Author Topic: What a GREAT series its been............Spurs, 2007 champs. They are GOOD!  (Read 276 times)

teecee

Despite the suspensions (unwarranted form both sides), FLOPS from BOTH teams, dirty play, etc, it has been a great basketball series.
No other team will give the SPurs as much trouble as the Suns have.  MAYBE this series would go 7 with out the suspensions, but its all part of basketball and it is the way it is.  I'm not gonna bitch about this or that, the SPurs deserved to win so congrats to them.

Pretty much high tension, close ball the whole way, with both teams leaving it on the floor.

-Duncan was AMAZING.  He was unhealthy pretty much the whole year last year, but has been unstoppable this year.  BLOCKS!

-Bowen.  The best perimeter defender in the NBA, and maybe the dirtiest, although definitely the smartest.

-GINOBLI!!!  He stepped up, BIG THREES!

-Stoudemire was great too, with some more seasoning, he will be unstoppable.

-Nash.  He took a beating this series but played his ass off.  Bowen did a GREAT job in him, grabbing him up and down the floor, and I've never seen Nash so frustrated, but still Nash did his thing as always, playing his has off.

-Great series, PROPS TO THE SPURS!  The rest of the playoffs will be anti-climatic, the champion has already been crowned.  NO other team will give the SPurs a run like the Suns have, the Jazz will be done in 5, as will the Pistons or Cavs.

Peace

teecee

Also, Duncan is such a humble guy.  His comments after the game show that.  They also show that NASH is the best player on the Suns team, and definitely one of the best players in the NBA.   The whole SPurs defense was keyed around Nash, not anyone else on the SUns. 

""That kid's the greatest," Duncan said of Nash. "He's unbelievable the way he makes his team run. Bruce did an unbelievable job chasing him the whole time. We respect him so much. We stayed on his hip."

He gave props to Nash, Ginobli, Stoudemire, Parker, Bowen, but refused to acknowledge his own 9 blocks.  Great guy, he's the one Spur that is just too good to hate. 

wcsoldier

The Pistons done in 5.. I highly disagree .. SAS vs Detroit will be played at least in 6 games

jeromechickenbone

Word.  SA gonna take this all the way.  I think Nash is great, but Duncan is the true MVP of the league.

GangstaBoogy

The Spurs look dangerous right now. Duncan lookin like he's still in his prime, Ginobli is playing great (33/11/6), and their bench is really steppin it up. I would love for San Antonio to go all the way this season so my dude Big Shot Rob can get his 7th ring.

I just hope Detroit doesn't make it to the Finals, they bore the crap out of me. San Antonio vs. Cleveland anyone?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fuck the spurs
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

I just hope Detroit doesn't make it to the Finals, they bore the crap out of me. San Antonio vs. Cleveland anyone?
Well with Detroit they'll have a series at least, even if there is no doubt in my mind  Spurs will take it.. but Cleveland gonna get swept if they play SAS

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The Jazz will fare better against San Antonio...They're still takin it over Detroit though. Dunno how anyone expected Phoenix to pass 'em. ???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wow...You prefer to watch a gay, lopsided match-up over a basketball heads dream match-up? This says a lot...:nawty:

rik

Utah is goin' to the finals. Mark my words.

wcsoldier

^^^^ If Duncan broke one leg yes

Lunatic

Utah-Cle would be 1 of the most exciting finals in recent memory, so that's what i'm rooting for, but i doubt that'll happen :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

Utah-Cle would be 1 of the most exciting finals in recent memory, so that's what i'm rooting for, but i doubt that'll happen :-\

Me too, I always like to see the underdog succeed.

GangstaBoogy

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"