Author Topic: How is Dre above all other producers especially...  (Read 260 times)

Sikotic™

How is Dre above all other producers especially...
« on: September 07, 2001, 03:19:02 PM »
DJ Quik Or how is he not on another level?

Cause I have heard alot of people saying Dre is on a whole other level than other producers but I don't get it. I ain't sayin' y'all (not namin' names cause I don't wanna put anyone on the spot) are wrong or not but I have heard some people say "Dre is the best, thats it, case closed" but there is no evidence to back it up.

From the shit I have heard from Quik as of late he is on the same exact level as Dre in my opinion. What about Earthtone? These cats are on a whole other level when it comes to creativity. And there are many different styles so how can we say Dre is the best when we may have not analyzed other music forms as much.

This should make a good discussion since not everyone believes Dre is the best bar none, plus I really need some answers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dope Money Clean

Re: How is Dre above all other producers especiall
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2001, 03:28:44 PM »
Im one of those people who say Dre is on a whole other level.  I dont hear anybody else who can perfect the beat like him .  the way he mixes the track to the chorus and the total lapse time of the beat .  U ever hear a tight beat but it gets boring after a while cuz the song is too long ?  well Dre never does that  , in fact all his songs are too damn short which is actually good. leaves u sayin Damn to yourself .  Ill just leave it at this ........ everybody go out if u havent already  and buy a copy of 2001 Instrumentals Only .  and listen to it a few times . listen carefully and realize how amazing the tracks are mixed .  its like a movie .

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2001, 06:20:18 PM »
Dre knows what he wants always, he surrounds himself with the best.  Dre does the little things to pull a track together like EQ'n the vocals just right to fit the sound of the instrumental.  He has great ears that can pick up the slightest error.  I think lots of people don't get that Dre spends a lot of time on helping the artist on his/her delivery and rhymes appoach to a certain song.  Like Fredwreck said, "He's a producer's producer."  Eminem said Dre made him find a whole nother rapping style because he taught him how to manipulate his voice to make it sound more appealing.  

Hittman

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2001, 08:06:10 AM »
DJ Quik Is On A Whole Other Level To Dr Dre, A Higher One That Is. If Your'e Wanting To Debate Then I Suggest Then You Find My Thread "Hip Hop Producers" Its Shouldnt Be That Far Back, The 3 Pages Of Different Opinons.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2001, 08:25:36 AM »
I don't think Quik is on a higher level, he's definatly rising up, his production is heavier than most but I don't think he, or any other producer in the game will rise 2 Dre's status or even equal the achievements Dre has. Dre is a pioneer in this game. But thats jus' my oppinion.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Big FC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im really fucking random.. and too swift on my toes to get caught up with you hoes..
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2001, 10:16:06 AM »
overall i love dj quik but not as consistently as i enjoy dre's shit.. howeva if dj quik keeps his current streak going on for awhile then i'll pretty much be split between the two.. as for now, i favor dre but i'm loving quik's shit like a mothafucca..
I ain't a killer but don't push me, revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy - Makaveli, RIP
And when we making n*gga shit always makin a killin, i be hearin you bitches there go the villain.. - MC Ren

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2001, 11:18:27 AM »
DJ Quik's last record was his worst since DJ Quik's debut.  Balance and Optioned reeked of mediocrity where as 2001 was unaminously the album of the year.  Please-What do you want?  Better quality?  Dre gets nod.  Record sales? Dre gets nod.  Hit singles? Dre gets nod.  Classic songs?  Dre gets nod.  Please-Dont give me the whole "Im homosexual and album sales dont matter" speech that you always give me, Winger.  Just look at the facts and shut your fat white face.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2001, 12:56:50 PM »

Please-What do you want?  Better quality?  Dre gets nod.  Record sales? Dre gets nod.  Hit singles? Dre gets nod.  Classic songs?  Dre gets nod.  

I don't like this guy (Oasis) but he just summed it up right there and then

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2001, 02:48:54 PM »
this is what i think makes dre the best

Consistancy-in my opinion no one in the WHOLE music game is as consistant as dre, 95% of dre's beats in his career there is something to to love about just about every single one of them from his techno 80's stuff, to his R&B stuff, to his gangsta stuff, ect. no one is more consistant that dre, dj quik isn't as consistant as dre dj quik's best album had a couple of "ok" beats mixed in with his steller ones, Dj Premier is hit or miss 70% of the time, Rza is %50/50 hit or miss producer, warren G, will sometimes tire or water a beat down once in while and ect. most producers in the game have put out more whack beats in the past year or 2 than dre has his whole career....consistancy

inovation- dre is one of the best inovators in the game, when N.W.A came out every one was copying those agressive street beats, when he hit you with g-funk every one in the music biz from a-z was copying that, even madonna for crying out loud and quite a few rock bands too that encorporated a keyboard copied that g-funk sound even dj quik and every other west coast producer as well, and his futuristic funk is now being copied right and left, mostly it's a mix of dre's futuristic funk feel mixed with timbos electronic funk which every one is starting to use now, earth tone three is a keyboardist who says he's influenced by dre alot , so it's like all these other cats wouldn't even be around doing what they're doing right now if it wern't for andre

mixing- no one can mix a record and layer it like dre , NO ONE, you'd have to be a producer or of had taken a musical productions class to understand what i'm talking about , the way a voice layer is put behind certain instruments and the whole way he aranges the sequence of the instruments is just AWWWWING , NO ONE in the rap game can mix worht shit cept dre, peterock, and warren g, every one else is horrible as fuck from all the producers in the rap genre, theres alot of good ones out side of rap that are great  like ross robinson bob rock and lars ulrich but the only one in urban music that is even close to dre mixing wise is Teddy Riley...period and if you don't know shit on mixing don't even argue with this point right here

dre is the michael jordan of production you can't deny his status as the best

sure you might like allen iverson, kobe bryant, and if you're like me...shaq, but you CAN NOT deny jordan his throne as the best like him or not , just like dre, just becuase you're not feeling  dre as much as quick or in some cases Swizz Beats or battlecat don't make 'em better....i like Korn waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than i like the rolling stones....don't make em better, you don't gotta feel the best but you should/need to recognize it

people here want to say dj quik is on the same level as dre...that's on you ( i love dj quik's music don't get me wrong) but there is ALLLLLLLLOT of little flaws in the way he prouduces, that most of you don't know about ....it's like wrestling when you watch it and they make a bunch of little mistakes you don't notice it but people who've gone through wrestling training and wrestling safty classes (like on that show TUFF ENOUGH) they notice them  and that's what i'm getting at alot of you don't know the motions of production and don't see little mistakes that quik or daz makes and don't see how nearly flawless dre does a production it's  AWING to me, i took production class last yeah and i always liked dre but after taking that class and developing a critical instinct and knowledge of production i appreaciate dre's production alot more....and other producers that  kinda do that are Timbaland (he's hella talented behind the boards) Teddy Riley, Automator, Organized Noise, and here recently Eminem has been coming with not neccesarily good sounding beats but well put together beats that are very applaudable

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2001, 06:57:46 PM »
No one coulda said it better Jake...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2001, 12:54:10 AM »
lol thanks..but you know mellow man would regulate more than me

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2001, 08:53:18 AM »
Oh shit, I forgot about him...But by the time he gets back this topic wil be on the 10th page...