Author Topic: Let's get into it  (Read 174 times)

GangstaBoogy

Let's get into it
« on: June 04, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »
Kobe at Wade's age...

Kobe at Lebron's age...

:sshh:
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Let's get into it
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 01:41:39 PM »
not that were nitpicking, but kobe was actually 20, as opposed to bron who is 22 now

kobe is sick

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 02:20:13 PM »
Add to that 1st Team All-NBA, 1st Team All-Defense...LOL@LeBronze being on Kobe's level.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJyrWLtovOs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mJyrWLtovOs</a>
Age 22

teecee

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »
It's like this guys:  Kobe Bryant is one of the most talented players the league has ever seen, and will go down as one of the best ever, even if he never LEADS a team to a ring.

Kobe has had AMAZING games......I don't think there is another player capable of scoring 81 in a game, that is simpyl ridiculous and i don't think it will ever happen again, unless Kobe does it.  He is the best scorer the game has seen since MJ, as he can shoot the three, drive, post up, etc. 

However, Kobe never had pressure on him in his first couple of years compared with Lebron.  Shaq made it so Kobe could TOSS UP AIRBALLS in the playoffs.  Kobe came in a 15th pick with low expectations to a team with the most dominant player in the game. Lebron came to a shit team where he was EXPECTED to be the man at 18, and he hasn't disappointed.

Kobe has had better games than the 48 Lebron dropped the other night, no doubt about it.  However, Kobe has NOT had a game like that with the pressure on like Lebron had.  EVERYONE was saying Lebron wasn't clutch, so dude went out and dropped 25 straight with the game tying three and the game winner in the BIGGEST GAME OF HIS CAREER.  No Shaq to fall back on like Wade or Kobe had.
That is why peeps are making a big deal about the game: its the situation, not the matter of points.  Its the playoffs, its in Detroit, and noone else can bury a shot, so Lebron HAD TO DO IT.  And he proceeded to something in that game that NOONE HAS EVER DONE!
It was the defining game of his career, and it came at a time when he needed it most, even if it came a couple years earlier than most expected it.

I WILL give you this:  The Lakers lineup pretty much sucks.  Regardless, Kobe has not proven himself to lead a team ANYWHERE by himself, and until he does this there will be doubters.  Kobe Bryant IS THE SHIT, and is the best talent in the NBA today; nooone can go off like Kobe, and there is also this:  Kobe's game LOOKS exactly like MJ's, from the drives to the fadeaways, etc.  His game LOOKS better than anyone else's. 

Kobe gets mad props, i just feel that some Kobe fans are scared to give anyone else props (Nash, Lebron) because they can't stand the fact that some people think someone might be more valuable or better than Kobe.  I'd get used to it guys: Lebron isn't going anywhere, and the fact he is this good at 22 when his game can still be majorly improved should make  everyone a little worried.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »

Kobe gets mad props, i just feel that some Kobe fans are scared to give anyone else props (Nash, Lebron) because they can't stand the fact that some people think someone might be more valuable or better than Kobe.  I'd get used to it guys: Lebron isn't going anywhere, and the fact he is this good at 22 when his game can still be majorly improved should make  everyone a little worried.

Agreed

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:55:18 PM »

That's fair. I'll be the first to admit I have a tendency to hate players for small periods of time. Not because of their status, but because of how unfair the critics are. Ex: Kobe's illegal follow through got him called a dirty player. Lebron did the same thing and NO ONE mentioned it. Or how Wade can get a call when there was no contact at all but Kobe won't get a call after getting a knot or shedding blood.

But at the end of the day, its all entertainment. Basketball is a great sport with some amazing athletes. Too bad the refs/critics really take a lot of the joy and emotion out of it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"