Author Topic: Master P Responds To 50 Cent And Critics  (Read 621 times)

Narrator

Re: Master P Responds To 50 Cent And Critics
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:52 AM »
On the one hand, I want to believe P is completely sincere about this whole thing.  Dude has never struck me as being a complete asshole (unlike Suge) even though he's responsible for making some of the most exploitative hip-hop records of all time.  And yet the skeptical part of me sees a bit of self-promotion as at least part of the motivation behind this whole thing.  Obviously, P made more than enough money during the height of No Limit's popularity (1997-99) that being broke will never be a problem for him ever again, and yet he still strikes me as wanting attention.  Please notice that around the same time P made his statement about wanting change in the game, he released a remastered edition of "Ghetto D" to commemorate that album's 10th Anniversary.  Makes me wonder just how repentent he is.

At the very least, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he makes good on his promises.  He's certainly making 50 look bad, and despite 50's belief that beef is his friend in this game, he sure as hell can NOT stand up against someone who's perceived as benevolent if he's seen as the bad guy.

50's always been the bad guy and hasnt lost a beef.

Actually he's lost every beef. It just didn't effect his record sales.

Not really, I mean he shitted on Ja Rule and would have done so even if Ja hadn't been stupid enough to drag the rest of Aftermath into the mix.

Elevz

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 05:36:37 AM »
Furthermore, I am not a preacher; I’m just telling the world what I’m doing and the changes that I am making because it’s something I want to do. If that’s sending mixed signals to people then they need to deal with their own conscience first."

P. Miller

That's a good quote, I like that.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 05:48:08 AM »
Fuck that money-hungry, self-absorbed, attention-whoring hypocrite.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Blu Lacez

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 08:32:20 AM »
"Curtis Jackson’s comment motivated me. There are a lot of immature people in the world. Oprah Winfrey is absolutely right, we need to grow up and be responsible for our own actions. I paid for Curtis’s first rap tour through the south. He was such a humble guy at the time. Most artists’ mission is to sell records. My mission is to help save and change lives. There’s a lack of knowledge and false information out there. I could actually say Little Jay and Rap-A-Lot Records inspired my successful career and I will always respect them no matter what. I wrote the blueprint for this generation. The only difference is there’s no more honor and respect in the game.

Think about it: people in jail are not writing letters proclaiming to come out and do the same thing that landed them there in the first place. People in the hood don’t want to stay poor for the rest of their lives. They want to change. Parents that really love their kids would rather sacrifice their own lives so that their kids could make a change to have a better life and a better education. I’m glad that there are people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and organizations like the NAACP that are out there fighting for our rights and dignity. I have finally realized that EVERY person is either a part of the problem or part of the solution and that is why I have decided to take a stand! I’m reaching out to corporate America to form an alliance for the sake of putting the value back into our communities by rebuilding and developing schools and businesses.

First of all, it’s simply disappointing to see people that are in a position to help make a change just sit back and entertain the negativity. It’s sad to see Steven Hill set all of these programming standards at BET, just to contradict himself for the sake of marketing dollars or artist performances in order to create the appearance of a successful award show. The record company with the biggest marketing check controls the music video stations so we need to go after the people who actually control these programming networks if we want real CHANGE.

I guess by taking a stand, my son and I will probably not be invited back to the BET awards. But it’s O.K. I got love for BET; there are a lot of good people there. Hopefully, this will help people to see the real changes that need to be made. My son and I will sacrifice our airtime because this is bigger than us, this issue desperately needed to be addressed a long time ago.

There are four things that differentiate me from artists like Curtis Jackson. One, I can honestly admit that I was once part of the problem. Two, I don’t want my son to grow up and be like me. I want him to be better and do better - and that is why he is taking the time to pursue a college degree. Three, money don’t make me, I make money. My goal is to educate our people in building generational wealth and knowing how important it is to own real estate. Four, I’m a TRUE entrepreneur; my boss is God not Jimmy Iovine. From one brother to another, if you misunderstand my purpose you could always pick up the phone or talk to me in person. I’m trying to be part of the solution not the problem. The media thrives on entertaining, especially the negativity no matter what the cost. I’m praying for the brothers that are lost out there.

Throughout the years, I have lost so many relatives and friends. This year, I’d like to focus on the comedy movies because we need to laugh more. The first movie that I’m producing is "Black Supaman" and thereafter will be "The Mail Man" starring Tony Cox and myself. I’m setting up a book tour for "Guaranteed Success" and a Hip Hop Business class with financial expert Curtis Oakes for those seeking knowledge. I understand that I can’t change the whole Hip Hop industry; I’m only trying to do my part. If you’re real, be a part of the positive movement with Take A Stand Records.com Look for the first single "I Wanna Be Like You" from the album "Hip Hop History." I’m in negotiations with Wal-Mart and Target for direct distribution. Those are all examples of the positive difference I am trying to make in this industry.

I’m reaching out to my friends Shaquille O’Neal, Will Smith, Russell Simmons, Queen Latifah, Derek Anderson, Charles Barkley, Emmitt Smith, Beyonce, and Reverend Run to help contribute to this positive movement. I will also be holding a press conference with the president NAACP and will be able to answer any questions at that time.

I am not asking any other hip-hop or gangsta rap artist change what they do; that’s how they make their money. Furthermore, I am not a preacher; I’m just telling the world what I’m doing and the changes that I am making because it’s something I want to do. If that’s sending mixed signals to people then they need to deal with their own conscience first."

P. Miller

awww i was hoping he'd say fuck 50 cent >:(....

^^
  Same here, but he didn't!!
Which is very mature of him!!!

i respect Master P.
All i gotta do ow, is if he will honor his words!
if he does, then i guess he really has changed!!

Blu!

