Author Topic: PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS ARE GUNNA BE VICIOUS!  (Read 722 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS ARE GUNNA BE VICIOUS!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 03:16:51 AM »
If they can just keep this team together and let em grow together they're gonna be a problem in a few years.

^^^^First thing that popped in my head too bro.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 04:56:18 AM »
LOL at Jake bringing up Jamison like he is a bust or something.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:25 AM »
Word I was just thinkin about that

teecee

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 09:24:20 AM »
The more i think about this, maybe it would be a good idea for Portland to take Durant and keep Randolph.   Durant and Oden will both be great players, its definitely a toss up as they are so different.

If I'm Portland, I go with Durant

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »
i was talking about forwards/centers who were suppose to be the shit and were pridicted to be the future garnetts-Duncan's of this league.

Antawn Jamison is a top power forward in the league... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 10:06:49 AM »
yeah i've seen him in the last TWO or three playoffs. but what i'm talking about is his projection to be the next SUPER STAR FRANCHISE PLAYER. which he obviously is NOT. but he is a damn good role player, much like Odom.

LMFAO@Antawn Jamison and Lamar Odom being "role players".

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 10:12:34 AM »
i agree with you, he's not a BAD player, neither is van horn nor was vince carter who he was traded for in the draft. but i still remember a day when Jamison was the NCAA player of the year and the talk was "could he be the next Jordan? Is he the next future Franchise superstar?"  i mean he's awesome but he's not someone  you want to build around. he's more like the ultimate sidekick.  that's why he's in that list, not because he's a bad player and not because of where he was picked. and that's the point i'm trying to make about greg oden. people, dont' get your hopes up, he was a beast among amateaurs, lets see if he has the same effect in the pros.  before we declare him AND THE BLAZERS VICIOUS! i mean brandon roy was the roookie of the year, and randolf has been one of the dopest suprises, and d miles had some success with the clippers as the third man in line (lol), but c'mon the kid hasn't stepped foot on the stage yet.  Shaq he is not. Duncan he is not. Alcinder he is not. Hakeem he is not.  jamison, jordan he is not.

Even if he "only" ended up as good as Antawn Jamison, that would still be great for the Blazers. Do you know what the hell you're talking about? Jamison compared to Jordan? Dude is a POWER FORWARD/CENTER. Same dude who is capable of scoring 50 points on back-to-back nights...same dude who averaged 32 and 10 in the playoffs...Antawn Jamison > 95% of forwards in the game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 10:14:32 AM »
The more i think about this, maybe it would be a good idea for Portland to take Durant and keep Randolph.   Durant and Oden will both be great players, its definitely a toss up as they are so different.

I agree in a way...But Randolph has been involved in trade rumors since last year. Oden/Aldridge can be the new twin towers.

wcsoldier

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »

I agree in a way...But Randolph has been involved in trade rumors since last year. Oden/Aldridge can be the new twin towers.
Randolph can't block to save his life... Oden will be (at least) an instant impact player defensive wise

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »

Randolph can't block to save his life... Oden will be (at least) an instant impact player defensive wise

Yea...Randolph reminds me of Eddy Curry. I wouldn't rely on him as my main post player. He's like the Steve Nash of power forwards when it comes to defense...If you judge players by stats, do it all the way. Randolph averages more turnovers than blocks, steals, and assists COMBINED.

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 10:49:49 AM »

Yea...Randolph reminds me of Eddy Curry. I wouldn't rely on him as my main post player. He's like the Steve Nash of power forwards when it comes to defense...If you judge players by stats, do it all the way. Randolph averages more turnovers than blocks, steals, and assists COMBINED.
I don't only judge player by stat but when a interior averages 0.2 block a game  :-X

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »
i agree with you, he's not a BAD player, neither is van horn nor was vince carter who he was traded for in the draft. but i still remember a day when Jamison was the NCAA player of the year and the talk was "could he be the next Jordan? Is he the next future Franchise superstar?"  i mean he's awesome but he's not someone  you want to build around. he's more like the ultimate sidekick.  that's why he's in that list, not because he's a bad player and not because of where he was picked. and that's the point i'm trying to make about greg oden. people, dont' get your hopes up, he was a beast among amateaurs, lets see if he has the same effect in the pros.  before we declare him AND THE BLAZERS VICIOUS! i mean brandon roy was the roookie of the year, and randolf has been one of the dopest suprises, and d miles had some success with the clippers as the third man in line (lol), but c'mon the kid hasn't stepped foot on the stage yet.  Shaq he is not. Duncan he is not. Alcinder he is not. Hakeem he is not.  jamison, jordan he is not.

Even if he "only" ended up as good as Antawn Jamison, that would still be great for the Blazers. Do you know what the hell you're talking about? Jamison compared to Jordan? Dude is a POWER FORWARD/CENTER. Same dude who is capable of scoring 50 points on back-to-back nights...same dude who averaged 32 and 10 in the playoffs...Antawn Jamison > 95% of forwards in the game.

