Author Topic: Chad Hugo from the neptunes  (Read 311 times)

KURUPTION-81

Chad Hugo from the neptunes
« on: May 27, 2007, 07:05:29 AM »
Is this guy still producing or is the neptunes just Pharell now.

Hell Hath No Fury says the tracks were produced by the neptunes but there is no writing credits for C.Hugo only P.Williams .

Before someone says thats because Pharell appears on the tracks, anyone who produced the track gets writing credits. So in theory chad should be listed if he is part of the neptunes.

Same goes for the production on snoops last album by the neptunes

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Chad Hugo from the neptunes
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
hmmm dont know, but i had been thinkin he is obviously absent. everyone always shouts out pharell on tracks, but never chad... maybe he has gone to do other things, or slipped further behind the scenes. i dont know though...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
He seems to have been missing for a while , i know he was never really in the forefront but he was still visable .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 07:57:07 AM »
He seems to have been missing for a while , i know he was never really in the forefront but he was still visable .

yeh i know what you mean, besides NERD he was rarely seen. but his name was always in credits... i would like for someone to shed more light on this...

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 08:01:01 AM »
Solo production

Recently, while he continues to be credited as "The Neptunes," Pharrell is the only member of the duo who has received writing credits on several productions, implying that he has been producing several beats without Hugo's input. Neptunes productions solely credited to Pharrell include the street single "Vato" from Snoop Dogg's latest album Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, "Money Maker" from Ludacris's Release Therapy, "Wind It Up" from Gwen Stefani's The Sweet Escape, "I Gotcha" from Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor, "Partners for Life" from Diddy's Press Play, "Anything" from Jay-Z's comeback album Kingdom Come, and the entirety of Hell Hath No Fury by the Clipse.Chad Hugo has made solo productions under the name "Chase Chad," including contributions to Kenna's 2003 album New Sacred Cow. Hugo has been recently solo producing tracks for Alicia Keys, Bishop Lamont (Aftermath Records), Katherine McPhee (American Idol), and of course Kenna. The Chad Hugo produced Kenna song Out of Control (State of Emotion), was featured in a Sony PSP TV commercial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neptunes#Solo_production

i know its wikipedia, so it is probably semi-true.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 08:49:43 AM »
^^Bishop said it himself Chad is producing for him, so who knows, info might be correct
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 09:02:05 AM »
I've noticed that too.  I think the majority of Neptunes beats I've heard lately have been lacking a little bit. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »
^^^^ same thing on Pharell solo..

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 12:29:28 PM »
on NERD I thought he was strictly on instruments with Shay while Pharrell fronted and played as well.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 12:36:13 PM »
There was an interview in Scratch magazine a while back with Chad, and he said he was slipping behind the scenes more.  I don't remember exaxtly what he said, but it seemed like Pharrell was producing more by himself.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 03:51:57 AM »
There was an interview in Scratch magazine a while back with Chad, and he said he was slipping behind the scenes more.  I don't remember exaxtly what he said, but it seemed like Pharrell was producing more by himself.

that doesent surprise me, i think we all know pharell is a bit of a attention whore  ;D

Thought this was interesting from Rosco P. Coldchain interview.

AllHipHop.com: What’s your relationship like with Pharrell, now?

Rosco P. Coldchain: Great question. Pharrell’s on his own planet. He’s rich; he’s in his own zone. Is there long-distance love? Yeah. [Laughs] The rich hang with the rich; the poor hang with the poor. Sometimes the rich can hang with the poor, if that’s what they decide to do. In his particular case, he’s workin’. At this particular moment, it’s boss and employee; I’m the employee and he’s definitely the boss.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 07:29:01 AM »
I can't remember the exact article, think it might have been a Mixtape Monday, but I was on MTV.com recently, and there was a brief entry on The Neptunes producing the new track for Twista. Anyway, I can't remember the exact words, but it said something like, "Pharell, along with his longtime production partner Chad Hugo..." In any case, the article implied that they were still working together. I, too, find it weird that he's not being credited though.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 11:40:41 AM »
Yeah, i remember Bishop saying that Chad was taking a little break and doing his own thing for a while, but he's still part of the Neptunes.

Noreaga57

• Lil Geezy
  • N.o.r.e.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 03:19:17 PM »
if he isnt producing with pharell anymore, now we know why neptunes beats today arent that good as they were back in the days :)
The invincible, untouchable, CNN

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 03:34:43 PM »
maybe the fact that he isn't back dont wanna make black rappers shout him out