Poll

Pick 1.

Yes
7 (30.4%)
No
16 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Is LeBron James A Choker?  (Read 2246 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Is LeBron James A Choker?
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2007, 03:45:31 PM »
I will give LeBron his props when he closes out this series...Otherwise, it's just another choke-job. His team has proven that they can compete with Detroit, especially with Detroit being so cold. Now it's up to LeBron to close it out. Who actually thinks he can do it?
im not going to guarantee he will close out the series but for being as young as he is and for it being his first trip this far in the playoffs he deserves some props. If Gibson and Gooden can play like they did last night then Detroit is in trouble. They cannot rely on Hughes thats for sure especially now that he's injured so its gonna be tough. Detroit is officially shook at this point,however they will come out aggressive in game 5. But they have not played cohesively as a team the last 2 games. Webber has fallen off so bad its sad,Billups is not playing like himself especially last night(however like i posted in another thread,he will get it together)Rip is M.I.A.,Rasheed seems to be extremely frustrated. The bright spots i see are Prince and Mcdyess. Prince does it all and Mcdyess is on a tear off the bench. With that said im gonna go ahead and say that Cleveland will man up and pull off the upset. Either way though i have mad respect for James for steppin up after games 1,2 and leading his team to wins to tie it up.

Detroit does this every year in the playoffs. Just like LeBron in almost every 4th quarter. Props to him for being a good player. But has he reached that elite greatness? Is he a true team leader who can make the plays down the stretch? So far, he's been walking through the playoffs. Washington and New Jersey were not playoff teams, and Detroit is playing their shittiest ball in some time...PeACe

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2007, 03:55:44 PM »
I will give LeBron his props when he closes out this series...Otherwise, it's just another choke-job. His team has proven that they can compete with Detroit, especially with Detroit being so cold. Now it's up to LeBron to close it out. Who actually thinks he can do it?
im not going to guarantee he will close out the series but for being as young as he is and for it being his first trip this far in the playoffs he deserves some props. If Gibson and Gooden can play like they did last night then Detroit is in trouble. They cannot rely on Hughes thats for sure especially now that he's injured so its gonna be tough. Detroit is officially shook at this point,however they will come out aggressive in game 5. But they have not played cohesively as a team the last 2 games. Webber has fallen off so bad its sad,Billups is not playing like himself especially last night(however like i posted in another thread,he will get it together)Rip is M.I.A.,Rasheed seems to be extremely frustrated. The bright spots i see are Prince and Mcdyess. Prince does it all and Mcdyess is on a tear off the bench. With that said im gonna go ahead and say that Cleveland will man up and pull off the upset. Either way though i have mad respect for James for steppin up after games 1,2 and leading his team to wins to tie it up.

Detroit does this every year in the playoffs. Just like LeBron in almost every 4th quarter. Props to him for being a good player. But has he reached that elite greatness? Is he a true team leader who can make the plays down the stretch? So far, he's been walking through the playoffs. Washington and New Jersey were not playoff teams, and Detroit is playing their shittiest ball in some time...PeACe
he's not in the elite class...but if he pulls out this series how far is he from elite? does he need a ring? i also agree that its hard to judge his clutch play the last two games based on detroits inconsistency. however compared to his previous playoff play it seems he's making progress as a player and a leader.

teecee

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2007, 04:20:54 PM »

If LBJ takes the Cavs to the final, he will have done something VERY FEW 22 year olds in the NBA have ever done.........lead his team into the NBA finals.  Name one other 22 year old who was the BEST PLAYER and unquestioned leader of his team who took his team to the finals.  I can't think of any of hand................

Of course, its not gonna be easy to beat the Pistons, they are the least predictable team around, at times capable of playing great, at times being HORRIBLE.  Their biggest lead of the series is FIVE POINTS, and they have lost 4 of their last 7 in the playoffs

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2007, 08:08:11 PM »
^^Wade did it last year in the East...The NBA Eastern Conference is a joke...and the Cavs STILL wont get past Detroit, mark that. LeBron is too soft. He'll get better, but he'll never have that killer instinct.

teecee

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2007, 08:45:48 PM »
^^Wade did it last year in the East...The NBA Eastern Conference is a joke...and the Cavs STILL wont get past Detroit, mark that. LeBron is too soft. He'll get better, but he'll never have that killer instinct.

The East IS a joke, I agree with you there, but surely the West must be a joke too, right?  The supposed best team in the league loses in the first round, the horrible, basketball-ruining Suns push the SPurs to 6, yet a team that is, as you said, better than the Suns, is getting destroyed by the Spurs. 

By the way, Wade was 24 last year, not 22, had Shaq riding shotgun, and an EXPERIENCED veteran team with him............not exactly the same situation as Lebron and Cleveland. 

NIK, i know it has been a tough couple of days for you, from fellow Lakers fans calling you out, to actually referring to your "net status", to Kobe wanting out, to LBJ stepping up...............so i understand you have not been able to clearly comprehend what others are posting.  Things will get better!  I know you are praying LBj doesn't take his team to the finals, but if he does you will proclaim the media helped him get there, or the NBA wants him there, or some bullshit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »

The East IS a joke, I agree with you there, but surely the West must be a joke too, right?  The supposed best team in the league loses in the first round, the horrible, basketball-ruining Suns push the SPurs to 6, yet a team that is, as you said, better than the Suns, is getting destroyed by the Spurs. 

By the way, Wade was 24 last year, not 22, had Shaq riding shotgun, and an EXPERIENCED veteran team with him............not exactly the same situation as Lebron and Cleveland. 

