »
Safe + sound hand'z down.. not cause im'a Quik fan.. but cause.. the music.. was just on another level..

exactly my reasons, i love we come strapped aswell, but safe and sound is on another level along with rythm al ism to being perfect music

my vote goes to We Come Strapped..............but for the same reason as above. The music was just crazy and unlike anything else i had heard at that time

one thing i really like is that the whole album sounds alike. willie z on the keys, the thick bass lines - it just all adds up to being a West Coast masterpiece

too bad Eiht didnt really follow that template with later releases. he needs to get back to producing aswell - and bring Willie Z and Slip back with him!
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 11:50:57 PM »
yea, i would love to see him start using DJ Slip again
WEST UP

westside159

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
Safe + sound hand'z down.. not cause im'a Quik fan.. but cause.. the music.. was just on another level..

exactly my reasons, i love we come strapped aswell, but safe and sound is on another level along with rythm al ism to being perfect music

my vote goes to We Come Strapped..............but for the same reason as above. The music was just crazy and unlike anything else i had heard at that time

one thing i really like is that the whole album sounds alike. willie z on the keys, the thick bass lines - it just all adds up to being a West Coast masterpiece

too bad Eiht didnt really follow that template with later releases. he needs to get back to producing aswell - and bring Willie Z and Slip back with him!

Hell Geah , WE COME STRAPPED is on a whole way other level , you cant compare a soft , party album talking about PUSSY on every song to a hip hop CLASSIC like WE Come Strapped !! 8) 8)  NIGGAZ THAT KILL  GEAH , BUCC BUCC BUCC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 04:39:48 PM »
safe and sound ofcourse

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

westside159

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »
No contest Safe & sound is a party album talking about eating pussy  etc ..

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 05:46:49 PM »
We Came Straped is a classic but its repeitive and boring at times(same shit over and over again)...Safe + Sound has that fresh, funky feel to it, not to mentiion classic songs such as summer breeze, safe & sound, and dollaz and sense...

Dopeisjay

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
Haha.. you've been watching Menace II society to many time's.. also the killing shit is.. wack.. why talk about killin if u aint gonna do it right??.. i mean.. eiht's never killed anyone..

Hell Geah , WE COME STRAPPED is on a whole way other level , you cant compare a soft , party album talking about PUSSY on every song to a hip hop CLASSIC like WE Come Strapped !! 8) 8)  NIGGAZ THAT KILL  GEAH , BUCC BUCC BUCC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

westside159

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 01:22:10 AM »
Too bad we already know which one is the best by hip hop critics and real MC'S just look ate the album sales bro !!!!!!!!! :-X :-X

WE COME STRAPPED - 94 - #1 ON THA CHARTS FOR 5 WEEKS STREIHT SORRY QUIK GROUPIES ~~~~~~~~

Raphael

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 09:49:51 AM »
Too bad we already know which one is the best by hip hop critics and real MC'S just look ate the album sales bro !!!!!!!!! :-X :-X

WE COME STRAPPED - 94 - #1 ON THA CHARTS FOR 5 WEEKS STREIHT SORRY QUIK GROUPIES ~~~~~~~~

MC EIHT - WE COME STRAPPED = GOLD

DJ Quik - Quik Is The Name = Platinum
DJ Quik - Way 2 Fonky = Gold
DJ Quik - Safe + Sound = Gold
DJ Quik - Rhythm-Al-Ism = Gold

Dopeisjay

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »
haha.. that's all we needed to know.. i also heard ba;ance and options went Gold aswell.. [/quote]

[/quote]

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
haha.. that's all we needed to know.. i also heard ba;ance and options went Gold aswell.. [

Balance and Options didnt go gold but i have heard Rythm-al-ism is close to platinum

Dopeisjay

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 04:43:21 PM »
yeah i heard the same Shit!.. i mentioned it on a post not to long ago.. honestly "Rhythm-Al-Ism" is my fav album of all time.. 
haha.. that's all we needed to know.. i also heard ba;ance and options went Gold aswell.. [

Balance and Options didnt go gold but i have heard Rythm-al-ism is close to platinum

westside159

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »

MC EIHT - WE COME STRAPPED = PLATINUM

MC EIHT - DEATH THREATZ = GOLD

COMPTONS MOST WANTED - MUSIC II DRIVEBY - GOLD

MENACE II SOCIETY -  CLASSIC MOVIE

MENACE - SOUNDTRACC -  2X PLATINUM

OTHER MOVIES - THICKER THAN WATER , 100 KILO'S  , RHYME & REASON , BOYZ N THA HOOD , HIP HOP IMMORTALS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

WAKE YO PUNK AZZ UP FOR THE 2007 SHOT  GEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »

MC EIHT - WE COME STRAPPED = PLATINUM

MC EIHT - DEATH THREATZ = GOLD

COMPTONS MOST WANTED - MUSIC II DRIVEBY - GOLD

MENACE II SOCIETY -  CLASSIC MOVIE

MENACE - SOUNDTRACC -  2X PLATINUM

OTHER MOVIES - THICKER THAN WATER , 100 KILO'S  , RHYME & REASON , BOYZ N THA HOOD , HIP HOP IMMORTALS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

WAKE YO PUNK AZZ UP FOR THE 2007 SHOT  GEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::)

lmao we came straped did not go platinum