Author Topic: Suge Knight Tightens Belt  (Read 756 times)

Efrain

Re: Suge Knight Tightens Belt
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 08:13:15 PM »
@ Efrain: True, but I'd presume that an organization such as the IRS would be able to see through Suge's bullshit and lies. Especially since he's a media-icon that has always been in the spotlight. I don't believe they will take that shit from him...

Well then perhaps you’re being too presumptuous   :P

3/4ths of those employed by the IRS are the same accountants that work at H&R block and do individual tax returns. It isn’t as though we're talking about criminal justice investigators with state of the art electronic forensics and CIA technology overseeing everyone audited (or in collections).

Individuals in receivership (in collections) from the IRS are subject to the same protocols and procedures as everyone else, whether your name is Suge Knight or Joe Blow. I know several people who have been in receivership from the IRS and when consulting their lawyers both were told to inflate your debts, downplay your assets and appear (physically) like you are a homeless dirty bum (holes in pants and all) living a miserable destitute life of penury. The IRS will (and often does) settle debt for pennies on the dollar so if you can convince them you have nothing they will ask for only a nominal amount and leave you alone, conversely if you look like you're doing pretty good.. well your fucked.

It inst necessarily “bullshit” that the IRS has to see through as you suggest. Suge, at his lawyer’s advice, probably sought out ridiculously high cost apartments and car leases and so forth to create more creditors and debt. He could have just as easily worked out an arrangement with his baby mothers where they claim Suge is obligated to pay an agreed upon amount much higher than the amount they actually receive. The “grand inquisition” Suge has to face is ultimately only a face-to-face meeting with a single IRS agent submitting an offer for negotiation and they will either accept or deny at which point he either submits a new number or if they accept it’s done with. It's not like he's on trial here.

you make alot of sense.. but unfortunately, suge knight is in the hands of a bankruptcy court... and they are not the same people as the irs.

The IRS are the people who collect taxes. They can and will audit your earnings to see if the appropriate amount of taxes have been paid. So anything that Suge is doing now will only affect the taxes he pay for 2007.

Bankruptcy is ran by a bankruptcy court, judge and all. So actually, he IS on trial. Because his creditors (including the IRS) are going to court and trying to get him to pay as much as he can. Now maybe the IRS will not make much effort to provide evidence that Suge is doing what people say he is, but i guarantee you the Harris' are doing so.

Whoops yes then you would be right they're in bankruptcy court. My mistake I thought this was about him and the IRS.