one question. would you build a franchise around antawn jamison? would you build a franchise around odom? teams have tried and it wasn't as successful as franchise players like let's say iverson. i'd put jamison in the same category as scottie pippen....someone who i'd say = pippen>>>>98% of forwards in the history of the game. but would i ever build around him? uhhhhh not really. he was the PERFECT sidekick to the perfect player.. that's what jamison is, he's the second punch to a franchise player. same as odom.  how does this all relate to Greg Oden? he is projected to be the class of the league, the centerpiece for an organization. and what i'm saying is hold on to that talk, PLEASE at least let him prove himself like lebron and Melo before we pass such a heavy toll on the kid.  there was a day when jamison was projected to be the centerpiece of the league. i'm in no way saying he was a bust, but did he meet these expectations? no. his stint in gs  was anything but all that memorable as the 'leader' of that organization. he's been a sixth man of the year...but like i said he's been the ultimate two punch for arenas. Will oden even live up to THAT!? that's the question so far until he's stepped onto the court. Greg oden is NOT shaq, Greg oden is NOT duncan, Greg Oden is NOT Lou Alcinder, Greg Oden is NOT David Robinson, Greg Oden is NOT Hakeem Olajuwan, ect. ect.  let's not put him in that Light til he's earned it. for all we know he'll be the next Zo, but he's all hype til he's banging with the best in the post. the blazers won 32 games this year , is oden going to make that much of difference to get them 18 more wins for a decent playoff spot? and be that much of difference maker to win a series or two in the playoffs? while keeping players like randolph, roy, miles for the next couple of bumpy years? who knows maybe yes, but i don't see it. in 9 seasons the farthest an antawn jamison team has gotten is the second round , to be swept by the miami heat. the farthest a lamar odom team has gotten is the second round. a Vicious team is a team like the Spurs who have won 3 titles  and have made numerous deep playoff runs. a vicious team is a team like the suns who have made it to the conf finals many times in the past few years, and numerous deep playoff runs. even if Oden gets them to the 7th seed in the playoffs they're not going to be THAT vicious, they'll be like the grizzlies 2003-2006. or a little better than what the lakers were this season. BUT WHO KNOWS!?  i hope the goofy looking mother fucker proves me wrong. this league is missing  good centers.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 02:29:20 PM »

one question. would you build a franchise around antawn jamison? would you build a franchise around odom? teams have tried and it wasn't as successful as franchise players like let's say iverson. i'd put jamison in the same category as scottie pippen....someone who i'd say = pippen>>>>98% of forwards in the history of the game. but would i ever build around him? uhhhhh not really. he was the PERFECT sidekick to the perfect player.. that's what jamison is, he's the second punch to a franchise player. same as odom.  how does this all relate to Greg Oden? he is projected to be the class of the league, the centerpiece for an organization. and what i'm saying is hold on to that talk, PLEASE at least let him prove himself like lebron and Melo before we pass such a heavy toll on the kid.  there was a day when jamison was projected to be the centerpiece of the league. i'm in no way saying he was a bust, but did he meet these expectations? no. his stint in gs  was anything but all that memorable as the 'leader' of that organization. he's been a sixth man of the year...but like i said he's been the ultimate two punch for arenas. Will oden even live up to THAT!? that's the question so far until he's stepped onto the court. Greg oden is NOT shaq, Greg oden is NOT duncan, Greg Oden is NOT Lou Alcinder, Greg Oden is NOT David Robinson, Greg Oden is NOT Hakeem Olajuwan, ect. ect.  let's not put him in that Light til he's earned it. for all we know he'll be the next Zo, but he's all hype til he's banging with the best in the post. the blazers won 32 games this year , is oden going to make that much of difference to get them 18 more wins for a decent playoff spot? and be that much of difference maker to win a series or two in the playoffs? while keeping players like randolph, roy, miles for the next couple of bumpy years? who knows maybe yes, but i don't see it. in 9 seasons the farthest an antawn jamison team has gotten is the second round , to be swept by the miami heat. the farthest a lamar odom team has gotten is the second round. a Vicious team is a team like the Spurs who have won 3 titles  and have made numerous deep playoff runs. a vicious team is a team like the suns who have made it to the conf finals many times in the past few years, and numerous deep playoff runs. even if Oden gets them to the 7th seed in the playoffs they're not going to be THAT vicious, they'll be like the grizzlies 2003-2006. or a little better than what the lakers were this season. BUT WHO KNOWS!?  i hope the goofy looking mother fucker proves me wrong. this league is missing  good centers.

The point is that they have ALREADY an amazing nucleas to build around...Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Sergio Rodriguez...Hell, even Darius Miles and Zach Randolph are young, developing players...I'm not saying they're gunna do some damage right away, but is Portland heading back in the right direction? Hell yea...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »
darius miles isn't going to do anything major, he was cool in LA, but that's all you've really heard of him since. he's BEEN developing very very very slowly, zach randolph IS dope, but he's not nothing the champion around as class of the league. brandon roy is tight.  but the rest of their line up is  very sub par. greg oden will be a valuable addition, but like i said, will it be realistic to keep all of the above? i see it being like the clippers from a few years ago (odom/brand/miles). nice on paper but i still have MAJOR reservations til they actually play out.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
darius miles isn't going to do anything major, he was cool in LA, but that's all you've really heard of him since. he's BEEN developing very very very slowly, zach randolph IS dope, but he's not nothing the champion around as class of the league. brandon roy is tight.  but the rest of their line up is  very sub par. greg oden will be a valuable addition, but like i said, will it be realistic to keep all of the above? i see it being like the clippers from a few years ago (odom/brand/miles). nice on paper but i still have MAJOR reservations til they actually play out.

Lamarcus Aldridge is sub-par? LMAO. The same Lamarcus Aldridge who could pick up 17 boards, 27 points, and 4 blocks in 30 mins as a rookie?

Travis Outlaw at 22 years old is sub-par?
Martell Webster at 20 years old is sub-par?

Denying they have a great young nucleus is absurd. The Clippers never had a franchise point guard, like Brandon Roy, topped off with some great interior presence, and some nice swing-men. And Brandon's Roy back-up, Jarret Jack, is also not too shabby at 23 years old. Lets also not count out Darius Miles. His last season was his best, and he was out for all of last year...If he can stay healthy, Miles is an all-star caliber forward...PeACe