Author Topic: NBA Rumors  (Read 467 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA Rumors
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »
We can get Billups in a sign-and-trade...However, it's highly unlikely...I have a feeling we're gunna trade Bynum this offseason if we get JO. :'(
things are we can't be sure about anything.. right now I'd trade Bynum for JO without a doubt.. but I might slap myself if Bynum becomes dominant in 2-3 years.. point is I'd blame the organization if they don't bring help to Kobe right now.. what I want is doing sth, even with the risk it doesn't work...

Based on JO's previous season, trading Bynum for him would be extremely dumb and wont make us a much better team, like you think.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »
Is there a realistic chance for us to somehow get Chancey Billups? He's BY FAR the best PG in the League. Great defender, great clutch shooter, great leader, great scorer. If we could get him somehow...............

^ not by far. Jason kidd IMO is still the best point guard in the league. billips is up there because he's marginally good at every, which makes him a key asset, but Kidd is too much of a monster on the floor at any given time to put anyone above him. Nash  i'd put above billips as well because of his ability to run the floor better and take over the leadership role just as good  if not better than billips.

out of the billips and kidd. i'd probably take billips based on age so in the long run we could build something , but getting kidd would be more effective in the SHORT run. it just depends on what managment wants to do. you can probably win a championship with both but does management want it NOW or later is the question.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »
i say trade Bynum for Oneal and try despretly to sign Billups as well.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 11:21:09 PM »
Is there a realistic chance for us to somehow get Chancey Billups? He's BY FAR the best PG in the League. Great defender, great clutch shooter, great leader, great scorer. If we could get him somehow...............

^ not by far. Jason kidd IMO is still the best point guard in the league. billips is up there because he's marginally good at every, which makes him a key asset, but Kidd is too much of a monster on the floor at any given time to put anyone above him. Nash  i'd put above billips as well because of his ability to run the floor better and take over the leadership role just as good  if not better than billips.

out of the billips and kidd. i'd probably take billips based on age so in the long run we could build something , but getting kidd would be more effective in the SHORT run. it just depends on what managment wants to do. you can probably win a championship with both but does management want it NOW or later is the question.

I said "best playmaker" referred to our situation and to the fact there's a small chance of getting him with the MLE.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 03:45:15 AM »
Mo Williams is the only valuable free agent you can get without a (sign-and-)trade. Billups is not 22 anymore, he needs a big contract, now or never.

I say sign that nigga and trade Odom and Bynum for a superstar. If you think Odom and Bynum is too much, try Odom and Kwame.

If Lakers get an All-Star without trading Odom or Bynum, I'm going to call the league office.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 10:46:51 AM »
I don't think any of these big times scoring big men would want to play in L.A. Kobe is not the guy I'd want as my team anchor.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 12:31:23 PM »
Kobe is cool with KG and JO, and he was cool with Boozer too. I dunno who're the bigs you're talking about but those 3 are pretty "decent". :)

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »
To clarify I don't know how well another superstar caliber player would do as a season long teammate with Kobe.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 03:32:21 PM »
It's all about that damn ring, man. If they'll win one, they'll be like best friends.
If not, one of the two (or both) will start to make excuses and blame the other one.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »
I don't think any of these big times scoring big men would want to play in L.A. Kobe is not the guy I'd want as my team anchor.

LMAO. If only you knew how many are DYING to play with Kobe in LA.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »
Just a very little example: Jason Kidd wanted to be traded to the Lakers (he's not a big man, but i already mentioned 3 good ones, didn't i?)

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »

Sorry I stay forgetting your an NBA insider. They may possibly pick up a star big man, but I doubt it. And I don't think it would be appealing as an NBA player to be a teammate of Kobe's for an entire season. If anything, the Lakers need a competent point guard who doesn't mind not shooting. Who knows whats gonna happen thou.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 06:05:23 PM »

Sorry I stay forgetting your an NBA insider. They may possibly pick up a star big man, but I doubt it. And I don't think it would be appealing as an NBA player to be a teammate of Kobe's for an entire season. If anything, the Lakers need a competent point guard who doesn't mind not shooting. Who knows whats gonna happen thou.

Insider? Isn't that what you called me when I told you that Dirk was most likely winning the MVP? 8)

Anyways, you're wrong about playing for LA with Kobe and Phil not being appealing. In fact, you couldn't be more wrong. And you don't have to be an insider to know that when you live in LA and hear players claiming they'd love the chance to play with Kobe in the newspapers all the damn time.. ::)

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

Insider? Isn't that what you called me when I told you that Dirk was most likely winning the MVP? 8)

Anyways, you're wrong about playing for LA with Kobe and Phil not being appealing. In fact, you couldn't be more wrong. And you don't have to be an insider to know that when you live in LA and hear players claiming they'd love the chance to play with Kobe in the newspapers all the damn time.. ::)

Of course Dirk won the MVP, that was common knowledge, still it's stupid to call it before it happens.

Ok we will see about LA, but it's not gonna be what you think. Players might say they want to come and play in LA, but we will see what happens this offseason.