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 08:37:15 AM »
Verdict is still out for me if this is true or just a promo stunt. The way 50 said that about P was foul, but he has a point. If a T.I. or Nas or Jay-Z or even 50 stepped forward and did a clean album, it would really set the conservatives on notice. The option of doing clean albums has always been there for artists, it is just a matter of whether or not they wanted to do it.

raphead2001

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 10:05:35 AM »
i always liked P as a hustla and rapper but even i question his new stance. his last album wasn't no positive stuff and his last album wasn't that long ago. people change but do they change that fast and why tha sudden change of heart. and i like how he got at 50 for saying anin't no man my boss but i don't like how black people wanna suck white people's dick on this whole rap thing. people can do and say whateva they want to do. i heard that 50 cent got paid 500.000 for some jewish kid, u think that jewish kid is out being a gangsta like 50 cent raps about? nah he anint. i listened to tray dee nonstop growing up but i didn't wanna be no crip. its like as soon as white people start talking down blacks wanna fold and say "your right our music is evil ima change so larry king wont talk about me". Fuck that shit, P should really Take A Stand and be like this is what we do and if you don't like don't play it. their are problems within the black community but music anin't it. why can't P diss all tha drug dealers in tha hood he loves4 destroying tha hood and hooking lil kids moms on dope

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »
I’m glad that there are people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and organizations like the NAACP that are out there fighting for our rights and dignity.

I stopped reading after this sentence  :laugh:   what a clown

LMAO!

Narrator

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 01:53:49 PM »
i always liked P as a hustla and rapper but even i question his new stance. his last album wasn't no positive stuff and his last album wasn't that long ago. people change but do they change that fast and why tha sudden change of heart. and i like how he got at 50 for saying anin't no man my boss but i don't like how black people wanna suck white people's dick on this whole rap thing. people can do and say whateva they want to do. i heard that 50 cent got paid 500.000 for some jewish kid, u think that jewish kid is out being a gangsta like 50 cent raps about? nah he anint. i listened to tray dee nonstop growing up but i didn't wanna be no crip. its like as soon as white people start talking down blacks wanna fold and say "your right our music is evil ima change so larry king wont talk about me". Fuck that shit, P should really Take A Stand and be like this is what we do and if you don't like don't play it. their are problems within the black community but music anin't it. why can't P diss all tha drug dealers in tha hood he loves4 destroying tha hood and hooking lil kids moms on dope

The thing is...at this point, it isn't the outsiders like Larry King or Bill O'Reilly or whoever else that are the most vehement critics of hip-hop.  Right now, a lot of the criticism of hip-hop is coming from hip-hop fans and even rappers themselves (Nas just being the icing on the cake).  Even cats that been listening to hip-hop since the Golden Age (like myself) are starting to get sick of the negativity and the lack of creativity.

When Ice-T and N.W.A. were doing gangsta shit, at least we could say that they were making intelligent commentary about the way shit was in the 'hood.  When Snoop Dogg and Bone Thugs were doing it, it wasn't really socially aware or anything, but at least it was creative and cinematic and done well.  But nowadays, when G-Unit or Dipset or Yung Joc or whoever else does it, it's not the least bit intelligent OR creative; it's just exploitative.  And the thing is, most of them make no bones about the fact that they're in it ONLY for the money and that they give a fuck about artistic integrity or who they influence.  There is a point where everyone can say they've had enough, and right now, that's what a lot of the heads and the MCs feel.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 02:35:37 PM »
And the thing is, most of them make no bones about the fact that they're in it ONLY for the money and that they give a fuck about artistic integrity or who they influence.

Yo, I swear on everythang I was gonna make a topic about that, but who wants to hear another complaint about Hip Hop, word? But since you said it..

Don't that piss ya'll off?? I mean every time I hear a track and a rapper says something like 'I'm just doin' this to get paid' I swear I wanna start spazin'. You don't need talent no more and you don't have to have a message?? Come on now, come on. And Hip Hop is NOT just a easy way for a nigga out the hood to get money. GIT A FUCKIN' JOB. Stop jumpin' on a record to talk about your rings, your violence, your drugs, your disrespect to women and whatever nonsense ya'll wanna talk TO GIT A COUPLE DOLLARS. Oh my God, shit presses a button on me.

raphead2001

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 08:31:09 PM »
i feel what yall saying but alot of this backlash came after tha imus thing so tha pressure from tha media is playing a part in it too. and i personally don't like alot of tha gangsta rap because its fake. its not even true life shit. some rappers put extras and thats when i can't fuck with it. but QuietTruth how can you say nigga then say you want more positive behavior by the rappers? you say they dissrespect women but you dissrespect every black person

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 11:53:13 AM »
^ Nigga is a word. Actions speaker louder than it. ;)

And do we have to get to arguing about the word? That will get nowhere homie.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 01:40:24 PM »
LOL, this is absolutely nothing more than P looking for another angle to exploit in an attempt to become relevant again.  This guy has gone through so many gimmicks tryin to ride whatever fad is hot at the time.  I remember back in like 04 his ass was always showing up on 106 & Park uninvited and shit.  Wouldn't even have much of anything to talk about - he'd just be there kickin it on the couch wearin that backward hat w/ the braids sewn into it.  He ain't been relevant since BBTP left his ass.

I bet P be saying something like "you need to buy my album, I laid down positive music.  You should go buy it."
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

raphead2001

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 10:54:17 PM »
its a word made to disrespect black people and im not arguing its tha truth. there is a reason why kanye said "George Bush doesn't care about black people" and not "George Bush doesnt care about niggaz". ima real black man i don't talk like no punk white boy

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 10:59:42 AM »
^ Right but you're wrong.

Lol, that was hot, I liked that ^. :laugh:

Nah, but for real homie, it's a word and before you start spazin' about that, start spazin' on the behavior.