Author Topic: Congratulations Spurs  (Read 564 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Congratulations Spurs
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 06:14:53 PM »
2007 NBA FINALS= boring

Spurs vs. Pistons will only be boring if you don't like real basketball.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 10:01:06 AM »
2007 NBA FINALS= boring

Spurs vs. Pistons will only be boring if you don't like real basketball.

I actually have to agree with that. I'm still pulling for a miracle for Phoenix, but even though Detroit and SA wont be high scoring, they do play REAL basketball. Real fans will appreciate the series.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 11:37:23 AM »
All this conspiracy is a bunch of bullshit.  THe officiating wasn't the reason the Spurs couldn't hit a basket in the first quarter, was it??? 

THe SPurs won the game, they STEPPED UP like they usually do, and won a game that 99% of peeps thought they would, 

Congrats to the SPurs indeed, they played a great second half.

Guess I'm just seeing things...

That's pretty messed up. How do you run into someone, then flop?

Thats the new era version of defense. Get used to it.
I've lost all respect for Raja.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »
All this conspiracy is a bunch of bullshit.  THe officiating wasn't the reason the Spurs couldn't hit a basket in the first quarter, was it??? 

THe SPurs won the game, they STEPPED UP like they usually do, and won a game that 99% of peeps thought they would, 

Congrats to the SPurs indeed, they played a great second half.

Guess I'm just seeing things...

That's pretty messed up. How do you run into someone, then flop?

Thats the new era version of defense. Get used to it.
I've lost all respect for Raja.

You had respect for Bell? :-X

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »
I don't know why people act like flopping just started in Phoenix. That has been going on for a while. Even some Lakers have done it before.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 12:23:37 PM »
I don't know why people act like flopping just started in Phoenix. That has been going on for a while. Even some Lakers have done it before.

You're right. Derek Fisher & Rick Fox were known for flopping on the occasion. But the difference is, that wasn't their only form of defense. They played great man-on-man D, and if someone made enough contact with them, they would flop. But I don't EVER recall them running full speed into someone then falling back like they were shot with a cannon.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »

You're right. Derek Fisher & Rick Fox were known for flopping on the occasion. But the difference is, that wasn't their only form of defense. They played great man-on-man D, and if someone made enough contact with them, they would flop. But I don't EVER recall them running full speed into someone then falling back like they were shot with a cannon.

And the all time great Vlade Divac. You breathe on him wrong and he would fall to the ground. Now that I agree with. Raja Bell is resorting to flopping a little bit too much. Players used to do it back in the day to cut off driving lanes or to bait the referee into calling a foul if there was alot of contact. (example: Hinrich against Billups). But Bell many times is beat and to make up for it he is flopping. Marion and Thomas both play good D. Which for Bell I don't understand because he is a good defender.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 12:32:37 PM »

And the all time great Vlade Divac. You breathe on him wrong and he would fall to the ground. Now that I agree with. Raja Bell is resorting to flopping a little bit too much. Players used to do it back in the day to cut off driving lanes or to bait the referee into calling a foul if there was alot of contact. (example: Hinrich against Billups). But Bell many times is beat and to make up for it he is flopping. Marion and Thomas both play good D. Which for Bell I don't understand because he is a good defender.

Bell's gotta get his weight up a bit imo. When he's not shooting well, I feel he slacks on defense at the same time.

d-nice

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 12:36:57 PM »
The flop I cannot stand is when a player is walking or running down the court, Another player just stops in front of them and flops. Eberto and Ginobli do that all the time.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »
^ the flopper that pisses me off the most is Anderson Varejao. There's just something about seeing a  6'11 man flopping that really irks me.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »
^ the flopper that pisses me off the most is Anderson Varejao. There's just something about seeing a  6'11 man flopping that really irks me.

Damn I forgot about him.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 01:26:09 PM »
word

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »

Phoenix is the only team that uses flopping as their primary defense.

d-nice

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »

Phoenix is the only team that uses flopping as their primary defense.

San Antonio flops alot. I don't judge total defense by that. You have 1-3 players per team that would rather take a flop then play head up defense.