Author Topic: 50 Cent - Straight To The Bank [Video]  (Read 577 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent - Straight To The Bank [Video]
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 05:36:24 AM »
Theres basically no offical single. 2 vids are dropping bfore release date "Follow My Lead" with Robin Thicke (produced by The Bizness) and Come And Go, produced by Dre.

The thing is he only has like 4.5 months to do his numbers with BISD dropping in Feb. 08, plus a GUnit group album in the 4th quarter.

People can say what they want about him but hes hustles hard.

you mention follow my lead & come and go, but 2 vids already dropped :-\

I guarantee you we won't see a 50 album in june, gunit album in oct-dec, and another 50 album in sept. Interscope don't do that shit :D

Honestly, not hating but I think the reason he's hustling so hard, isn't because he's motivated to do so, but really, he's scared of flopping

2 more vids  ;)

And lol of course he hustling to sell records, thats the whole idea of grinding before the record is out, to get the public to realize you have an album out and in the end to sell records. Lol no offense Lunatic, but that was a stupid statement.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 01:08:23 PM »
Quite good video. I even watched it a couple times without gettin' bored. Now when I got over the ha ha ha voice, could someone post the dirty cd quality version of this song because dub audio got only clean version.

edit. Fiddy promoting drunk driving at 1:43. I bet that he was drinking something stronger than vitamin water.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:19:45 PM by GimmeYourShoes »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 01:13:08 PM »
Theres basically no offical single. 2 vids are dropping bfore release date "Follow My Lead" with Robin Thicke (produced by The Bizness) and Come And Go, produced by Dre.

The thing is he only has like 4.5 months to do his numbers with BISD dropping in Feb. 08, plus a GUnit group album in the 4th quarter.

People can say what they want about him but hes hustles hard.

you mention follow my lead & come and go, but 2 vids already dropped :-\

I guarantee you we won't see a 50 album in june, gunit album in oct-dec, and another 50 album in sept. Interscope don't do that shit :D

Honestly, not hating but I think the reason he's hustling so hard, isn't because he's motivated to do so, but really, he's scared of flopping

2 more vids  ;)

And lol of course he hustling to sell records, thats the whole idea of grinding before the record is out, to get the public to realize you have an album out and in the end to sell records. Lol no offense Lunatic, but that was a stupid statement.

it wasn't a dumb statement at all. Do you think it's a coincidence where ALREADY seeing more promo for this album then we saw for his prev. 2? At least hustling so hard MUCH earlier then usual. It ain't a knock at him, sales are tougher to come by today then when those albums dropped, so gotta hustle harder if he wants to do good #s, and right now I think flopping is his biggest fear.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 03:32:58 PM »
nuttin stupid about luna's comments.....and timbo is right too that one must hustle real crazy before an album drops to make sure people know it is coming....but he is huslting harder than ever for obvious reasons....

1 - sales on a whole are declining....hiphop is taken hits all the time....if a nigga goes platinum today, its a real success...

2 - 50 is under more pressure than ever to come with big numbers for interscope, they aint really moved units for a minute and his the go to guy right now for numbers for them....but then he is under no more pressure than eminem when he drops an album, its something he has to accept....and he will have much more money given to him to spend on his promotion and advertisement than a regular artist

3 - 50 as an individual is coming under more scrutiny than ever befo, i mean grodt was a success, massacre was guaranteed to be huge after that no matter if he dropped an encore or an illmatic...but this time there are serious questions being raised about 50 and if he has still got it, can he come through after the blows gunit took...and he knows he has to come through and selling huge numbers will be great for him to keep his braggin going about units moved....but he also knows he cannot come with another weak effort....he himself knows massacre was not an acceptable follow up to grodt

Personally I think 50 will not fail with the numbers he does, I can see this selling 3-4 million no problem.....I cannot remember the last time an album has had so much promotion put into at such a hostile rate...nigga about to sell big big numbers, anything less than multi plat will be a major failure for him.....but with the money he and interscope have invested, they already know that will be the minimun they sell, its about how much more they can push which will be interesting....

I am actually looking forward to this album dropping, simply because its a big thang....but he better not drop another wack album is all i'm saying

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 03:47:55 PM »
nuttin stupid about luna's comments.....and timbo is right too that one must hustle real crazy before an album drops to make sure people know it is coming....but he is huslting harder than ever for obvious reasons....

Personally I think 50 will not fail with the numbers he does, I can see this selling 3-4 million no problem.....I cannot remember the last time an album has had so much promotion put into at such a hostile rate...nigga about to sell big big numbers, anything less than multi plat will be a major failure for him.....but with the money he and interscope have invested, they already know that will be the minimun they sell, its about how much more they can push which will be interesting....

i can't see him pusin 3-4 mill in the states. No more 2.2 mill. Think bout the #s jay-z did, with a shit load of promotion, radio friendly singles, and the added publicity of "coming out of retirement"

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »
yeah but the thing is jigga never been a nigga for HUGE numbers....ever since 50 been out he been doing bigger numbers than jigga consistantly....and with him having at least the same budget that jigga got for his album, trust me, this gon sell big!.....i could be wrong though! :laugh:

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 04:32:04 PM »
yeah but the thing is jigga never been a nigga for HUGE numbers....ever since 50 been out he been doing bigger numbers than jigga consistantly....and with him having at least the same budget that jigga got for his album, trust me, this gon sell big!.....i could be wrong though! :laugh:

Yea, will have to wait and see. 3-4 mill seems like a crazy amount, but will see ;)

I'm rooting for T.I. to beat him. He's also got a SHITLOAD of promotion

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »
you always rootin for your nigga TI!   8)  you really think he will sell more than 50 though? i think that would be a pretty good thing to happen, it would shake interscope/aftermath/gunit/shady up BIGT.I.ME.....but your right just gon have to wait! 3-4 million is crazy i admit but imma crazy nigga and i in my head i can see this selling that for real!

about the t.i.....you gots to hook me up once it has dropped homie!

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »
you always rootin for your nigga TI!   8)  you really think he will sell more than 50 though? i think that would be a pretty good thing to happen, it would shake interscope/aftermath/gunit/shady up BIGT.I.ME.....but your right just gon have to wait! 3-4 million is crazy i admit but imma crazy nigga and i in my head i can see this selling that for real!

about the t.i.....you gots to hook me up once it has dropped homie!

pz

yea T.I. is my dude 8)

I dunno. King doing 1.7 was pretty crazy, and that shocked most labels to see atlantic being able to drop such a successful album.

I don't think T.I. will do 1.7 agian, but will see. What You Know was a HUGE it, and I doubt big shit poppin or you know what it is will be as big (the latter getting close) so without a hit as big, 1.7 will be tough. I will say I don't think it's absolutely crazy to say T.I. will outsell him

lol, i'm not gonna download it (since he's my fav) but once it leaks, i'll hook up with the link, and stop myself from downloading it, since i'll be at the store first day ;)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 01:48:38 AM »
I wonder if 50 will drop another DVD w/Video's like he did with "The massacre"
That was a cool concept, honestly kept me hearing the album for a longer period of time.

I'm anticipating this album, "F" the hate.  8)

AK

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 08:57:29 AM »
Song has grown on me a lil bit..50 definetly looks like a monkey when doin that laugh..
would be really funny if Game did a diss song over this beat, the irony bein that its a dre track

rik

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 08:59:02 AM »
Aight vid. I like the song minus the annoying laughing. The song got old for me really fast though.