NIK, i know it has been a tough couple of days for you, from fellow Lakers fans calling you out, to actually referring to your "net status", to Kobe wanting out, to LBJ stepping up...............so i understand you have not been able to clearly comprehend what others are posting.  Things will get better!  I know you are praying LBj doesn't take his team to the finals, but if he does you will proclaim the media helped him get there, or the NBA wants him there, or some bullshit.

teecee...You're a dickhead who gets offeneded by peoples opinions. You haven't been the first though. Please get off my nuts. I, along with many other people, believe LeBron James is not a clutch player lacking a fire and drive within, and he's proven it time and time again. Not saying that can't change, but as of now, he's not there yet. The Heat last year were no better than the Cavs this year...The west is not a joke, but the league as a whole is far from being at its best stages. Now stop with the random personal attacks, or I'll be forced to delete your meaningless posts. Take a look at your whole last paragaph. It's saying nothing. Simply tryna berate me, and that's all. The Sports section isn't about to become Tha G-Spot...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2007, 12:27:51 PM »

teecee...You're a dickhead who gets offeneded by peoples opinions. You haven't been the first though. Please get off my nuts. I, along with many other people, believe LeBron James is not a clutch player lacking a fire and drive within, and he's proven it time and time again. Not saying that can't change, but as of now, he's not there yet. The Heat last year were no better than the Cavs this year...The west is not a joke, but the league as a whole is far from being at its best stages. Now stop with the random personal attacks, or I'll be forced to delete your meaningless posts. Take a look at your whole last paragaph. It's saying nothing. Simply tryna berate me, and that's all. The Sports section isn't about to become Tha G-Spot...PeACe

NIK, ask around the forum, the only person who should have their posts deleted is you.  You are the one who disses people when they don't agree with you.  And, did you even read the first paragraph? Wade is NOT a good comparison, as LBJ doesn't have Shaq riding shotgun.........Honestly man, if you want to delete my posts, go ahead if it will make you feel better about yourself; i don't define my existence by this message board or the internet, so it will not have any effect on me.  How you are a mod is beyond me; you attack people who have opinions other than Kobe is the best or the SUns/Nash/LBJ suck, etc.  Basically to you, anyone who likes anyone or team who may be seen as a Laker or Kobe rival is ridiculed by you.  ANd you want to delete my posts?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »
Nik, how do you know he'll never have that killer instinct?  ???

The Best of 3 Worlds

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2007, 03:57:40 PM »

NIK is an NBA insider...he knows everything.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2007, 04:18:43 PM »

I never said I know, I said I don't think he will...That's my opinion, based on watching him play.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2007, 04:19:32 PM »

NIK is an NBA insider...he knows everything.

Insiders can't predict the future...LMAO.

Sparegeez

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2007, 04:29:19 PM »

I never said I know, I said I don't think he will...That's my opinion, based on watching him play.

You said he'll never have the killer instinct without an IMO. So that makes it sound like a fact, unless you clearly said at the beginning of your paragraph or sentence you were speaking out of your ass. Argue all you want you still said that. And I think Mosav was triying to ask  why do you think he'll never have the killer instinct. I want to know why you think that too.

And another thing. IF Kobe is traded, which you know there is a high possibility that he will be, what will you say against him once he starts beating your team. I'm just curious. That's unless you switch teams for Kobe. Which is also a high possibility.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

NIK, ask around the forum, the only person who should have their posts deleted is you.  You are the one who disses people when they don't agree with you.  And, did you even read the first paragraph? Wade is NOT a good comparison, as LBJ doesn't have Shaq riding shotgun.........Honestly man, if you want to delete my posts, go ahead if it will make you feel better about yourself; i don't define my existence by this message board or the internet, so it will not have any effect on me.  How you are a mod is beyond me; you attack people who have opinions other than Kobe is the best or the SUns/Nash/LBJ suck, etc.  Basically to you, anyone who likes anyone or team who may be seen as a Laker or Kobe rival is ridiculed by you.  ANd you want to delete my posts?

I don't want to delete anything, but if your only response is personal insults time after time, then it'll happen. We wanna discuss BASKETBALL here, not how pathetic I am or how many people hate me. You say I attack people, but I MAKE SURE that I don't. In fact, read any Kobe thread, it's usually the other way around. People truly get really upset over what I say because I'm a huge Laker fan with a strong opinion. That's when the attacks start. READ THE POSTS, YOU'RE CLAIMING I DO WHAT YOU JUST DID, WITH NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE....And I'm not gunna have it any more, because it's very pathetic. We can't even discuss basketball anymore without a "NIK, lol, get off Kobe's nuts! you live over here, all you do is hate on Nash. Its cause the Lakers suck and your mad!!! hahahaha"

Seriously though, grow up or keep it basketball...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2007, 04:34:16 PM »

You said he'll never have the killer instinct without an IMO. So that makes it sound like a fact, unless you clearly said at the beginning of your paragraph or sentence you were speaking out of your ass. Argue all you want you still said that. And I think Mosav was triying to ask  why do you think he'll never have the killer instinct. I want to know why you think that too.

And another thing. IF Kobe is traded, which you know there is a high possibility that he will be, what will you say against him once he starts beating your team. I'm just curious. That's unless you switch teams for Kobe. Which is also a high possibility.

When someone is speaking, it should be pretty clear to anyone with a brain that what the person is saying is their opinion, unless it's a fact. LOL@me having to add "IMO" after every opinion. This whole board is made for opinions. And all your high possibilities were 100% false, so you get no answers...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
Lets get back to the topic now:

I don't think LeBron will develop that killer instinct because of how he plays, how he gets nervous in crunch-time, biting his nail, how he typically misses more in the 4th quarter and tends to disappear, how he ADMITTED that he doesn't have that natural killer-instince that Kobe has, which you're BORN with...Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong...But until then...